Bronco's cut Chad Kelly

10 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Hasn’t had a chance in regular season action and looked sharp in preseason. I would bring him in. There is absolutely zero chance he is worse than Peterman and he probably isn’t any worse than Anderson either. 

Theres a certain irony in this post. You know, preseason, and peterman and all 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

Theres a certain irony in this post. You know, preseason, and peterman and all 

Sure is, but Peterman was given a chance last season in regular season play and crashed and burned. Given a few more chances of regular season play and crashed and burned. Chad Kelly has not been given a chance in the regular season yet. Not saying he will succeed. But he certainly has a better chance than Peterman. 

6 minutes ago, ocemur said:

I'm looking forward to the Chad Kelly v. Johnny Manziel shoot out in the 2021 Grey Cup. 

I have a strong feeling Manziel will be cut by the Alouettes at the end of the season. He hasn't won a single game and his performance overall has been less than impressive. In addition he sustained a pretty significant concussion. It will take a miraculous comeback to save his career. 

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, for sure. 

Heres what Elway said after drafting Chad -

I’d be pretty pissed off right now if I were Jim Kelly... 

Chad appears to have a lot of growing up to do still.

Sad part is that one day he will most likely look back and realize what he squandered. 

He is a good QB, has the talent and was probably afforded more opportunity than most because of his last name, yet he pissed it all away (so far, anyway...). 

I hope this kid wakes up before this all passes him by, if it hasn’t already. 

He's a fringe talent who probably could have hung around for a few years, bounced from team to team, and collected enough $ to live the rest of his life on, easily...while essentially never doing anything at the position.

He just pissed that away. 

What an ass.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Given the guy's off field history,  what make anyone think that another NFL team will waste time on him?  After a certain point,  its not worth it

If he comes to the Bills, his uncle Jimbo will keep him in line.   Sign him, dump Nate.

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

People around here acting like Chad Kelly is actually an impressive Quarterback. He wishes he had half the talent Ryan Mallet did. Change his last name to Wizkowski and no one gives a *****.

He can fog a mirror.  If it will get Peterman off our roster, sign him now!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dezertbill said:

I sign him to the PS, and here is why.

No team will be willing to touch him until some time passes and wounds can heal.

From what I'm reading, this wasn't just about the arrest.  Reports state he got into an altercation with a guest at the party, got into an altercation with security at the party, and had to get kicked out.  The team's leadership group was upset that Kelly ruined a Halloween event that is held yearly and is made to strengthen comradery.  That rubbed many of the players the wrong way, and it came across that allowing him back in the locker room would be a strain to the team.  Like that one friend you stop hanging out with cuz he can't hold his liquor and acts like an idiot. 

So here is a 24 year old kid 1500 miles away from home gets drunk and makes a huge mistake that cost him his job.  Got it.

But there is a difference between being a dumb college kid and a dumb young adult.  

In my mind, there is only one team that makes sense for him to play for.  That's Buffalo.

If they do sign him to the PS, he will be back in his hometown.  He will have a solid support system, including his uncle and many of his brothers who can be there and help keep him straight.  You have a serious heart to heart with him and his family explaining what needs to be done and what is expected, and allow that family support system to see if he can make a difference. He will be made fully aware that this may be his last shot.  Have his Uncle in the room.  HIs father, mother.  Team leadership group. 

He hadn't been read his final rites as a pro QB yet until today.  From this point forward he only has one shot left.

Why?  

Yes, it's because of the T word.  Talent.  He was touted as an early round prospect.  He showed this past pre season that he has talent, more than probably what's on the roster outside of Josh Allen.  Many slated him as the potential starter if they hadn't poured all that money into Keenum.  You put the guy on the PS, a structured program, and surround him with his family and our leadership group who are there for him.   Submerge him in our culture and way of doing things.

Whether that's good enough, only he will decide.  But for me, it's worth the risk..  

Are you forgetting about the times he's been in Buffalo and / or around family where he's majorly Fd up, or you just think this time will be different? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

Are you forgetting about the times he's been in Buffalo and / or around family where he's majorly Fd up, or you just think this time will be different? 

Oh, c'mon. Who hasn't gotten into a fight in football game where you don't play for either team? 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ocemur said:

Oh, c'mon. Who hasn't gotten into a fight in football game where you don't play for either team? 

I get your point but you’ve seen the crowds at Bills game right?  I’d bet half of this board has been in a fight of a game they weren’t apart of. :)

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

People around here acting like Chad Kelly is actually an impressive Quarterback. He wishes he had half the talent Ryan Mallet did. Change his last name to Wizkowski and no one gives a *****.

As a proud descendent of the distinguished Wizkowski lineage, I resent that remark.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

If he comes to the Bills, his uncle Jimbo will keep him in line.   Sign him, dump Nate.

He can fog a mirror.  If it will get Peterman off our roster, sign him now!!! 

No. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean....not even as a practice squad player?

I would def sign him to the practice squad

No chance - this guy obviously has issues one of which is substance abuse. Don't want him around any Bills, including the practice squad. But wouldn't be surprised if Jimbo had already made some calls to management about his nephew.

Just now, Looper said:

No chance - this guy obviously has issues one of which is substance abuse. Don't want him around any Bills, including the practice squad. But wouldn't be surprised if Jimbo had already made some calls to management about his nephew.

The thing that sucks is he is obviously a NFL talent level player........

If he is truly living with his uncle....then what better place to monitor him but by family in Buffalo

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get your point but you’ve seen the crowds at Bills game right?  I’d bet half of this board has been in a fight of a game they weren’t apart of. :)

Don't forget about all the times you threatened to bring your assault rifle to get revenge against a nightclub after being kicked out.

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If he is truly living with his uncle....then what better place to monitor him but by family in Buffalo

Why do you think he would be a saint living with Jim if he was signed in Buffalo? He got into plenty of trouble when he was here, both as a player and even later.  Nothing about his character suggests he's going to just move-in with big Uncle Jim and fairy tale style live this proper life where he learns which side of the plate the salad fork goes.

Chad Kelly has made the kind of mistake that screams abuse issues.  He needs to go to counseling and likely some form of rehab before I'd even consider wasting any minute of my life signing this guy.  McDermott also seems to avoid players like this, so I'll be absolutely shocked if he signs here.

Just now, fridge said:

Why do you think he would be a saint living with Jim if he was signed in Buffalo? He got into plenty of trouble when he was here, both as a player and even later.  Nothing about his character suggests he's going to just move-in with big Uncle Jim and fairy tale style live this proper life where he learns which side of the plate the salad fork goes.

Chad Kelly has made the kind of mistake that screams abuse issues.  He needs to go to counseling and likely some form of rehab before I'd even consider wasting any minute of my life signing this guy.  McDermott also seems to avoid players like this, so I'll be absolutely shocked if he signs here.

Im reaching here for any strand I can find honestly.....:(

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

John, the guy's 24 years old. What's Jim gonna do, watch him 24x7 ? From the looks of it, Jim is never home either. Chad needs to get treated for his issues and at this point probably thinks there's nothing wrong with him. I want him nowhere near Josh Allen even if it appears Josh is a really good kid.

Jim could do him the best favor by getting into rehab. Let him sit out for a year, clean up, and then beg for tryouts. Good news is he's got ability and my sign on somewhere next year.

Edited by Looper

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean....not even as a practice squad player?

I would def sign him to the practice squad

As you know, I’m not high on Allen.  But Kelly would have an awful impact on him.  

But then I see we have Nate Peterman and Derek Anderson and I start thinking about it. ?

These "Jimbo would turn Chad around and set him straight in Buffalo" are simply......off the wall!!

Why on earth would anyone believe this?  Like Jim has any interest in babysitting this GROWN MAN when Chad HAS a father, who is still alive, in Western NY?

This kid needs to get out of pro sports, go home to his mom and dad and get a regular jib where he has to show up to do real work every day.  He can't handle being a big time athlete--he never could.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, prissythecat said:

Given the guy's off field history,  what make anyone think that another NFL team will waste time on him?  After a certain point,  its not worth it

I understand he has had small problems that under a microscope and strung together teams will not even look his way. But it really is just young kid *****. Stupid mistakes that I think being back home and around his family they could be kept under wraps. I believe Chad Kelly has wanted nothing more his entire life then to be a Buffalo Bill. He grew up watching how Bills fans and the city of Buffalo loved and embraced his uncle. I’m sure he grew up wanting the exact same thing. He has publicly spoken he wants to be the QB to take the Bills to the playoffs. I mean he was a 1st round talent I feel like if he keeps at it someone will give him a shot 

Edited by Rebel101
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I understand he has had small problems that under a microscope and strung together teams will not even look his way. But it really is just young kid *****. Stupid mistakes that I think being back home and around his family they could be kept under wraps. I believe Chad Kelly has wanted nothing more his entire life then to be a Buffalo Bill. He grew up watching how Bills fans and the city of Buffalo loved and embraced his uncle. I’m sure he grew up wanting the exact same thing. He has publicly spoken he wants to be the QB to take the Bills to the playoffs. I mean he was a 1st round talent I feel like if he keeps at it someone will give him a shot 

Small problems?   This guy was kicked off all his football teams from high school through the NFL.    That tells me that there are some fairly big problems.     How would being at home help things considering the problems were already apparent when he was in high school?

Also, Kelly was the last pick in the 7th round.   No one considered him a 1st round talent .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/24/2018 at 7:46 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Anyone here think JK was never so wasted he would have wandered into someone's home and got arrested.............I mean if he didn't have a posse of bros to either stop him or stop the homeowner from making the call?

While I know Uncle Jim (along with the rest of those Bills) did more than his fair share of partying at that age, I'd like to at least think they were able to hold their liquor better than that. But yeah, they grew up before everybody had a video camera in their pocket that can send it worldwide instantly. 

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

While I know Uncle Jim (along with the rest of those Bills) did more than his fair share of partying at that age, I'd like to at least think they were able to hold their liquor better than that. But yeah, they grew up before everybody had a video camera in their pocket that can send it worldwide instantly. 

Yeah the whole personal conduct thing changed FAST.    But JK and bros were pretty ill-behaved even by the standards of the time when people expected bad behavior from entitled athletes.  I've heard of an instance where a drunk JK struck a woman in a bar.......that would have been pretty much death penalty in todays game.    Back then it was hard to even get a popular player arrested.   

But as stupid as it was for someone with his background, IMO CK would not have been released for this kind of thing 5-7 years ago.    He might not have even been arrested.   Cops might have smoothed it over.   Law enforcement can't afford to intervene in such things anymore.