Patriots want Baker Mayfield

CJY2k

On Wednesday, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported the New York Jets are among the teams with a pick within the top 10 who are "fully aware of the Patriots' affinity for Mayfield."

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora previously noted the Pats' acquisition of the No. 23 overall pick to go along with their No. 31 selection was "all about a quarterback." He also suggested the team has an eye on moving up to take Mayfield.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768534-patriots-draft-rumors-new-england-has-affinity-for-baker-mayfield

What if these sneaky mofos know something?.. What damaging information surfaces a week before the draft causing one or more of the top 4 picks to nosedive?

Could NE be sitting on something?

Edited by #34fan

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

trying to get teams to move up to get QB's so they can move down and get a CB or LT that falls

Yeah, Pats want us to drain our draft to move up so what do they do? Give out rumour we're thinking of moving up for a qb. Jets move makes this even more logical and more pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

trying to get teams to move up to get QB's so they can move down and get a CB or LT that falls

Exactly my thoughts...

Belichick could care less about the future of the franchise and wants to WIN NOW with Brady.  Moving up to draft a rookie QB that'll play when he's no longer the coach does him no good and is a crap shoot.  He's hoping to force someone's hand to move up and take their QB so a defense stud or a LT falls into his lap.

Jedi mind tricks

images.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Ppl give the patriots far too much credit . They struck gold by taking a flyer on a 6th round qb who maybe wouldn't have had the same early success if Bledsoe hadn't gotten injured. He ends up being the greatest qb of all time.  Brady is the engine that makes the patriots go. Now all of a sudden they are Jedi masters with personnel moves.  None of this happens without Brady . 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Exactly my thoughts...

Belichick could care less about the future of the franchise and wants to WIN NOW with Brady.  Moving up to draft a rookie QB that'll play when he's no longer the coach does him no good and is a crap shoot.  He's hoping to force someone's hand to move up and take their QB so a defense stud or a LT falls into his lap.

Jedi mind tricks

images.jpg

Doesn't Billacheats kid also work for the Pats and will maybe take over someday, if true then the rumors about Billacheat wanting to keep Crapplo for next up should make the look for next up QB a little more dire need then your stateing. I am not sure of his family member or son or whomever but I could have sworn a next in line Billacheat was already getting groomed.

Anyone know for sure?

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Doesn't Billacheats kid also work for the Pats and will maybe take over someday, if true then the rumors about Billacheat wanting to keep Crapplo for next up should make the look for next up QB a little more dire need then your stateing. I am not sure of his family member or son or whomever but I could have sworn a next in line Billacheat was already getting groomed.

Anyone know for sure?

I'm not sure I'd theyre being groomed to take over, but yes he has 2 sons on his coaching staff. IIRC one coaches safeties and the other is some type of defensive assistant. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CJY2k said:

cf-dafuq.gif more like this 

Not at all. 

Buffalo is in a much better position to land one of the top QBs in the draft than New England is. 

Both of our 1st round picks are higher than the Pats (one is much higher).

If it's true the Bills couldn't get a team to fall back to #21 and #22, then the Pats are going to have even more trouble getting a team to fall back to #23 and #31...

Plus we have more draft capital in general. I don't see much possibility that they could beat out the Bills in a trade up if both teams were actually serious about doing so. 

I dont see the Patriots actually trying to trade to the top of the draft anyway. If anything maybe they try and trade into the teens somewhere to grab a QB (but chances are they'll just use 1 pick on a QB and groom him like they did Garoppolo). 

• Like (+1) 1

Doesn’t matter who they like. They are way too far back to move up enough to get Mayfield.

Possibly Rudolph, but who cares what he wants. His two late firsts and seconds are nothing like ours.

He will draft defense and an O lineman.

I don't think New England touches a QB in the first 2 rounds. They need some players and can get some good talent with those 4 picks. If they draft one earlier I believe Brady's end is coming sooner than what's lead to believe. 

My prediction ... Belicheat wants

23. Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame

31. Dallas Goeddert - TE -  South Dakota State

They need to replace their master of holding at LT and their cheap shot artist TE has started talking retirement. Once you start talking retirement you're already mentally retired.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

My prediction ... Belicheat want

23. Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame

31. Dallas Goeddert - TE -  South Dakota State

They need to replace their master of holding at LT and their cheap shot artist TE has started talking retirement. Once you start talking retirement you're already mentally retired.

I think this is more likely. Besides why would they trade up for a QB when the great Tom Brady is going to play until he's 45-47. Also, why couldn't they just draft a lower rated QB who the genius Belichick can coach up to all pro----using the over rated Patriot way.  I could care less what the Patriots do  I'm interested in what the new staff does---can they surpass the Patriots & start winning the AFC East, playoffs SB, etc.

I've seen it said somewhere, that there aren't that many true 'top end' talents in this draft, and not enough for a whole first round full of them.  Could well be a move just to make sure they get a top tier guy with their first round pick.

Fwiw, it was being said in the same article about the talent levels, that there was plenty of it of 2nd/3rd round quality, so it isn't necessarily a poor class, at all.

Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me, remember where I saw this, but I think it came when I was searching for where the best positional depth was in this draft.

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

What if these sneaky mofos know something?.. What damaging information surfaces a week before the draft causing one or more of the top 4 picks to nosedive?

Could NE be sitting on something?

Oh my god... Why does everyone think NE is smarter than everyone else???

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

I've seen it said somewhere, that there aren't that many true 'top end' talents in this draft, and not enough for a whole first round full of them.  Could well be a move just to make sure they get a top tier guy with their first round pick.

Fwiw, it was being said in the same article about the talent levels, that there was plenty of it of 2nd/3rd round quality, so it isn't necessarily a poor class, at all.

Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me, remember where I saw this, but I think it came when I was searching for where the best positional depth was in this draft.

I heard Gil Brandt say it yesterday. I'm likely off with the numbers, but there were somewhere around 20 "1st round players" in this year's draft.

• Like (+1) 1