patriots demise is greatly Exaggerated

17 Josh Allen

Just now, joesixpack said:

Mighty quiet today, ODB ;)

I was thrilled with the results. I'm not trying to be biased, the game plans and Josh impressed me. Jerry played great, as did Tre. I'm just on vacation so I think I was still drunk from Saturday when I woke up at 9 and started drinking to watch the game on the west coast.

So I watched the game, but I don't put stock into anything I think I saw because I was gone lol.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mead107 said:

They are done. 

This. They just got beatdowns two weeks in a row, and the Lions are a VERY average team. Brady is underthrowing INTs, Hightower has completely mailed it in, and Gronkowski is one more hit away from selling newspapers at stoplights. They shouldn't scare anyone this season.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, they do this every year it seems. Takes Belichick a while to get his new players down with the system and then they hit the gas in the second quarter of the year.

When you look at how the Bills played in weeks 1 and 2 Vs this week, maybe the Bills have actually done a Pats? 

7 hours ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

I can see the argument that they will be getting a few WR's on the field with Gordon and Edelman so they should get better. But what about their d? 

30th in the league in total yards giving up. 

31st in the league in rushing yards giving up. 

25th in the league in net passing yards

21st in the league in points per game 

Their next 4 game stretch they have the Fins, Colts, Chiefs, and Bears. 9-3 overall record. This slow start could turn out to be an epic slow start. 

This is what I noticed too.  It had nothing to do with Brady or the weapons he had available.  The Defense simply couldn't get off the field.   Detroit possessed the ball for nearly 40 minutes of that game.  That's a big problem.

I get a little giddy every time the Patsies lose, but not writing them off just yet, they always seem sketchy in Sept, get squared away again in Oct., then roll in Nov and Dec.

I'll start getting excited when they're 2-8...  not holding my breath.

17 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

In the next few weeks they will get  Julian Edelman back and Josh gordon in the line up. I’m loving this Lions beat down but i’m Cautious

Same broken record of the last few seasons.  The Pats start cold and supposedly they have “lost it.”  Then they find life, bury the Bills and run all over the AFCE.  It has been a pattern and I will not count them down and out until the record shows they are.  I’ve bought into the story before and just will not do it again.  Maybe Brady has hit the age wall but it seems to simply be too sudden that he has become this bad.  Let’s hope so but don’t count the chickens just yet.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Same broken record of the last few seasons.  The Pats start cold and supposedly they have “lost it.”  Then they find life, bury the Bills and run all over the AFCE.  It has been a pattern and I will not count them down and out until the record shows they are.  I’ve bought into the story before and just will not do it again.  Maybe Brady has hit the age wall but it seems to simply be too sudden that he has become this bad.  Let’s hope so but don’t count the chickens just yet.

I think it's different this season tbh and it has as much to do with the other teams in the division as it does the Pats. Notwithstanding I think they're still pissed that Belichick torpedoed their SB w/ the Butler fiasco, the Bills and Jets both have new QBs that don't have the Patriots dominance stigma to overcome and Miami always gives them a struggle. You add in that they simply do not have anyone on the defensive side of the ball that's a difference maker...I'm pretty confident that they take a step back this year.

Thought they were dominated on both sides of the ball last night by what is (at best) an average team...

Yes.. we have seen this before but one year they are going to fall off a cliff, so why not this year?

Nothing lasts for ever..

Still expect them to beat Miami at home next week though who have had a soft start to the year..

The pats have some huge holes- too many to list. The team top to bottom has a lack of talent. Brady isnt getting any younger- im interested to see how he holds up as the season goes on, especially if they continue to play like crap.

We have all seen this before, start slow then turn it around. This feels way different- the have played poorly on both sides of the ball. This team is hedging their bets on Bong Rip Gordon and Edelman who is coming off injury plus PED suspension.

If I had to bet money right now that the Pats dont make the playoffs I would! Lets hope we are seeing the downward spiral all of us have been waiting for #fthepats #Bradyblows

I know they often have slow starts only to fix things and win 8 or 9 in a row.

It doesn't feel like that this year, however.

Too many cracks in the dam and as Chris Collinsworth said last night, there aren't a whole lot of players on the field wearing Patriots uniforms this year who have spent much time in the organization.

They look like just another team, and not the Patriots.

Edited by Fadingpain

18 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I get the old rivalry.  I'm just happy that the Pats are playing poorly at this point.  How about a tie instead?  

I'd root for a meteor to level the stadium, but I live about five miles north of it in Hollywood, FL ... A meteor might take me out too