RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

1. Being smart means absolutely nothing when it comes to reading a defense or knowing where to go with the ball. His game film shows a guy who struggles enormously when pressured, and who often fails to move past his first progression. 

2. His bad supporting cast played bad defenses. He had the lowest drop rate of all the QBs in the draft. 

Guys like Josh Allen never succeed in the modern NFL. Just ask Jake Locker, EJ Manuel, Kyle Boller, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Freeman or Akili Smith. 

We just drafted a less accurate version of Blake Bortles. 

Other than not succeeding what does that list have in common?

Why can't you guys complaining just let this play out? So annoying coming on here with the guys who think they are NFL worthy scouts and GMs. Did you do even a fraction of the work that Beane and McDermott did? No, so just sit and wait to see how he turns out. 

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I know your type, I hate the know it all nerd types. You cannot predict the future and you're not as smart as you think. Also, if you think it's OK to call a player a bust before he even played 1 game, morally you are a sleezeball.

Talk to me in 3 years. 

As many can vouch for from the BBMB, I know a bust when I see one.

I'm really hard on QB prospects. When there's a guy I really dislike as a prospect, they wind up as colossal busts (Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkley, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Christian Hackenberg, Paxton Lynch were all guys I railed against over the past 5-6 years). 

Inaccurate college QBs who play garbage competition like Allen faced in the Mountain West don't go on to make successful NFL QBs. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Guess what? He has more here than he did in college which is a reflection of how poor his team was. How many players do you think will get drafted from Wyoming? Maybe you should go take a nap and sleep off the alcohol you had tonight.

You realize he's not going to be playing against mountain West talent with the Bills next year right? The Bills by NFL standards are weak at skill positions.

But when you can't defend your position just call someone drunk, you sound like an idiot. You lack basic logic.

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Other than not succeeding what does that list have in common?

They all got drafted high because they can throw the ball really far while lacking accuracy. 

Edited by jrober38

1 minute ago, LABills1979 said:

Why can't you guys complaining just let this play out? So annoying coming on here with the guys who think they are NFL worthy scouts and GMs. Did you do even a fraction of the work that Beane and McDermott did? No, so just sit and wait to see how he turns out. 

Isn’t this a message board and not Nazi Germany? You can still love the Bills, not like the pick, and hope Allen proves you wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Dark said:

Whoa.  "Morally a sleezeball"  for calling a football player a bust?  

If you don't even give somebody an honest chance, I think that's a dirtball stance to take. Then to preach about analytics and pretend to predict the future and know what's going to happen, yeah people like that can kindly !@#$ off.

Just now, LEBills said:

It’s a joke account, Rosen didn’t say that

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

You realize that's a parody account or are you so simple you think that's reputable?

No, I didn't. I knew that wasn't a real sports center account but I had seen someone else post that Rosen quote in this thread, so I searched for it to see if he actually said that and seen that quote come up in a couple different spots. So I thought he did say it. 

No reason to be a jerk about it Ol Dirty. 

I dont have a twitter account and don't really use twitter. 

So im not up on all this twitter stuff. My bad. 

Edited by BillsFan4

Just now, jrober38 said:

Talk to me in 3 years. 

As many can vouch for from the BBMB, I know a bust when I see one.

I'm really hard on QB prospects. When there's a guy I really dislike as a prospect, they wind up as colossal busts (Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkley, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Christian Hackenberg, Paxton Lynch were all guys I railed against over the past 5-6 years). 

Inaccurate college QBs who play garbage competition like Allen faced in the Mountain West don't go on to make successful NFL QBs. 

That guy you're quoting is an idiot, it's not even worth it. He hates stats, he hates numbers, basically anything that supports a point he disagrees with he hates. He's simple. 

Yet all he can do to support his point is say the Bills have better weapons than Wyoming. I'm not sure whether this guy watches games, or is trolling.