San Diego Radio Show Host Comments

RPbillsfan

Listening to AM 1090 in San Diego on the way to work and commentator stated how he's looking forward to seeing if the Patriots could put up 70 points on the Bills tonight.

I'm so pissed ? that we get abused by even remote locations by radio hosts who don't even have a local team.

C'mon Bills, put on a great performance tonight and shock the world.

13 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Listening to AM 1090 in San Diego on the way to work and commentator stated how he's looking forward to seeing if the Patriots could put up 70 points on the Bills tonight.

I'm so pissed ? that we get abused by even remote locations by radio hosts who don't even have a local team.

We'd all love to see the bills complete a forward pass or maybe as an aspirational goal achieve a first down sometime before the 3rd quarter, but i think at this point we all know better.  Tonight is what happens when you pit an underskilled and undercoached team against a professional franchise with a focus on winning.  I cant wait to watch that halfwit clapping on the sidelines with the bills down 31 points in the 2nd quarter when we go 3 and out for the 5th consecutive drive

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills rightfully should be the laughing stock for this game.

Pats historically with Brady crush the Bills, and the Bills just came off a blowout loss to a previously 1 win team.

Can you really blame the outside media thinking this game is going to be a massive blow out?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

You coming to PB Local tonight.

I can't not watch this game, but i can't watch it alone.

Edited by uticaclub

32 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I hate to be a d**k...

...but...at least we HAVE a team.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think this will be anything like the 56-10 debacle that happened in '07. Against Indy, they were trying a number of different things on defense, I'm not sure exactly what their end goal was, maybe to see how certain players played in certain spots with certain calls, I dunno. But, this defense usually bounces back after a rough outing. Every time they "get back to basics" or do whatever they gotta do, the defense usually shows up. The problem though, is that the offense is gonna be poop on a stick and the defense will be out there most of the night. Hopefully not, though.

New England's defense isn't the best right now and I think a rascally old vet like Anderson can lead a few scoring drives. Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

What they can't do is have another major blowout. Those are demoralizing to a team and like McDermott said last week, he wants the team to feel the losses, not just get used to them and subsequently tune out for the remainder of the season. Another blowout and guys are gonna start to do just that, they'll tune out, start playing safe in order to stay healthy, especially guys in contract years. I don't care if they lose, just show me some competitiveness, score some friggin' points, get some turnovers, etc. They need to have some splash plays just to get their confidence up and who better to get a pick or a turnover from than ol' Timmy. 

Again, I don't care if they lose, this season isn't really about the wins. Just don't lose so terribly. 

Ya know, I bet they give us one of those "gotcha"  games where they actually play a really tight game all around, they mostly shut down Brady, get a few turnovers, convert them to points, head into the 4th quarter with a 17-6 lead and then watch it dwindle away as the Pats score early in the 4th to make it 17-13 and then they score again in the final minute to put the game away 20-17, lol.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Relax and don't take it so personal.

The players don't even take a loss as hard as some of our fans.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JMF2006 said:

Relax and don't take it so personal.

The players don't even take a loss as hard as some of our fans.

At this point we just have to have fun with it, when the players don’t care, there’s no reason for you to. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I think you may have identified the issue

I don't think this is Bills specific. 

Even the players we'd consider "heart and soul" guys don't necessarily take it as hard as fans. They're pissed they lost, but they generally move on with their business.

The average die hard fan definitely takes a loss more personally than the average player.

25 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

The Bills rightfully should be the laughing stock for this game.

Pats historically with Brady crush the Bills, and the Bills just came off a blowout loss to a previously 1 win team.

Can you really blame the outside media thinking this game is going to be a massive blow out?

exactly, we're fans and we think we'll get crushed

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

I know both of the guys on the show personally, and neither knows anything about the Bills in any way shape or form, and with the Chargers leaving San Diego they have been spending a lot less attention on following football.  So they will have no idea that our defense is actually pretty good, and while we can't expect much out of our offense, we are not a horrible laughing stock team.  We are QB weak and not hitting on all cylinders, but our defense is good, our offense will be forced to run the ball and eat the clock some, and the game should be closer than people think.

Thanks!

did you go to local games while they were in town?

depends on which bills D shows up. you never can tell with this team.

the most embarrassing thing is that we will lose to a team with a mediocre defense and a middle aged QB.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The only two teams worse than the Bills are actually TRYING to lose games.

Our favorite team is a laughing stock, nationwide.

But who cares???  It's just football.

GUGNY!!!  New avatar or die!  You're scaring people with that mug!  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
?

I1h.gif

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know this is going to sound ridiculous and please forgive me in advance.

...but other than Allen playing well when he gets back this year upsetting the Patriots tonight on national television would make my season...sorry, it just would.

Not ridiculous at all and nothing to apologize for.  I completely agree.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

I think you may have identified the issue

No, not the issue. They care, but they are half a football team. Regardless of their defensive capabilities, they’re not miracle workers. 3 and outs on offense = extra possessions for NE. That’s a recipe for disaster, even for good teams in the league. This offense has no talent. That’s the problem. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The only two teams worse than the Bills are actually TRYING to lose games.

Our favorite team is a laughing stock, nationwide.

But who cares???  It's just football.

If the Bills pick up Chad Kelly, then we WILL be the nationwide laughing stock!

We need to slow the game down as best as possible, hopefully can get some sort of run game going.  If we have to rely on Anderson’s arm alone, it will get bad....fast.  Our defense is good, but won’t be able to stop them if the offense commits three and outs.

Three and outs will put or defense in a horrible situation and the patsies will run the score up.  I don’t think they will take their foot off the gas until the game ends, regardless of score.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Maybe you should be pissed at the organization that has orchestrated the Bills ineptitude that has led to "radio hosts who don't even have a local team" to abuse the team.

Here you go...

Image result for kleenex

2 hours ago, blacklabel said:

I don't think this will be anything like the 56-10 debacle that happened in '07. Against Indy, they were trying a number of different things on defense, I'm not sure exactly what their end goal was, maybe to see how certain players played in certain spots with certain calls, I dunno. But, this defense usually bounces back after a rough outing. Every time they "get back to basics" or do whatever they gotta do, the defense usually shows up. The problem though, is that the offense is gonna be poop on a stick and the defense will be out there most of the night. Hopefully not, though.

New England's defense isn't the best right now and I think a rascally old vet like Anderson can lead a few scoring drives. Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

What they can't do is have another major blowout. Those are demoralizing to a team and like McDermott said last week, he wants the team to feel the losses, not just get used to them and subsequently tune out for the remainder of the season. Another blowout and guys are gonna start to do just that, they'll tune out, start playing safe in order to stay healthy, especially guys in contract years. I don't care if they lose, just show me some competitiveness, score some friggin' points, get some turnovers, etc. They need to have some splash plays just to get their confidence up and who better to get a pick or a turnover from than ol' Timmy. 

Again, I don't care if they lose, this season isn't really about the wins. Just don't lose so terribly. 

Ya know, I bet they give us one of those "gotcha"  games where they actually play a really tight game all around, they mostly shut down Brady, get a few turnovers, convert them to points, head into the 4th quarter with a 17-6 lead and then watch it dwindle away as the Pats score early in the 4th to make it 17-13 and then they score again in the final minute to put the game away 20-17, lol.

^^^^^^This. Feel the same way, I think to keep control of the locker room and everyone's heart still in it, tonight's game will have to be a lot closer than people are thinking it will be, and the O has to find a way to make something, anything, happen through at least 2-3 quarters of competitive ball. Wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bills deliver a statement game tonight, in a good way. Here's hoping anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

Besides what may be the nicest weather over a 365 day stretch on the planet, girls in bikinis and virtually every type of food available 24x7, what does this guy have going for him?