patriots demise is greatly Exaggerated

17 Josh Allen

I can see the argument that they will be getting a few WR's on the field with Gordon and Edelman so they should get better. But what about their d? 

30th in the league in total yards giving up. 

31st in the league in rushing yards giving up. 

25th in the league in net passing yards

21st in the league in points per game 

Their next 4 game stretch they have the Fins, Colts, Chiefs, and Bears. 9-3 overall record. This slow start could turn out to be an epic slow start. 

I don't think it's the end of NE this year but I think what you do see is system fatigue.  Regardless of outcome, I think the 2018-2019 is the last year of the Brady era.  He looks bored, Gronk both slow and bored.  Team lacks focus.  

I don't think Josh Gordon is going to amount to anything spectacular in NE.    He's JAG until proven otherwise.   

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They dont need to stop the run, they just come back and score if their opponent scores

If a team can run like that and keep that fat, slow defense on the field and tired...  it can be a formula to beat them.  

Not sure if this is the year that is the end.  However, I could see the team imploding if things go south a bit more.  They absolutely NEED Gronk AND Edelman on offense.  

Could they give Brady a worse receiving core?

Hogan - Solid role player

Dorsett - Failed 1st rounder

Patterson - Failed first rounder

Gronk - Great player, injury risk

Don't get me wrong, I hope they implode. But if your plan was to trade Jimmy G and win one or two more with Brady, assembling that team around him is a joke. They couldnt convince Allen Robinson to come play with Brady? or keep Brandon Cooks?

If I was Brady, I'd be pissed

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I could think of one......

Oh yeah, ours sucks too.

But Josh Allen isnt Brady preparing to ride off into the sunset. I just think its a disservice to a great player.

Who are they playing that they cant afford Cooks or Robinson? 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh yeah, ours sucks too.

But Josh Allen isnt Brady preparing to ride off into the sunset. I just think its a disservice to a great player.

Who are they playing that they cant afford Cooks or Robinson? 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-england-patriots/

by next week they'll have arguably the best slot weapon in the nfl on the field, arguably the best TE and a very solid outside guy in Hogan. I would give my left nut for allen to have a cast like that going forward. he's won superbowls with less than that.

I think you(and skip Bayless) are slightly exaggerating how bad his weapons are.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Unless the folks posting here are secretly members of the Bills 53-man roster or coaching staff, we can “look past GB” all we want and it won’t make a damn bit of difference.

Fine, don't care.  No one will hit your fingers with a ruler for doing so.  Just that don't count your chickens before they're hatched is applicable.  

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

by next week they'll have arguably the best slot weapon in the nfl on the field, arguably the best TE and a very solid outside guy in Hogan. I would give my left nut for allen to have a cast like that going forward. he's won superbowls with less than that.

I think you(and skip Bayless) are slightly exaggerating how bad his weapons are.

My point is they could have given him somebody worth a damn

Two teams gave up on Patterson and the Colts gave up on Dorsett.

Edelman is 32 and coming off a torn ACL. Hogan is fine, but his career high in catches is 41 with the Bills in 2014. He had 34 catches last year in an offense that throws the ball almost 57% of the time. Hes a JAG in every since of the word.

Personally, If I was Brady, I'd be a little annoyed that this combination was the best Belicheck could do for him

His Super Bowl win season targets

2002 - Troy Brown (97 catches) David Patten, and Deon Branch

2004 - Branch, Givens, Patten and Corey Dillion

2005- Same

2015 - Amendola, Edelman, Lafell, Dobson and Gronk

2016 - Hogan, Amendola, Floyd, Gronk, and Bennett

Any of those combinations is better than what they have right now. We can disagree on the talent he has on the roster, I still think its a bad cast for a HOF player. Its why they are signing guys like Corey Coleman and trading for Josh Gordon. They see it too, the receivers suck and they are desperate to hit on someone

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not yet. They have had this game every year the last 5 years and we say the same thing. 

They had this game vs. good teams not the Detroit Lions. They have a lack of talent problem, an aging problem and they seem disgruntled. Gronk admitting he threaten to retire because of the trade, Brady’s post game. Things are falling apart for them. Troy Brown says the ship is no longer just taking on water it is now cap sizing. 

Anyone see Tom Terrific launch the ball down the field because he was so pissed that Patterson cut his route short? 

Edelman returning will help them out but they are thin and all of their remaining key players are old. Sony is a joke, he isn’t special. If you take a first round RB he better be special. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

dunno they are vulnerable

Exactly. Done? Doormats? Hell no. Beatable? Hell yes

For years I've wanted the Bills to beat a PRIME Brady and Bellichick. Not wishing they simply retired as too many Bills fans do. What kind of lack of competitive spirit is that?

Well, Brady is as sharp as ever, and BB as good. Yet their team is weaker and beating them on MNF and at home would be SSSSWWWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

That was my take from the game.  Speed of players wasnt even close on both sides of the ball, but Lions O vs Pats D was a mismatch.  

The rookie for Detroit has some serious explosion. He was fun to watch. Maybe that was because their LBs are so bad but he looked really good.

Gordon necessitates the opposing defense pulling a safety out of the box. He alone relieves some pressure on Gronk and opens up the running game. Edelman should create more space, too.

You can say what you want about him but just the prescense of Gordon on the field opens up things for Gronk.

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Could they give Brady a worse receiving core?

Hogan - Solid role player

Dorsett - Failed 1st rounder

Patterson - Failed first rounder

Gronk - Great player, injury risk

Don't get me wrong, I hope they implode. But if your plan was to trade Jimmy G and win one or two more with Brady, assembling that team around him is a joke. They couldnt convince Allen Robinson to come play with Brady? or keep Brandon Cooks?

If I was Brady, I'd be pissed

Yeah Brady could have our receiving core.

Pats were 2-2 last year and then Brady put up 500 yards in the Super Bowl.  Way too early to condemn the Pats.  They got Gordon coming in, they have Edelman coming back, and they got Sony Michel just starting to get some reps who I think could wind up being a very dangerous weapon as the season goes on with young legs.  Sony is still getting into game condition and learning to play in the NFL thanks to the small knee procedure that took his preseason.  

So while I LOVED watching the Lions beat them, I am not ready to say they are done or not making the playoffs.  I need to see what this team can do when its back at full strength first before I rejoice in their demise.  In the meantime, I am just enjoying our big win and their big loss.  

16 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

In the next few weeks they will get  Julian Edelman back and Josh gordon in the line up. I’m loving this Lions beat down but i’m Cautious

Gronkowski should have retired when the timing was right....he's no longer a massive weapon,his body is beat up and tired.