RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

6 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

We gave away an opportunity to build a deep solid roster and to give away so much for a QB who I believe was the 7th or 8th rated QB in this draft was a huge mistake. The trade up for Edmunds would have been a great move if we didnt already give away both 2nds for Allen. I would have preferred us to stay put and still would have probably been able to get Allen but I'd rather have had Rosen. Hands down the best passer in this draft. But i would have wanted us to use all the picks to build a savage squad and gave away the farm next year for a QB and gave mccarron a chance to prove himself n just to build a team that was a QB away from greatness. I hope Allen develops into a Super Bowl QB but if he doesnt this draft will go down as a huge franchise failure and will set us back for years compared to what we could have done with the arsenal of picks we had

Quit posting.

• Like (+1) 1

I will admit I wanted Rosen.  I drank the cool aid and learned to love his cockiness.  As Goodell was saying Josh Allen my stomach sank.  Not who I would have picked after my countless hours of watching you tube scouting videos, listening to NFL Network and ESPN experts plus watching them all play in college for a couple years.  I had them ranked Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson.   I told myself any of the top 3 would be Great.  Darnold was never really a possibility so Rosen was my guy. 

As the seconds after the pick turned into minutes I found myself not only being ok with Allen but realizing that I under valued him.  The kid has a rocket for an arm and can move out of the pocket.  Something Allen can not do.  Yes he has accuracy issues, yes that's a big issue.  So is concussions with Allen, fumbles with Darnold, Mayfield is short and Jackson might be better at WR.  They all have issues.   I think he is the PERFECT QB for the Bills.  He is a farmers son, looks like a QB and can through the ball a mile.  Scouts say when the ball leaves his hand it has a sound to it that you don't hear that often......aka Favre, Elway.  Do I think he is them?  Hell no.  But I do like his upside and for the first time in years I have hope at the QB position.  Welcome to Buffalo Josh Allen, I hope you prove all the haters wrong.  

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Since Adam Shefter confirmed that the Cardinals were trying to trade for Josh Allen and then settled on trading up to 10 for Rosen after we got him, I’d say your premise doesn’t work.  

Also, next years QB class is not very good so there’s that.  

Ok so we sit still until the cardinals trade up for Allen and then move up to take Rosen we get a better and player give up less...how you figure that doesnt work.

Ok so we sit still until the cardinals trade up for Allen and then move up to take Rosen we get a better and player give up less...how you figure that doesnt work.

Well Beane made the pick understanding that he would be on damage control right away. He also made the pick knowing a bunch of fans would cry over it. At least he made the choice he felt was right and not the easy one. 

I'd pump the brakes a little but if you wanna set your hair on fire and run around in circles then do it. Thanks for another I don't like Josh Allen post with nothing new to add to the pile. 

Edited by Lfod

Just now, Rebel101 said:

Just stop.  Beane knew who he wanted and went and got him.  He didn't want to settle for someone's sloppy seconds.  

Everyone really thinks giving up so much for Allen was a good idea? I think you've been drinking to much bleach 

Sloppy seconds? Rosen is hands down the best passer in the draft. Have any of you even watched an Allen game he is a mess

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

We gave away an opportunity to build a deep solid roster and to give away so much for a QB who I believe was the 7th or 8th rated QB in this draft was a huge mistake. The trade up for Edmunds would have been a great move if we didnt already give away both 2nds for Allen. I would have preferred us to stay put and still would have probably been able to get Allen but I'd rather have had Rosen. Hands down the best passer in this draft. But i would have wanted us to use all the picks to build a savage squad and gave away the farm next year for a QB and gave mccarron a chance to prove himself n just to build a team that was a QB away from greatness. I hope Allen develops into a Super Bowl QB but if he doesnt this draft will go down as a huge franchise failure and will set us back for years compared to what we could have done with the arsenal of picks we had

Time will tell.....this is why i hate the 3 months leading up to the draft with everyones worthless mock drafts and the 3 months after with arm chair GM's saying what we should have done.

I would love to see how posters like this would have reacted to the Jim Kelly pick.  You know the guy who wouldnt even play here until we made him the highest paid player in history.  The point is you never know what is going to happen.  And obviously this is nothing againt Jim Kelly just saying we picked a guy who refused to play here that became the best QB we ever had.  You have to wait and see what happens.  Are you saying you wouldnt be beside yourself if we drafted a QB and then said QB refused to play here?

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

Everyone really thinks giving up so much for Allen was a good idea? I think you've been drinking to much bleach 

Nothing wrong with the take. Just after so many repetitive post it gets redundant. We know a lot of people didn't like the pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Sloppy seconds? Rosen is hands down the best passer in the draft. Have any of you even watched an Allen game he is a mess

Hard to be the best passer when you are sitting on the sideline broken like a china doll.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Then why was Rosen the 4th QB taken?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rebel101 said:

I hope he works out. He could end up being great I just think we overpaid but if he becomes great then it was worth it

Honestly go check out some post pick interviews with him. Then look at Rosen's feeling entilted to be picked higher attitude. I'm warming up to the fact we picked him now. 

4 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

He was lights out in Wyomings Bowl game and even better in the senior bowl. He has maybe the best arm ever. He will be fine. 

10 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I hope he works out. He could end up being great I just think we overpaid but if he becomes great then it was worth it

Just for the record.............

If Allen turns out to be great, no one will give a flying **** what the Bills gave up. NO ONE.

Edited by Nervous Guy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Welcome to the board.  Thanks for expressing your opinion. 

Before starting a new thread, it's a good practice to search the existing threads and see if your post might fit in an existing thread.  Starting a new thread is really the last resort.  For example, this post may have fit in the "Josh Allen draft pick thread"; the "Would Allen Have been there at 12" thread and a few others on the front page.  It keeps the board more orderly and really reserves new threads for "breaking news" or "very unique perspectives".

Again welcome.  Good to have you on board.  Are you an Ole Miss fan or just a rebel?

Edited by JoeF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Jets gave up more to move up just 3 spots. 

And the guy they took may end up 3rd in their depth chart (probably 2nd though). Unless they plan o  just throwing away the 2 guys they just signed in FA a few weeks ago before they made the trade up to get a QB......

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

how's building a deep roster without a QB worked for us the last 20 years?

Prior to making the pick no one here cared about building the roster, you had to give up everything to get one of the Franchise QBs in the draft. Now they pick Allen and those same people are crying cause they have up 2 of the picks for a franchise qb, just not the one their expert opinion seemed to be the right guy....

• Like (+1) 1

Its taken me over 24 hours to process the pick. Still not a fan. 

Having a really hard time getting over the numbers he put last season at Wyoming. This one is tough to take, i think we could've had him at 12 without giving up the 2nd rounders. I don't believe that the Cardinals wanted Allen. 

I like the precision in Rosens' game. Very fluid and his ball placement is pretty. 

But,........ He is 2 or 3 concussions from a second career in tennis. Considering how the NFL treats possible concussions with the new protocol he might not make it to year 3. He'll be going up against the Rams, Hawks and Niners defenses twice a year. God bless him. Allen is a brick of a man and is suited for NFL punishment and Western New York.

35 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

I can tell why they call you Rebel, Rebel101.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Regardless of your opinion on Allen, you can't sit on your hands and hope one of those guys falls to you. The Bills did what they needed to do in getting the guy they liked.

I agree. 

Besides them moving up(which i'm ok with), i feel as though this pick was heavily influenced by Pegula. That doesn't sit right with me to be honest. We'll probably never know the truth but ownership meddling in football decisions is the worst. 

As a Bills fan i will support Allen. Its a bitter pill to swallow until proven otherwise. 

Just now, Buffalo Ballin said:

What? Please be more coherent. I'm going to disagree anyway. Beane panicked. Allen was going to be there at 12 without trading. A failure in my mind. He made up for that though with Tremaine Edmunds. Tremaine, if he can remain durable, might be a Hall of Famer.

They said on NFL network that Adam Schefter (who is the most reliable insider in the business) said the Arizona Cardinals were trying to read eup to #7 to draft Josh Allen, so the Bills had to beat their offer. 

• Like (+1) 1