RD 7 - Austin Proehl WR NC

GG

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yep just like the majority of 7th rd draft picks. People always point out the exceptions to the rule. For every Antonio Brown there’s 100 7th rd draft picks that didn’t make it. It’s not even fair to compare this kid to Antonio Brown. Sit down and relax, guy

How bout Steve Johnson ?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

It earned garbage status when they overpaid for a QB who was a sub 60 Passer against typically inferior competition.

So was Brett Favre

Final college year stat comparison:

QB A - 150 CMP/ 275 ATT - 54.5%, 1572 YARDS, 5.7 Y/A, 7 TD, 6 INT 106.6 RATE

QB B - 152 CMP/ 270 ATT - 56.3%, 1812 YARDS, 6.7 Y/A, 16 TD, 6 INT 127.8 RATE

QB A is Brett Favre, QB B is Josh Allen

Can't you hope for one minute we landed the next Brett Favre? See bottom of page.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/205086-rd1-pick-7-josh-allen-qb-wyoming/?page=63

PS take a shot on Proehl. His dad was a witch. Never put up big numbers, but made soul crushing catches like Danny Amendola. I'm sure the connection between Proehl and McDermott helped. But at round 7 why not?

Edited by RocCityRoller

14 hours ago, GG said:

Which OC has worked under a coach who's been destroying the league with a bunch of nobody slot utility receivers?

Did we draft Tom Brady too? Lol. I'm willing to give Daboll a shot, but coaches from that team are almost never successful in the NFL. Even O'Brien is a healthy Andrew Luck away from missing the playoffs ever year and being fired.

14 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

Everyone is saying he's a slot guy, and maybe he does project that position in the pros, but on this video and game in particular, he plays wide all the time.

I like this pick. 

4.4 speed and veteran smarts. Watching those highlights, As soon as he gets a DB to turn he makes his cut for an easy completion. If he stays healthy, he has a chance for a spot. 

Edited by TPS

14 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

I posted my mock. 

The one where you had us taking Allen at 12?

(and a bunch of other errors that might have not made that possible). 

And LVE at 22 which wouldn’t have been possible?

instead, we get your top 10 LB Tremaine?

how is this garbage to you?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank god a kid of former nfl player finally got a break!!! Good for McDermott for helping out his friend!

:lol: This staff really does love them some sons-of-NFL-players (Zay Jones, Trumaine Edmunds, and now Proehl).

Edited by dave mcbride

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

:lol: This staff really does love them some sons-of-NFL-players (Zay Jones, Trumaine Edmunds, and now Proehl).

Haha. At least the first 2 were top talents.  But good for anyone who gets to hear their name called.  I think it was a favor pick because he wasn’t going to get drafted and we could have signed him based on their relationship.

Call me a homer (UNC grad and fan) but this kid has a great chance to make the roster.  NFL genes and works very hard.  Was not expected to play at all last season after being injured but worked himself back and wanted to play despite the fact the team was pretty bad and had no shot at a bowl.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Call me a homer (UNC grad and fan) but this kid has a great chance to make the roster.  NFL genes and works very hard.  Was not expected to play at all last season after being injured but worked himself back and wanted to play despite the fact the team was pretty bad and had no shot at a bowl.

I feel similarly about Cam Phillips :)

17 hours ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

As long as he doesn't step out of an open window on an upper level floor.

Once a moron, there's never turning back!

Of course, you could simply roll your eyes at his lunacy, if he was actually good at his profession and caught passes from QBs.

But nooooooooooo! Can't count on that.

On 4/29/2018 at 4:56 AM, RocCityRoller said:

So was Brett Favre

Final college year stat comparison:

QB A - 150 CMP/ 275 ATT - 54.5%, 1572 YARDS, 5.7 Y/A, 7 TD, 6 INT 106.6 RATE

QB B - 152 CMP/ 270 ATT - 56.3%, 1812 YARDS, 6.7 Y/A, 16 TD, 6 INT 127.8 RATE

QB A is Brett Favre, QB B is Josh Allen

Minor difference here? Different era. In an time period where Dan Marino and John Elway were completing 57% of their passes, Brett Favre was basically completing 55% in college.

In a time period where better QBs are completing roughly 64% of their passes, Josh Allen is hitting on 56%. It's an order of magnitude difference. It sounds small, but in fact it's huge. 

4 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Minor difference here? Different era. In an time period where Dan Marino and John Elway were completing 57% of their passes, Brett Favre was basically completing 55% in college.

In a time period where better QBs are completing roughly 64% of their passes, Josh Allen is hitting on 56%. It's an order of magnitude difference. It sounds small, but in fact it's huge. 

An order of magnitude is 10x.

Edited by Sky Diver

5 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

In an era where spread and air raid systems have taken over college football 64% is becoming more the norm 

you can add a 5-10% drop from a spread system to an NFL type system which Wyoming ran

He player under center nearly 50% of the time and took pro style 3-5-7 step drops

His stats where not inflated from a system which is devised to have guys running open

Edited by Buffalo716

I think this kid, who is the kid of a former NFL WR (who was once a young kid too), has real potential. It's not often that a kid like this fall into the lap of a team like the Bills. This team is full of kids, good kids, who someday won't be kids anymore, but real NFL players. 

I like this kid.

Edited by OJABBA

52 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

In an era where spread and air raid systems have taken over college football 64% is becoming more the norm 

you can add a 5-10% drop from a spread system to an NFL type system which Wyoming ran

He player under center nearly 50% of the time and took pro style 3-5-7 step drops

His stats where not inflated from a system which is devised to have guys running open

So he ran an Pro style offense, and his completion percentage was easily 8-10% less than quality NFL QBs. And as i stated above, Brett Favre was nearly producing the same completion percentages as HOF QBs in the NFL. 

The comp that I am making is not to Mason Rudolph. I'm stating that using Favre as a comp is clearly off base; one of them was already showing an NFL capability in terms of his numbers when he played for SoMiss (and by the way, playing against top 25 teams). He is not in Brett Favre's class leaving college and it's absurd to put the two guys in the same sentence.

And not a little unfair.

5 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

So he ran an Pro style offense, and his completion percentage was easily 8-10% less than quality NFL QBs. And as i stated above, Brett Favre was nearly producing the same completion percentages as HOF QBs in the NFL. 

The comp that I am making is not to Mason Rudolph. I'm stating that using Favre as a comp is clearly off base; one of them was already showing an NFL capability in terms of his numbers when he played for SoMiss (and by the way, playing against top 25 teams). He is not in Brett Favre's class leaving college and it's absurd to put the two guys in the same sentence.

And not a little unfair.

I haven’t said anything about Favre

Matt Stafford was under 60% as a passer in college also

Add 1.3 completions per game to Allen’s stats to compensate for drops and his completion % rises to a respectable 62.8%

thats only 1.3 completions per game... it’s like he needed 100 completions to reach 60%

he was 1 completion a game off. While running for his life in a pro style offense

he was my #4 QB but he can easily become a superstar 

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah I know ... I was responding to someone else, and then you responded to me responding to you so ..

Add 1.3 completions per game to Allen’s stats to compensate for drops and his completion % rises to a respectable 62.8%

thats only 1.3 completions per game... it’s like he needed 100 completions to reach 60%

he was 1 completion a game off. While running for his life in a pro style offense

You sound a little like Crash Davis.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

he was my #4 QB but he can easily become a superstar 

Indeed. He could, but it won't be easy and I'm hoping he's given the chance to start before the season ends ... unless AJ is en feugo.

3 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Indeed. He could, but it won't be easy and I'm hoping he's given the chance to start before the season ends ... unless AJ is en feugo.

Yea, shouldn’t have said easily cam become a superstar 

but with a lot of hard work he can

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/28/2018 at 5:53 PM, BuffaninATL said:

thanks for the quick intel !! anyone have his other measurables?

Size 7.5 shoe, hands are bigger than his face, shoulder length hair and a 7" taint.  He has drawn favorable comparisons to Donnie Osmond and one of the Coreys (they didn't specify which one)!!   Big get!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It is one thing to have NFL bloodlines....This dude had that, plus he had an NFL recievers coach living in his house. His dad was a really good route runner and special teamer and that is how he hung around so long. Proehl is going to make this team. 

They are talking about him on Golic & Wingo right now. They are sending him gifts because he’s their “Mr. Irrelevant”. They said Trey Quinn is actually relevant now that he’s “Mr Irrelevant” and gets a rolex, etc. So they said Proehl is the real irrelevant as the penultimate pick in the draft. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

he was my #4 QB but he can easily become a superstar 

It was the SEC.

The more i learn about Austin Proehl the more I like this pick. Alright size for slot I guess ( Wes Welker Type). He is quick and fast,  re ran a 4.4 at the regional combine in Tampa. Really smooth route running and great hands. he played well the 2016 with Trubisky throwing him the ball. We dont have anyone at slot right now so he will fight for the job. Last year he was hurt majority of the year. If he is fully healthy this is good value at the second last pick of the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1