LeSean McCoy allegations

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Twits...?

Didn't say I believed it.  Just wanted to share the stupidity.

How tragicomic would it be if McCoy hired someone to execute a hit on his ex...and he literally hit her with the gun?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

Didn't say I believed it.  Just wanted to share the stupidity.

Oh, I hear you, sir.  I was just expressing my disdain for the entire 'look what I just made!' culture.  And yes, that does reference to the two year old running out of the bathroom, overjoyed at their accomplishment.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

The issue is that people don't always commit crimes because it logically makes sense for them to do so. In fact, it almost never makes logical sense. Just because McCoy doesn't have anything to gain from our perspective doesn't mean he didn't have anything to gain from his. Hell, just because a crime was committed doesn't mean that the perpetrator had anything to gain at all.

But assuming that the attacker required having something to gain, the simple answers:

1. McCoy gets what he views as his possessions back.

2. McCoy gets the power/control of the situation/her.

3. McCoy scares her out of going to court/out of the house.

And most of all, since McCoy isn't personally carrying out the act, he thinks he can slip by since he technically has an alibi.

I am not saying that McCoy is guilty. Obviously Cordon's statement makes it look pretty bad but that's also obviously just her side of the story and the major red flag in it (the attacker requesting the specific items that McCoy wanted) is strictly based on her word and nothing else. We should clearly sit back and see how things develop. My point is simply that crimes aren't always committed because the criminal has something to gain, and even if it doesn't seem like it to us, McCoy may have thought that he had something to gain anyways.

I don't disagree.

Motive is a big thing in crime.

You make good points as to what his motives would be.

She also has motive in terms of self preservation ($$$ and housing), and ex bf revenge.

Honestly it's a very crazy situation with so many plausible outcomes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

The issue is that people don't always commit crimes because it logically makes sense for them to do so. In fact, it almost never makes logical sense. Just because McCoy doesn't have anything to gain from our perspective doesn't mean he didn't have anything to gain from his. Hell, just because a crime was committed doesn't mean that the perpetrator had anything to gain at all.

But assuming that the attacker required having something to gain, the simple answers:

1. McCoy gets what he views as his possessions back.

2. McCoy gets the power/control of the situation/her.

3. McCoy scares her out of going to court/out of the house.

And most of all, since McCoy isn't personally carrying out the act, he thinks he can slip by since he technically has an alibi.

I am not saying that McCoy is guilty. Obviously Cordon's statement makes it look pretty bad but that's also obviously just her side of the story and the major red flag in it (the attacker requesting the specific items that McCoy wanted) is strictly based on her word and nothing else. We should clearly sit back and see how things develop. My point is simply that crimes aren't always committed because the criminal has something to gain, and even if it doesn't seem like it to us, McCoy may have thought that he had something to gain anyways.

I believe there was a witness to this ordeal. So, it’s not as simple as his word vs her word. 

2 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

Well, the witness being her best friend

Reports say it was the woman's cousin who was also slightly injured....

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

he's finished no matter what happened

How so? If he's innocent on all charges? 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

As someone who has worked for Oxford University Press for a dozen years, I can assure you that you are wrong. Yes, the OED is rightly the standard (and you did not actually cite the OED, btw; you'd need a quite expensive subscription to be able to do that), but Webster's New World College Dictionaries are fine dictionaries that do all of the things you say they don't. I am currently looking at the second edition of the Webster New World College Dictionary, and it provides etymological context etc. As I'm sure you know, Merriam-Webster is the corporate owner of the Webster name when it comes to dictionaries. As for Oxford, we publish all types of dictionaries, including American ones and ones that are meant for 4th graders. The Webster New World College Dictionary is the official dictionary of the NYT, WSJ, and AP.

(God, I feel like Marshall McLuhan in "Annie Hall"!)

You shouldn't feel like Marshall. He would have chewed your damn head off if you didn't use Oxford, any U of T English prof would have.

Next your going to tell me that Oxford University press publishes plenty of style guides, which are not the Chicago Manual, and that those guides are fine, as well.

Its your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but come on man, no writer or editor worth their salt uses Merriam or Chicago.

Edited by MURPHD6

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Will the Buffalo Bills store take trade ins on Lesean McCoy jerseys? If Kim Pegula is as smart as I hear, she'll let people trade them in and give $25 store credit. 

If your a real fan you'll burn it right now then buy a new one if he's cleared

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

beating girlfriend - 4 game suspension

beating dog - lifetime ban

Dog is a year ban

kneeling is a lifetime ban

and if you don’t have video, women beating is a 2 game suspension.

and roger Goodell makes $44 million!

• Like (+1) 1

As I stated earlier, in the Internet age when everyone expects things to be settled RIGHT NOW,  investigations take time.  The legal authorities and the league will do so, and when they know the facts then a decision will be made.  But I will say this:  expect pressure on the Bills organization.  My daughter (whom I have brought up to be a proud Bills fan) texted me this morning about this incident.  And to quote:  I don't want a player on our team that I can't be proud of.  The me too movement is thankfully alive and well, and I suspect women who are fans of the team will be watching this very closely to see what the league and the team do.  And I expect Kim P will be listening.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

No...I really don't.  I am now one of three people that have provided evidence you are in the wrong.  You...have provided no actual evidence you are in the right.  I've wasted enough time actually looking things up.  You seem ready to easily handwave away what we've said while providing nothing to back your own assertions.  It's like arguing with a child.  "Well, you have to admit, this proves..."  "Nu-unh!" "Look, all the evidence sh..." "NU-UNH!!!".

Sorry, not wasting any more time.  I proved my point.  Time you actually prove yours.

Yep. Asserting that a woman beat herself up and called the cops is a very plausable scenario is a very respectful thing to say.  It doesnt make you an uneducated piece of garbage that has no clue how rare those cases are and how ****ty those assertions make actual victims of violence feel. They all agreed with you on that. 

Edited by MURPHD6

26 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Explain your logic here.

like he is just going to got back out there and it won't be a total fiasco?

even if he ekes his way out of civil and criminal responsibility?

Edited by row_33

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dog is a year ban

kneeling is a lifetime ban

and if you don’t have video, women beating is a 2 game suspension.

and roger Goodell makes $44 million!

Kneeling is a lifetime ban? I didn't know that. Someone needs to show this picture to Goodell. The division is ours with a large chunk of the Patriots banned.

ap_17267617800478-1506275523-8578-152709

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Some mornings I feel like I'm 50....does that make you feel better?

Back pain in the mornings....how in the hell did this happen at 36?!

Because of everything that happened before 36!

Stay young forever, Royale, but enjoy the sweet ride as you move North...the view is awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MarkyMannn said:

Whichever, don't mess with my dog.  There's a reason he's man's best friend   :)

Personally, beating a woman/ child/ dog should all be lifetime bans.  I hate to say it but I get more upset when animals die in movies than people.  That I am Legend scene with his dog still gets me. ?