Preston Brown thinks he can help the Patriots

Domdab99

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

His comment about everyone from the Bills who goes to the Pats goes to either Super Bowls or Pro Bowls. Super Bowls? No **** Sherlock. Pro Bowls? ? Nope. Try again. Gilmore actually went to the Pro Bowl with the Bills but was not selected with the Pats. No former Bills were selected to the Pro Bowl. 

As an aside, Zach Brown also went to the Pro bowl with the Bills, but then was not selected with the Redskins. None of the other guys he mentioned who had good seasons after they left  (all WRs btw, nice throwing TT under the bus along the way) who made the playoffs (boohoo oh wait you did too) went to the pro Bowl either.  

The author tried like Gumby to make it look like Gillislee did anything, which was amusing. 

Recall when Preston was being described as Football smart and intuitive? Being Coached by his Pop was being mentioned early on after drafted.
 Not sure any of that is true anymore.

I tried

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

He’s a free agent talking his name up. I can’t hate him for that. But the Gronk cheap shot without retribution, and no hard feelings towards a team that have beat you regularly really speaks to his sense of commradery. 

yup. no question

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whoa!

damm. thatsa some K A Tweeting from Reilly. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He had 144 tackles last year and we act like he’s a scrub. A lot of that is because the DTs were so atrocious vs. the run but he still held his own. He was fine in pass coverage in our zone defense because he is heady. His quick recognition offsets some of his lack of athleticism. Teams didn’t exploit him in the passing game. He is an above average NFL starter. 

I don't think he's a scrub.  I think he's a good player.  I'm not sure he's the MLB of McDermott's dreams though.

I'm sure we'd like to keep him, but I'm also sure he's dreaming of the Big Payday, and someone will likely give it to him.  I could be wrong, but I don't THINK it will be the Patriots.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

!@#$ him! This isn’t sour grapes either. I have never been a Preston Brown fan, I think he’s a gutless, balless bastard who always seems to stand around the pile or comes in when the play is just about over, trying to pad his stats. I hope he does go to the Patriots, maybe then we could score more. Good bye jerk-off, go blow Gilmore while you’re at it.

You just always seem to whitewash everything! Tell us what you really think of him. LOL

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think he's a scrub.  I think he's a good player.  I'm not sure he's the MLB of McDermott's dreams though.

I'm sure we'd like to keep him, but I'm also sure he's dreaming of the Big Payday, and someone will likely give it to him.

always the balanced opinion from you.
 you  employ yoga don't you ?
Meditations and perhaps martial arts.

If we look at McD's defenses he does not use  a MLB like Brown plays the game.
Look for Bills to gain move away from a " downhill MLB "
 Bills will improve the Mlb position just as they will need to improve the interior DL. hand in hand

Edited by 3rdand12

I don't want this team to give him any kind of offer.

If he were to say this after he signed, I can get it. But to say it now, after reports came out that his agent has been in contact with the Bills, forget him.

It's childish but at some point sports are childish.

5 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

It is. I did a thorough investigation and it is our PS/UDFA WR. Same Twitter handle and all. 

Thank you for doing the legwork and setting us straight !
 so cool to have a another player call PB out. Brown needs to check it

;)

Edited by 3rdand12

Just now, KW95 said:

We are cleaning the stank. It always surfaces right? That staunchly smell. 

Only a few more to go and we are Super Bowl bound!

md99

sw14

sg24

LM27

s13

Mw94

preston Brown next followed by Jh55, followed by TT5 and next year CC85

SJ13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bye,_Felicia

The phrase "Bye, Felicia" (actually spelled "Felisha" in the cast listing) came from a scene in the American stoner buddy crime comedy film Friday(1995). According to Ice Cube, who starred in the film and co-wrote its script, "Bye, Felicia" is "the phrase 'to get anyone out of your face'," and, as it was used in the Friday scene, is generally intended as a dismissive kiss-off.[

In addition, "Felicia" is former University of Miami QB Brad Kaaya's mom.

6 hours ago, PIZ said:

Did he forget he also was on a team that made it to the playoffs?

"A lot of guys left the last year, and it seemed like everybody who left us was going to the playoffs — (Rams wide receivers) Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods, (49ers receiver) Marquise Goodwin. Everybody who left had a good season. It’s definitely something you look at like, wow, those guys are having success. But the Patriots, they definitely seem to get the best out of the Buffalo Bills.”

EDITED:  I am editing this original post as I only caught the first part of the article and thought it was over when I got to the ad and didn't see how much more he elaborated.  So I can see more now why some feel he said things they didn't like.

Still don't think it was a big deal personally, I mean he's being asked these questions to be driven to say something that will get clicks.  Sometimes athletes open up too much and put their foot in their mouth.

I still want him back and he has publicly stated he wants to be here too.  So not a big deal to me personally.

Edited by Alphadawg7

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Those guys didn't back into the playoffs on a lucky Dalton 40+ yard TD strike on 4th and 12 to a rookie who had an underwhelming season.  

And to everyone else hating on him...its pretty silly to do that.  He is a FA...the reporter is specifically asking him about the Pats.  What is Preston supposed to say?  Screw the Pats?  Is he supposed to have loyalty to the Bills Team who isnt yet showing him the loyalty?  Is he supposed to piss on the Pats in the press and eliminate them as a possible place to sign if the Bills dont step up and keep him?

I dont get fans.  They always demand loyalty from the players who are never shown the same loyalty by either the fans or the teams they play for.  He didn't say he would rather be there, he just said, as he should, that he felt he was a good enough player to help that team.  He should feel confident enough to be able to believe he can help any team in the league.  So if a reporter asks him if he can help a certain franchise, the answer is always going to be yes.

Its a business...its in his best interest to not be negative about the Pats both in keeping his FA options open and to keep Bills moving towards keeping him.  Which he has stated publicly he wants to stay here.  

They drafted him.

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Those guys didn't back into the playoffs on a lucky Dalton 40+ yard TD strike on 4th and 12 to a rookie who had an underwhelming season.  

And to everyone else hating on him...its pretty silly to do that.  He is a FA...the reporter is specifically asking him about the Pats.  What is Preston supposed to say?  Screw the Pats?  Is he supposed to have loyalty to the Bills Team who isnt yet showing him the loyalty?  Is he supposed to piss on the Pats in the press and eliminate them as a possible place to sign if the Bills dont step up and keep him?

I dont get fans.  They always demand loyalty from the players who are never shown the same loyalty by either the fans or the teams they play for.  He didn't say he would rather be there, he just said, as he should, that he felt he was a good enough player to help that team.  He should feel confident enough to be able to believe he can help any team in the league.  So if a reporter asks him if he can help a certain franchise, the answer is always going to be yes.

Its a business...its in his best interest to not be negative about the Pats both in keeping his FA options open and to keep Bills moving towards keeping him.  Which he has stated publicly he wants to stay here.  

I get what you're saying, and I usually agree that fans should be more inclined to understand the players side of things.

However, Preston wasn't only complimentary of the Pats. He started bringing up others guys who left for other teams and their success, a bit irrelevant to his value and dealings with the Pats, you wouldn't say?

Not only that, I know Goodwin had a good year but he lumped him in and left it to he inferred by people the Goodwin made the playoffs.

It is a business, the way he went about it was just wrong in my opinion. He could have just said they're a successful organization that maximizes talent, why he started bringing up all these other guys irrelevant to the Pats is beyond me. And then saying, "They always get the best out of the buffalo bills". 

He made a lot of mistakes, I try to be objective and it cuts both ways. Saying this was just business, and a smart move by Preston is just trolling or going above and beyond trying to be objective. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1