Preston Brown thinks he can help the Patriots

Domdab99

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

The NFL’s reigning tackles leader has watched former Bills teammates stampede out of Buffalo and turn into stars with the Patriots.

Seriously? There biggest star to date has been Hogan and it's a stretch to call him a "star".

Mike G - disgruntled, benched and probably cut.

Scott Chandler- Really?

Gilmore - Toasted early and often but ended decent. Far from "star status" and not worth the contract.

What ? player am I missing?

Gilmore was better than decent by pretty much every measure.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

His comment about everyone from the Bills who goes to the Pats goes to either Super Bowls or Pro Bowls. Super Bowls? No **** Sherlock. Pro Bowls? ? Nope. Try again. Gilmore actually went to the Pro Bowl with the Bills but was not selected with the Pats. No former Bills were selected to the Pro Bowl. 

As an aside, Zach Brown also went to the Pro bowl with the Bills, but then was not selected with the Redskins. None of the other guys he mentioned who had good seasons after they left  (all WRs btw, nice throwing TT under the bus along the way) who made the playoffs (boohoo oh wait you did too) went to the pro Bowl either.  

The author tried like Gumby to make it look like Gillislee did anything, which was amusing. 

Hes an idiot

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Those guys didn't back into the playoffs on a lucky Dalton 40+ yard TD strike on 4th and 12 to a rookie who had an underwhelming season.  

And to everyone else hating on him...its pretty silly to do that.  He is a FA...the reporter is specifically asking him about the Pats.  What is Preston supposed to say?  Screw the Pats?  Is he supposed to have loyalty to the Bills Team who isnt yet showing him the loyalty?  Is he supposed to piss on the Pats in the press and eliminate them as a possible place to sign if the Bills dont step up and keep him?

I dont get fans.  They always demand loyalty from the players who are never shown the same loyalty by either the fans or the teams they play for.  He didn't say he would rather be there, he just said, as he should, that he felt he was a good enough player to help that team.  He should feel confident enough to be able to believe he can help any team in the league.  So if a reporter asks him if he can help a certain franchise, the answer is always going to be yes.

Its a business...its in his best interest to not be negative about the Pats both in keeping his FA options open and to keep Bills moving towards keeping him.  Which he has stated publicly he wants to stay here.  

.....and the Patriots didn't get any help from the refs along the way?  I'm proud of the Bills and how they got in.  They won their last game and yes, got some help from Dalton, but I am proud of them nonetheless.

He looks to definitely be trying to do some damage control on his twitter now.

Forget him, and forget these pathetic people tweeting out pictures of their kids and dogs in Preston Brown jerseys begging him to stay.

He's solid, but he's not great. Certainly not above replacement level. Let him go, it's vitriolic but it's how I feel. !@#$ him, rescind any offer and tell him to !@#$ off.

!@#$ing slow ass wack in coverage MLB. !@#$ him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I get what you're saying, and I usually agree that fans should be more inclined to understand the players side of things.

However, Preston wasn't only complimentary of the Pats. He started bringing up others guys who left for other teams and their success, a bit irrelevant to his value and dealings with the Pats, you wouldn't say?

Not only that, I know Goodwin had a good year but he lumped him in and left it to he inferred by people the Goodwin made the playoffs.

It is a business, the way he went about it was just wrong in my opinion. He could have just said they're a successful organization that maximizes talent, why he started bringing up all these other guys irrelevant to the Pats is beyond me. And then saying, "They always get the best out of the buffalo bills". 

He made a lot of mistakes, I try to be objective and it cuts both ways. Saying this was just business, and a smart move by Preston is just trolling or going above and beyond trying to be objective. 

Fair enough, and yeah I actually missed part of the article as an ad broke it up, so I didn't see the rest of his comments and went back to see them.  I assure you I wasn't trolling (which is a waste of time), or going beyond trying to be objective.  I just only caught the first part of the article and thought it was done and missed him further elaborating.  So I do agree, that while I wouldn't expect him to say negative things, he probably said more than he should have and went a little too far with it.

So I see your point, good reply and I more or less agree with you on this now.  I still want him back though, and overall am not too concerned or bothered personally about it to not want him to stay.  But thats just me, I get why others may feel differently.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fair enough, and yeah I actually missed part of the article as an ad broke it up, so I didn't see the rest of his comments and went back to see them.  I assure you I wasn't trolling (which is a waste of time), or going beyond trying to be objective.  I just only caught the first part of the article and thought it was done and missed him further elaborating.  So I do agree, that while I wouldn't expect him to say negative things, he probably said more than he should have and went a little too far with it.

So I see your point, good reply and I more or less agree with you on this now.  I still want him back though, and overall am not too concerned or bothered personally about it to not want him to stay.  But thats just me, I get why others may feel differently.

It is all about performance. So it's probably more level headed and fair that you'd want him back. I didn't think you were trolling, I was just trying to say I usually agree with the point of view you were articulating. My apologies if I put you in a corner. 

10 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

The NFL’s reigning tackles leader has watched former Bills teammates stampede out of Buffalo and turn into stars with the Patriots.

Seriously? There biggest star to date has been Hogan and it's a stretch to call him a "star".

Mike G - disgruntled, benched and probably cut.

Scott Chandler- Really?

Gilmore - Toasted early and often but ended decent. Far from "star status" and not worth the contract.

What ? player am I missing?

Alan Branch has been stout DT for them. 

47 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Remind me of one big, game changing play Preston Brown made. Remember the 2016 Steelers game?

I just remember that one game against Miami. Other than that, I am simply not a fan. His lack of athleticism is part of the reason why Blake Bortles was able to run all over our defense in the playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Call me crazy, but even after just one year I'll trust the Bills' braintrust to properly evaluate Brown and make a decision on what they should/shouldn't pay to retain him.

I thought Brown's comments in that article were fine, except for the fact he made it sound like Goodwin went to the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I just remember that one game against Miami. Other than that, I am simply not a fan. His lack of athleticism is part of the reason why Blake Bortles was able to run all over our defense in the playoff game. 

He's agreeing with you. Bell had like 300 yards that game against Pitt, but I agree. Outside of that game vs Miami he hasn't been great. 

!@#$ him and he can !@#$ off. !@#$ 52.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i like preston brown. seems like a good guy. good player. not the most gifted athlete, but seems to be a high effort guy. i would like to see him stay a buffalo bill, but if somebody wants to pay him a boat load of cash, i will understand him leaving. these careers are short, make what you can, and have fun. there are plenty of jackholes out there, i just don't think he is one of them.

Let him go,  not worth trying to overpay this guy with average skills. Would not pay him more then 4 years 15 mill total with 8 mill guaranteed

9 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Gilmore was better than decent by pretty much every measure.

At his salary, he needs to be top-5 at least.  He wasn't by a large margin.

8 hours ago, PIZ said:

.....and the Patriots didn't get any help from the refs along the way?  I'm proud of the Bills and how they got in.  They won their last game and yes, got some help from Dalton, but I am proud of them nonetheless.

This.  Teams "get help" all season long.  Just because it came at the end of the season doesn't really matter.

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Alan Branch has been stout DT for them. 

He's a JAG.  Took going to the Cheaters to have some semblance of a career because Bellychick can get the most out of anyone.

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

At his salary, he needs to be top-5 at least.  He wasn't by a large margin.

This.  Teams "get help" all season long.  Just because it came at the end of the season doesn't really matter.

He's a JAG.  Took going to the Cheaters to have some semblance of a career because Bellychick can get the most out of anyone.

Gilmore the 7th highest average salary in the NFL for CB's.

Not sure where this "at least top 5" stuff comes from.

Typical Boston paper making these guys out to be better than they are. Hogan- ok Gilmore- happy he left- chandler- wont even give a response TD mike- sorry to lose him but was nothing for them. If Brown wants to go let him. If hes gonna talk about hopefully signing with the Pats after playing with the bills for the past few years I hope he does an dhope he stays when we finally start to beat they as@@s. Talk about kicking the bills in the gut. If you wanna sign then sign don't talk about how you want to go to the dark side now Bills fans will forever hate him after reading that article

That was honestly one of the most bizarre series of statements I've seen from an active player - campaigning to be picked up by another team (division rival nonetheless).  Obvious that he and his agent don't feel like he'll be back in Buffalo, and he's trying to campaign where he wants to go - but so odd to do it so overtly

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It is all about performance. So it's probably more level headed and fair that you'd want him back. I didn't think you were trolling, I was just trying to say I usually agree with the point of view you were articulating. My apologies if I put you in a corner. 

All good man, I was the one who replied after missing part of the information because the add made me think the article is done.  You didn't put me in a corner, I thought you had a good reply