Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Comp picks only come in to play if you have a net loss in free agency, we are not going to have a net loss so I'm good with it. KB was absolutely terrible and deserves the shame of getting cut in the middle of the season.

Right....Considering we have $85M in cap space and few free agents, the coup formula won’t come into play.  With that not being and issue, it made sense to release him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

My understanding is that they only have one more roster spot available right now and probably need a center. So I'd imagine that (unless they cut other guys as well, which is possible), it's:

Zay Jones

Robert Foster

Isaiah McKenzie

Deonte Thompson

Ray Ray McCloud

You're right! I forgot about Deonte! So scratch the Cam Phillips call-up.

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

We'll see Benjamin on My 600 lb. life in a few years. I have no I'll will towards Holmes, but Benjamin can take a long walk off of a short pier.

I honestly don't care about his weight or lack of speed as a result.  The effort has been absolutely awful.  Bad route on the interception but look at him on Zay's 2nd TD catch...he's jogging and I don't even know if it was the correct route since he ended up righ tnext to Zay.

17 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Someone is likely going to quickly kick the tires on Benjamin given his past performance in Carolina

Not if they watch the tape.   He's not even a good red zone target any more.   

Someone will bring him into camp next year with a prove it deal, and he won't prove it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Benjamin ran the laziest routes Sunday. He had to go. 

He was reminding me of T.O.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Kelvin sucked balls

I was never ever sure why Holmes was on the team. Still unsure. 

Well then he should have used his mouth to catch, because his hands sure can't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

That's the problem with guaranteeing contracts. They need to rid this in the CBA and its only valid in case of injury. Why this fat-ass loser WR is able to pocket 2.1million to do nothing, while the rest of America works their ass off for less than 5% of that salary is what is wrong with sports.  I don't care if someone gets paid good money, but they have to earn it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's been doing it all season.  What made Miami different?

Probably the fact that they are almost assuredly out of the playoffs now? The best they can do is 8-8, and that's just not going to get them in the playoffs. The focus now is SOLELY on developing the young players.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well OK then but who are we putting on the field?

Honestly, anyone is better than Kelvin Benjamin. And I think it sends a big message to the rest of the team - although I can't think of anyone else who was disinterested in playing, they may not be very good, but no one else is as talented as he is, nor as lackadaisical. IOW, even the scrubs are giving a better effort. Heck. I could have given a better effort than KB. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yowza. Christmas came early. KB just seems to be in his own head too much at this point. He's fighting himself before he even gets on the field. I hope for his sake he can turn it around somewhere else but clearly the guy is just not playing up to his potential.

Holmes is JAG but I figured they really valued him on special teams. Maybe they reviewed the tape from Sunday and found that the debacle on special teams was partially on Holmes, but who knows.

So who's that leave at receiver now? Zay, Foster, McKenzie, McCloud... oh, Thompson now as well, I'd imagine he gets a lot more snaps now with KB gone and that's good because Thompson somehow has always found a way to make a play when needed... and looking at the roster, that's it for the WR group, only five right now. Wouldn't surprise me if they weren't done with transactions just yet, maybe they bring in another receiver. But, teams also roll with five wideouts sometimes so I could see them standing pat for the last month of this season. 

Glad they decided to cut ties now. Can't have your young guys adopting poor work habits of other players who checked out weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with you, my question is just, they put up with his lazy lardass routes and no-effort blocking all season, what made the Miami game different?

Good question, maybe waiting for Thompson to get back into the swing of things? New plays since he was here last? That’s my best guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with you, my question is just, they put up with his lazy lardass routes and no-effort blocking all season, what made the Miami game different?

Out of the playoffs and bad attitude finally wore off on the coaching staff?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Could be a circumstance of literally having no other warm bodies to throw out there for much of this season--the recent emergence and get of Foster, McKenzie have helped this along? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe the straw that broke the camels back.  Maybe something more definitive was said - or late to a meeting or something.  

Either way, its refreshing that they were content to just move on.