Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

There's a lot of adrenaline flowing but once there's realization of an injury I'm with you in that there is zero tolerance for celebration. I just watched and didn't see any celebration. There is absolutely a brotherhood amongst most players. Many have known each other long before becoming professionals.  They are part of the same union and looking out for each other is in there best interest. I'm saying the same as you "that it was a football play". I don't think there was intent to injure and he wasn't happy the Allen went down in anyway. I respect your opinion and wouldn't try to change anyone's view of the play. I guess that's part of what makes us love this game so much. There's such a fine line evolving so many different scenarios that there always room for debate. The most important thing in this case is it looks like Allen is okay. As a fan I don't wish injury on anyone and like to see the best possible players for both teams on the field at all times.

There have always been players who look to hurt other players (although a small minority), and there always will be. By the way, would that be friendly musket fire?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FriendlyFire said:

Good morning. I know it's my first post as a TwoBills guest but I wanted to stop by and see how Allen was and what the fans were saying?

It was tough to watch. But I'm glad he seems to be doing well.

I understand my view of it won't be popular but here goes. It will get a fine as it should but it wasn't malicious. I think Allen getting caught from behind a split second before the hit restricted his movement just enough so he could not protect himself as a runner and Jones was committed. It was a bang, bang play. I don't see what either player could have done differently. It's one of those unfortunate things that happens sometimes. I believe 99% of players never like to see another player hurt. It's their livelihood and health at risk. They are a brotherhood when all is said and done. Again I'm very, very happy that Allen appears to be recovering well.

As far as the game it was interesting to say the least. The Bill's D was impressive especially the D line. They brought pressure consistently. It will be fun to see where each team is at when they play again December 22nd.

Until then best of luck. 

Good afternoon. This isn’t my first post. 

Kick rocks.  Your team is a bunch of soulless #######s. Your coach and Qb’s comments after the game are beyond hypocritical.  If that happened to Brady, you’d be talking about how the world is out to get you and our guy should be executed.  

So, as I’ve respectfully said to your fan counterpart on here...

Go ***** yourself

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Brady has commented on the hit, says He never likes seeing injuries, but the hit was just part of the game

Hope he remembers that next time a defensive player gets within 5' of him and he's prancing around to the refs screaming for a penalty call.......

Too bad no one in this league has the balls to actually hit him......

36 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Good afternoon. This isn’t my first post. 

Kick rocks.  Your team is a bunch of soulless #######s. Your coach and Qb’s comments after the game are beyond hypocritical.  If that happened to Brady, you’d be talking about how the world is out to get you and our guy should be executed.  

So, as I’ve respectfully said to your fan counterpart on here...

Go ***** yourself

Do you mean like when LB Nigel Bradham leveled Brady while he was just standing there in the backfield after throwing a pick in Buffalo 2015? Or Preston Brown's helmet to helmet sack of Brady?

Enjoy this beauty.

Some wise words given my Tom Brady following Sunday's win should be relayed to Josh Allen ASAP.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has nearly seen it all in his 19-year career in the NFL. Big plays, epic comebacks, tough losses, and injuries. That's why he was able to have the perfect answer when the media asked him about the hit Josh Allen took that knocked him out of the 16-10 win for the Patriots in Week 4 over the Buffalo Bills. 

During an interview with WEEI's "The Greg Hill Morning Show" Brady talked about a similar situation that he had been in when he tucked the ball and lugged his way down the field. It's not just a story though - it's great piece of advice. 

“I had a play like that up in BUFFALO

." Brady said. "I remember the next day Coach Belichick said to me - I’ll never forget this - ‘Hey Brady, if you want to have a career in this league, when you’re running like that, you throw the ball away or slide.'"

Edited by FriendlyFire

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Allen should only listen to Brady if he is going to an Uggs convention, (edited for offensive content)

Actual Allen *should* absolutely take that advice .. in addition to the other things you mentioned ;) 

Sometimes he is too much of a gamer for his own good.

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree with the sentiment, but one of us should give him that quote with an anonymous tag and let him learn with it. Then we should kick Brady in his balls... If we can find them. 

Hopefully once the cobwebs clear and he watches the replay, it will be obvious to him.  But like the stupid throws he can't seem to stop doing, he has been a gamer and a strong runner his entire playing career as well.  Tough habit to break in the heat of the moment.  But maybe his GF can help with that.  That hit probably scared the ***** out of her.

Edited by CodeMonkey

24 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

Some wise words given my Tom Brady following Sunday's win should be relayed to Josh Allen ASAP.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has nearly seen it all in his 19-year career in the NFL. Big plays, epic comebacks, tough losses, and injuries. That's why he was able to have the perfect answer when the media asked him about the hit Josh Allen took that knocked him out of the 16-10 win for the Patriots in Week 4 over the Buffalo Bills. 

During an interview with WEEI's "The Greg Hill Morning Show" Brady talked about a similar situation that he had been in when he tucked the ball and lugged his way down the field. It's not just a story though - it's great piece of advice. 

“I had a play like that up in Buffalo." Brady said. "I remember the next day Coach Belichick said to me - I’ll never forget this - ‘Hey Brady, if you want to have a career in this league, when you’re running like that, you throw the ball away or slide.'"

It's good advice, avoiding a bad situation is much better than having to deal with the results and consequences of a play like yesterday.  But the issues isn't about what decision a QB makes but rather the actions of defenders and the fair and equitable application of the rules by the officials and the league office. 

Many have tried to explain the hit in terms of intent or subtle changes in contact angles but I've heard it explained dozens of times every Sunday that the league rules insist that the defender is responsible for their actions.  Apparently not yesterday in this particular game.  In this instance the sliding scale of judgment applied by the NFL from week-to-week and game-to-game and team-to-team this hit on Allen was judged to NOT be sufficient to result in ejection from the game.  I can't wait until another flagrant hit or two occurs next weekend and the league once again will be forced to explain their inconsistent and arbitrary enforcement of the rules. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Hopefully once the cobwebs clear and he watches the replay, it will be obvious to him.  But like the stupid throws he can't seem to stop doing, he has been a gamer and a strong runner his entire playing career as well.  Tough habit to break in the heat of the moment.  But maybe his GF can help with that.  That hit probably scared the ***** out of her.

I think they come from the same place- not so much as stupid as being desperate to make something happen. He wanted that first down and got tunnel vision and didn't see the train. Hopefully he'll grow through that. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It's good advice, avoiding a bad situation is much better than having to deal with the results and consequences of a play like yesterday.  But the issues isn't about what decision a QB makes but rather the actions of defenders and the fair and equitable application of the rules by the officials and the league office. 

Many have tried to explain the hit in terms of intent or subtle changes in contact angles but I've heard it explained dozens of times every Sunday that the league rules insist that the defender is responsible for their actions.  Apparently not yesterday in this particular game.  In this instance the sliding scale of judgment applied by the NFL from week-to-week and game-to-game and team-to-team this hit on Allen was judged to NOT be sufficient to result in ejection from the game.  I can't wait until another flagrant hit or two occurs next weekend and the league once again will be forced to explain their inconsistent and arbitrary enforcement of the rules. 

On top of that the inconsistent NFL kicked Burfict out after his helmet to helmet and then suspended him for the rest of the season. 

It would appear the NFL and others around the league didn't see it the same way as fans did in the game thread. Big surprise. Have to say I agree with Brady on this one. It's a rough and tumble league and guys are going to hit you if you're running/diving head first for first downs. The flag was appropriate (because intent doesn't matter when it's helmet to helmet). Not ejecting the defender was appropriate. Have to be smarter.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Tom Brady is 100% correct

I hate that hit yesterday, saying that hopefully it is something Josh will learn from. I don’t want him lowering his shoulder unless it is 4th down in the Super Bowl. We need him healthy for the full season. 

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

No offense, but you have  realize the difference between a hit like this in 2019 and a hit like this in the mid 00's.  You might as well post a clip from the 70's.

How about a helmet to helmet on Brady by Buffalo in 2015 or a cheap shot clean his clock after a play in 2014 ? Would those meet your approval? People said if "we ever did this to Brady" 3 times right off the bat. I sure there are more. So you"re saying Nates wasn't cheap because it was in the mid 2000's? interesting. In your opinion what year did cheap shots start? 

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

I hate that hit yesterday, saying that hopefully it is something Josh will learn from. I don’t want him lowering his shoulder unless it is 4th down in the Super Bowl. We need him healthy for the full season. 

Yes.  That hit is bound to happen.  Shelf-lives of running backs and WRs are short.  Quarterbacks are tough to get.  They gave up a lot of capital to get Allen.  You want him to have a solid 15 year career missing a minimum number of games.

As frustrating as it is, Brady is an absolute jedi at 'legally grounding' the football, and taking the fewest number of hits.  

These hits add up too... and I mentioned it here or elsewhere.  if it isnt a concussion, itll be a shoulder separation, knee ligament, collar bone, ribs, etc...  Cant keep doing this.  A running QB is not sustainable.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

How about a helmet to helmet on Brady by Buffalo in 2015 or a cheap shot clean his clock after a play in 2014 ? Would those meet your approval? People said if "we ever did this to Brady" 3 times right off the bat. I sure there are more. So you"re saying Nates wasn't cheap because it was in the mid 2000's? interesting. In your opinion what year did cheap shots start? And you're calling me an idiot?

You are clearly an idiot for posting that video.  Today we fully know the damage those hits are doing to people.  Those hits were perfectly legal in the game when it happened with Nate.  Purposely ignoring that fact shows you are a freaking idiot, or you are not being genuine.  Either way I don't care.  The whole Patriots organization is full of scumbags and they have the worst, most arrogant fans in the NFL.  Go lick AB's ballsack ya donkey.

3 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You are clearly an idiot for posting that video.  Today we fully know the damage those hits are doing to people.  Those hits were perfectly legal in the game when it happened with Nate.  Purposely ignoring that fact shows you are a freaking idiot, or you are not being genuine.  Either way I don't care.  The whole Patriots organization is full of scumbags and they have the worst, most arrogant fans in the NFL.  Go lick AB's ballsack ya donkey.

You are wrong about the legality and also very immature

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

You are wrong about the legality and also very immature

Trolling with a video from the mid 2000's and still not acknowledging the things every single person knows now, that they didn't know when that hit was made is pretty mature.  Sorry but I'm not nice to donkey's.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

2 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

very immature

Says the guy that goes to a Bills board to defend the New England Patriots.  Your intention in visiting the site was pretentious and you weren't really looking for good football conversation either. 

Go back to your friends and share the news that Bills fans were mean and called you names.

Saying that Josh Allen is at fault for being the victim of an illegal hit because he was running is like saying a woman is at fault for being the victim of sexual assault because she was wearing a skirt.

Josh Allen was doing something completely normal and legal, and was hit in an illegal manner. The only person who needs to adjust his game is the defender who committed the illegal hit.

14 minutes ago, devldog131 said:

Saying that Josh Allen is at fault for being the victim of an illegal hit because he was running is like saying a woman is at fault for being the victim of sexual assault because she was wearing a skirt.

Josh Allen was doing something completely normal and legal, and was hit in an illegal manner. The only person who needs to adjust his game is the defender who committed the illegal hit.

Being hit while you are running is one thing. Being hit helmet to helmet when you have already been tackled down while the defender lowers his head into you is a whole other situation.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Still not enough recognition that Beasley didn’t throw a block on that scramble. 

97B9197D-B645-4014-B1E0-C4AD7145B853.jpeg

I just noticed this watching the replay. Beasley is just standing and watching. It was a big 3rd down and he could have taken 31 out of the play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyFire said:

How about a helmet to helmet on Brady by Buffalo in 2015 or a cheap shot clean his clock after a play in 2014 ? Would those meet your approval? People said if "we ever did this to Brady" 3 times right off the bat. I sure there are more. So you"re saying Nates wasn't cheap because it was in the mid 2000's? interesting. In your opinion what year did cheap shots start? 

The question isn’t cheap shots, the question is illegal helmet to helmet contact with immediate ejection.

I believe that rule changed in 2017, but certainly the hits were made illegal earlier.  2011 I believe but not checking now

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The question isn’t cheap shots, the question is illegal helmet to helmet contact with immediate ejection.

I believe that rule changed in 2017, but certainly the hits were made illegal earlier.  2011 I believe but not checking now

Thanks. That sounds about right.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, Barkley is going to get at least this next start. Hopefully that is all though. 

23 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Makes me miss Bob Woods.

Woods actually enjoys knocking the snot out of people when blocking. One of the things I really liked about that guy.