MNF Game day thread - Pats vs Bills

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Always easier to blame the coordinator. 

The problem is the players. Daboll isn't perfect but I think he has called a reasonably decent game. A bit conservative but hell his QB doesn't know the playbook. 

His game plan has been awful in my opinion.

It took him 1 half to realize he couldn’t run east/west against a Bill Belichick defence and it also took him 3 quarters to realize Ivory was more effective at running the ball than McCoy tonight 

Edited by billsfan11

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The problem is the players. Daboll isn't perfect but I think he has called a reasonably decent game. A bit conservative but hell his QB doesn't know the playbook. 

How is it at every stop it's the players? At some point you have to fit your offense to your team. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

I genuinely cannot remember a single great catch we have had this year. Other offenses do it multiple times a game. With our guys it is either they are open or it hits them in the hands. We don't have anyone that can catch a contested ball. It's the most frustrating aspect of the entire offense.

We get excited when our guys overcome their ineptness to make routine catches.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

McDermott is Dick Jauron 2.0. 

He plays not to lose, and it never works.

There's never much attempt to actually outscore an opponent. We just hope the bounces go our way and we win close games. 

I posted about this earlier. It is absolutely true. You can’t be a good coach today and be successful. Look at Bellichick, Sean McVay, Doug Peterson, Frank Reich, Hell, even Vrabel in Tennessee. You are not a good coach today by being super conservative. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I like his passing concepts. We look like a real honest to god modern NFL offense, at least in design. But the execution is taking us back to the 60s.