RD 2, Pick 38: OT Cody Ford, Oklahoma

SDS

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

:sick:

You can gain strength but can't teach physicality and nastiness.

Good thing we have a new 18 million dollar performance center

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love Oliver, he compares to a Jimmy Graham type TE.  I want him or Knox at some point in this draft.

I still want a WR though because Brown has trouble staying healthy and Zay is meh.  So I want one more guy in there and would someone like DK, Butler, Sills, etc

I want a WR as well. I don’t know if we will be able to get DK or Butler; however, we may be able to get someone like Mles Boykin in the 3rd

Awwww some upset armchair gm’s on this thread.. poor guys what happened? They didn’t pick someone you like ???

LoL go start some fire Beane threads, cause of course then you can interview and get the job y’all are so smart at this draft stuff you can already tell they screwed up so bad 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t understand the negativity around this pick. Draft all the weapons you want, if your QB is running for his life on every play, and the defense keeps stacking the box because you can’t protect, what good is DK Metcalf? What good is any skill player or QB? Not one team has ever won anything without a talented OLine. 

Grow up, watch the game with the rest of the men, and stop pouting. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Right,  caveman football. Great job Sean we can kick FG'S

You really need to calm down.

You do realize you can't get everything in one draft.

Plus, how is Allen going to throw to the skill player you want if he is on his back?

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

He is right,  garbage at wr and TE,  you keep drinking the Sean koolaid of ground and pound when guys cannot make plays down the field or get any separation.  This a stupid pick,  like the year we passed on Gronk.  Speed and size that we needed,  total wasted pick and we gave up another pick to do.  

Ground and pound???  John Brown, Foster, Beasley, Zay Jones on the upswing,  Granted its Canada but The top WR in the CFL and IIRC the others werent close.  

Edited by formerlyofCtown

What’s weird that, even without giving specific names, before yesterday an OT in the first and DT in the second seemed likely.

now we do it, but in reverse order and it seems to be a big issue with some.

as they say the draft isn’t just for this year...but the thing is through the draft so far we have drafted two starters for this year.

i am great with this.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

What good are wide receivers if your QB doesn’t have time to throw the ball? 

I love that they are building from the lines out. 

Plus, there was a run on offensive linemen. Bills traded up just in time. Their guy was likely gone with the next pick. There are still a bunch of WR’s on the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Beautiful,  weak and no athletic talent.  Another Billsy pick

6.08 grade from NFL.com - Should Become Instant Starter

Overview

Ford offers a rare combination of physical and athletic traits that will have NFL teams dreaming of his upside. He is raw and relatively inexperienced as a starting tackle with exploitable holes that will need to be patched before he can thrive in the pros. As a tackle, he's a developmental, high-risk/reward talent. The safer (and better?) route might be to play him as a guard where he will face less exposure in pass protection and where his size and athleticism should allow him to become a plus run-blocker fairly quickly.

*************************************************************************************************************************

This isn't Madden, you protect your franchise. I guess you liked Mills and garbage at G protecting Josh Allen.

I stand by my assertion that Ford is a day 1 starter at LG. If the RTs bomb out he can slide there.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Ground and pound???  John Brown, Foster, Beasley, Zay Jones on the upswing,  Granted its Canada but The top WR in the CFL and IIRC the others werent close.  

Conventional in that the good teams flying under the radar get boring big lugs? Sign me up for conventional. Conventionally good.

Color me surprised -- but not disappointed -- that they chose Ford over Risner. Risner seemed like the human version of "the process". Alas, they must really like what Ford has to offer.

I will never, ever complain about drafting big uglies. DT and OT in 1st two rounds? Sounds like winning football to me.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, MTLBills said:

Loving our oline. I’m sure they’ll find the right combination. 

My guess, to start

LT: Dawkins 

LG: Spain 

C : Morse 

RG: Long

RT: Ford 

Swing: Nsekhe

Backups: Feliciano, Waddle

100% agree. 

Great pick and solidifies our right side. He and Nsehke will battle to determine who plays guard and who plays tackle, but that leaves the primary battle for LG probably between Long, Spain, and Feliciano. We have a good line again people!

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 2