So how is josh Rosen doing.

mead107

4 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

The only thing I want more than Josh Allen to become an elite QB, is for Josh Rosen to ALSO become one. That way, if Darnold busts, the Jets get to live with the knowledge of not only drafting a bust QB, but passing on two franchise ones.

I'd actually be interested in Darnold becoming elite too. It would be a fun rivalry with the Jets, and both teams would be able to destroy the pats for the next decade or more.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Still wanted Rosen on the Bills. And To Date nothing has changed. I still think Rosen is a better QB. 

Now that said. Go Allen Change my mind. 

If anyone changes their mind, it's only fair to remind everyone you didn't like the pick at first. No taking credit after the fact. And no take-backs.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'd actually be interested in Darnold becoming elite too. It would be a fun rivalry with the Jets, and both teams would be able to destroy the pats for the next decade or more.

I don’t know if I’d be thrilled about elite, but I’d be ok with it if they drafted Ken O’Brien part 2 while we ended up with another HOF QB.  

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Still wanted Rosen on the Bills. And To Date nothing has changed. I still think Rosen is a better QB. 

Bobby, why don’t you just become a Cardinals fanboy and spread your grumpy-ness there. You’re boring and tiring. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, mead107 said:

Lot of you did not like our pick at QB. 

Lot of you wanted Rosen.  

Have you changed your mind?

Why would anybody change their minds after 3 or 4 practices in shorts?

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

At the time of the draft I was a bit let down with the Allen pick. I’ll admit i preferred Rosen. But with that being said I literally havnt thought about nor do I care how he is doing since then. 

Agree 100%, I was disappointed they passed on Rosen for Allen but just wanted 1 of 4. There is nothing we can but pull for the kid. He’s done everything right and sulking isn’t gonna do anything 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

There are 3 qbs with the Bills. We can't even get threads on two of them and someone starts a thread on Rosen???

Look out that 50+ page thread on Peterman doesn't tip over on you and crush you under its weight.  ?

5 minutes ago, The Process said:

Moot point unless it's Bills vs Cards in the SB.

Points for 'moot', and not 'mute', as so often seen.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Look out that 50+ page thread on Peterman doesn't tip over on you and crush you under its weight.  ?

Thanks man....for this question / debate thread MUTE may be applicable too.?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If anyone changes their mind, it's only fair to remind everyone you didn't like the pick at first. No taking credit after the fact. And no take-backs.

You are correct. I liked Rosen more. However in my defense before the start of last college season I was saying Allen was the top QB in the class. 

Easily searchable in the college forum. 

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Bobby, why don’t you just become a Cardinals fanboy and spread your grumpy-ness there. You’re boring and tiring. 

Oooo ooo someone is sensitive 

A summary of my comments in other threads:

Rosen is a talented QB who may well outshine Allen coming out the gate.  However he is not a franchise QB.  I predict he will be highly successful on the field but routinely crap on his teammates, coaches, and management.  He will change teams often and end up leaving the NFL to do color commentary for ESPN and/or run for political office, probably in California.  I give him 5 years in the NFL.  He'll leave on his own terms, and forever say "I could have been the GOAT, if NFL football were not beneath my dignity."

12 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Who knows who'll be the better QB.

Rosen was said to be the most pro ready of the bunch.

McBeane went with the high ceiling, cannon arm humble country boy so that's who I'm hitching my wagon to. 

But if they choose to go with the arrogant, concussion prone California boy I guess I'd root for him too.

FYI, Josh Allen is also from California. And came from money. And has had concussions.

Just sayin'

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

The only thing I want more than Josh Allen to become an elite QB, is for Josh Rosen to ALSO become one. That way, if Darnold busts, the Jets get to live with the knowledge of not only drafting a bust QB, but passing on two franchise ones.

Can we add Lamar to that list?

12 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

McBeane went with the high ceiling, cannon arm humble country boy so that's who I'm hitching my wagon to. 

But if they choose to go with the arrogant, concussion prone California boy I guess I'd root for him too.

This is why early results aren't a good thing to go off of, especially in this case.

Allen was regarded as not NFL ready, and needing a lot of work, but a high ceiling.

Rosen being regarded as most NFL ready would mean that he most likely will have the most early success, so obviously if he looks better early, it's just an indication that he was NFL ready earlier than the others.

Can't infer long term from that.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I disagreed with that little piece of brilliance, until he tried to haggle on his ROOKIE CONTRACT...

Seemed to work okay for bosa (although he did miss the first 4 games with a hamstring injury after holding out) he seems to be just fine.

Holding out had nothing to do with how good the player will be.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Seemed to work okay for bosa (although he did miss the first 4 games with a hamstring injury after holding out) he seems to be just fine.

Holding out had nothing to do with how good the player will be.

It is just a character thing, Rosen and Allen were ok with the wording of their contract, Allen is even repped by the same agency. It could be nothing, but to miss crucial days of training camp when you have so much to lose over a stupid clause (not even $$$ I might add) could be an indicator of things to come...

3 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

It is just a character thing, Rosen and Allen were ok with the wording of their contract, Allen is even repped by the same agency. It could be nothing, but to miss crucial days of training camp when you have so much to lose over a stupid clause (not even $$$ I might add) could be an indicator of things to come...

You were talking about darnold being the "hardest to predict" in terms of boom vs bust, and said you disagreed with that until he held out over offset in his contract, implying that he'll be a bust for doing so.

Not sure why that makes him a surefire bust.

15 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I am in the same mindset. I thought Rosen was the better prospect but I am more than happy to eat crow if Allen proves me wrong. 

13 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Thats some pretty good logic there - I can drink to that.....kudos sir!

Ummmmmmmm - what history???

History. You know, the past. 

How we have a reputation of choosing the wrong QB. 

Edited by Torrey

2 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

FYI, Josh Allen is also from California. And came from money. And has had concussions.

Just sayin'

Both from California is true, but to compare Manhattan Beach to Firebaugh is like comparing a Bugatti to a Hyundai. Plus I don't recall bringing up financial status. Just humility vs arrogance.

As far as concussions? Rosens are well documented. Not to say Allen hasn't had any but the red flag on him was a shoulder/ clavicle injury. And as mentioned before I would root for either if that was what McBeane went with.

Just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am in the same mindset. I thought Rosen was the better prospect but I am more than happy to eat crow if Allen proves me wrong. 

Same here.  Fingers crossed and I hope to make to to TC soon to get a look for myself. 

Rosen was a better passer and more complete & accomplished QB coming out of college, but his injuries, concussions, overall size & durability scare me. He could be as tough as Tom Brady same height, similar weight coming out of college, or he could be made of glass like Trent Edwards. Time will tell. 

I live in Phoenix.  Rosen is up and down actually just like Allen.  

Whats funny is to see the bias sometimes.  Someone in one thread cited allens day 2 notes where he overthrew two receivers to end the day.  Everyone was saying we're so glad we got Rosen.

To me Rosen is struggling at staring down receivers and processing the game at NFL speed.  

Imo they both need time to grow.  What's cool with me is I get to watch both and cheer for both.  I hope they both do well, good for my hometown and current city I live in.

This topic has me thinking to what it would have been like in 1983.

Imagine people that were Marino fans saying it was a mistake to take Kelly and then Kelly jumps ship?

The board would have been toxic.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

1) Allen is from Cali

2) Allen has injury history with his clavicle and his throwing shoulder.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

One thread on NP and 5 on Allen on the first page. Zero on McCarron.....seems legit. Could care less about Rosen. Why is anyone who is a fan of this team Still talking about him? 

Edited by Bfanlc