What's more useless, mock drafts or grading immediately?????????

njbuff

Mock drafts or grading a draft immediately after it happens.

These two things are completely useless and drives me nuts.

No one has any idea who teams are going to draft and no one has any idea how these kids are going to perform once they get on an NFL field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Will-GM-for-food said:

They're for entertainment value.

And yet for some it seems to be for suicide motivation the way so many are freaking the F out like their whole world ended when Josh’s Allen’s name was called.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to What's more useless, mock drafts or grading immediately?????????

Mock drafts get you excited for the draft and then all the non billeivers post there B word fest grades because they didn't take the player they wanted. People need to stop bitching and support our fresh young front office. If you were that good of a talent evaluator you wouldn't be bitching on this site you would've been in the war room. 

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Grading immediately is much worse. Mock drafts serve a purpose and educate people as to where prospects may go. Grading drafts is just stupid (and I just graded our draft).

I think the grades are always a direct reflection of the guys doing the mocks.

If a guy doing the mock loved Allen, for example, he thinks we got a steal at #7 and only giving up 2 seconds (I agree btw). 

If a guy hated Allen (like CBS sports had him as the #5 QB behind Lamar and a late first/early second round grade) then they will hate our draft and grade us poorly.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd say mock drafts. It's a domino effect , so if one pick is off the whole thing goes to heck. Mocks without trades are even more useless. I can see giving immediate draft grades, as long as the criteria is value relative to draft grade and addressing needs. We don't know how the players will actually turn out, so those have to be the main factors. Kind of like going into a store with $500 bucks. What do you put into the basket? It has validity , just can't get into this player is going to be better than that player etc. 

Well, for years I have seen many saying we had great drafts, heck one time we even were the "self-described" winners of the off-season, and all of that resulted in bupkiss.

Meanwhile, Goff, Wentz, Cam Newton, Jaemis, Mariotta, Mahomes were all risky/bad prospects that teams "reached" for.

Grading a draft directly afterwards is like pulling out and then telling her "it's a girl". And you don't even know if she's preggo yet.

8 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Well, for years I have seen many saying we had great drafts, heck one time we even were the "self-described" winners of the off-season, and all of that resulted in bupkiss.

Meanwhile, Goff, Wentz, Cam Newton, Jaemis, Mariotta, Mahomes were all risky/bad prospects that teams "reached" for.

Grading a draft directly afterwards is like pulling out and then telling her "it's a girl". And you don't even know if she's preggo yet.

So. Now you’re playing the usefulness card!

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

No one has any idea who teams are going to draft and no one has any idea how these kids are going to perform once they get on an NFL field.

Speaking of useless, how about a 2019 mock? You know certain draft "experts" are going to spew those out over the next week.

3 hours ago, Will-GM-for-food said:

They're for entertainment value.

Yes, bingo!  

Lots of people enjoy the hype and want to participate any way they can.

If you are not like that yourself, you could do what millions of people do: pretend the NFL doesn't exist and go about your life doing other things.

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

Mock drafts and it’s not even close

Mock drafts easily. 

I honestly think you have a better shot guessing all 5 or 6 Mega Millions numbers right and winning the jackpot.

Mock drafts are almost completely worthless; only good for gauging the needs of teams that you don't follow closely.

I created not one and read maybe two this year.

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

or multiple questions marks after a statement?????