Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen are available at 12

Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield are both available at 12  

181 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals want a 1st and 2nd round pick for #12, do you move up?

• Yes for Allen.
    • Yes for Mayfield.
    • No, stay put.

I’d do it for either.  Preferably Allen.  Upside much higher, but I feel baker is such a talented passer that he has a higher floor.  I’ll take the upside in this scenario but would also be very happy with Baker. That Wyoming team was epically bad and it wasn’t because of him.  We could put together a team via TSW signup that could beat his teammates.  Eager to see how he progresses.  I’m defintely not all in on him, he needs lots of work, but he can be a shiny toy if he improves on his weaknesses.  We’d only be so lucky as to only have to give up an additional 2nd to get him though.  

Can’t see it happening as much as I’d like him.  I feel that Mason Ruuuuuppph will be a buffalo bill.  Thus hurting McBeanes stock in my eyes.  I pray he’s taken before the 21st pick and my worst fear is trading up for him.  A slightly better version of Landry Jones imo.  Ugh.  I love me some McBeane at the moment.  I’m all in.  Drafting him would be a shot to the heart at this point but I understand why they’d take him.  Feels like an Ej pick.  Take the guy you feel is the best QB available.....even if he’s not very good and unworthy of a 1st rd pick

Edited by NewEra

Yes, but I strongly doubt either of these guys make it out of the top 8 picks. There are 4 teams in the top 10 that need QBs desperately and the rest of the teams would probably love to trade down, acquire draft capital and draft a good player because they don't need a QB and see the opportunity to fleece someone. My guess is we see QBs go 1-2 and then there will be a bidding war to jump in front of the Jets and the Broncos at 3 & 4. Both picks could very well be traded. Best case scenario for us if Cousins doesn't wind up here is for him to sign with Denver so we can trade to 5 and jump the Jets for Mayfield.  

Edited by ndirish1978

I want the one who likes bleu cheese and ONLY blue cheese. No more ranch lovers!

But yeah to move up for one 1st and our later 2nd would be a great move. Preferably our first and maybe a second and third next year?  We need lots of new blood on the team this year. 

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes for Mayfield!

Why? Just because he can hit the broad side of a barn on a regular basis? What does that have to do with playing QB in the NFL? The big strong guy who throws like EJ........never mind.....

22 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Interesting how opinions differ.  I like Josh Allen.

I like him, when he’s “good Josh”. Unfortunately, I’ve seen a bit much of “bad Josh”, and it concerns me. 

This could be a make or break decision for this regime. 

I am not a fan of giving anything away to get Mayfield. If he is there when the Bills pick and they like him, great. I don’t know the young man and will admit I watched him closely in just the Rose Bowl. I saw a QB who has talent but when the UGA defense switched fronts and got him uneasy he didn’t play great at all. Mayfield will need to adjust to the professional game. The just wing it style doesn’t work for long in the NFL. 

Nope.  I am interested in winning next year.  None of the rookie QBs are capable of carrying a team deep into the playoffs (or probably into the playoffs at all).  In general, in order for a rookie QB to lead a team deep into the playoffs, he needs a TEAM around him.  This was the model Big Ben played a key role in bringing an SB win to Pitt.  We should use our 21st and 22nd and our 2- 2nd rounders to build a team capable of going deep in the playoffs even with a journeyman vet at QB which we should be able to sign from FA.

Trading away our 1st rounders (+) to get an allegedly franchise rookie would likely be at most a sugar rush some less-informed fans will get all foamy about, but my sense is Beane/McD will be smart enough to build the team the right way for the long haul.

Tyrod was a great bridge who proved capable of leading this team to the playoffs, but it is very unlikely he can lead the tteam deep into the playoffs.

Time to get a new bridge capable of leading/managing this team to the next step. 

If we cannot develop Peterman or a later round pick into being our franchise QB, then consider trading up to get a franchise QB in 2019 to be the part to put this team over the top like Big Ben did for Pitts.

The panic and poor training that saw McD  potentially ruin Peterman's development rushing him to start in his 5 INT game gives a pretty clear indicator this team is not yet up to training a young QB.

Trading up for a QB is likely a waste for this team.

No. Doing so you lose one potential starter. Mayfield is no lock to be quality NFL starter, cocky and short is no way to go through life.  Allen is all potential.  If either are there at 21 or 22, then consider it.  With as many holes and emerging holes that our roster has, I am going to maximize what we get out of this draft.  Losing a pick for either of those two QB's is not a good decision. 

If anything I would trade down one of our first picks, draft Mike White in the second round and gain a pick in the process.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

Yes for: 

Roquan

Smith 

LB Georgia.

This...and honestly, if the Bills trade up at all I think it WILL be for someone like Roquan Smith and NOT a QB.  

More importantly, both Josh Allen and Baker are probably going in the top 10.  So I don't think either will be on the board at 12.  If one of those QB's are there, no way Bills can trade just 1 of our firsts and 1 of our 2nds.  Too much competition.  But if the 4 QB's go top 10 like a lot of people believe, then trading to 12 gets a lot cheaper and this trade package makes sense.  

I would love to see us give up one of 2nds to move up for Roquan.  Of course, if a QB they covet is there at 12 and we can get there this cheap, then take the QB.  But I think we have to get in the top 10 to get a QB and it will 100% take both our first rounders to probably do so, and probably more than that.  And I just don't see Beane paying that price.  

Trade #21 and a 2nd for Roquan, use #22 on Mason or Lamar would be a better plan to me than paying way too much to get high enough to grab one of the big 4.  But you never know, one or two QB's can start to slip too making it more feasible.  

8 minutes ago, simool said:

No. Doing so you lose one potential starter. Mayfield is no lock to be quality NFL starter, cocky and short is no way to go through life.  Allen is all potential.  If either are there at 21 or 22, then consider it.  With as many holes and emerging holes that our roster has, I am going to maximize what we get out of this draft.  Losing a pick for either of those two QB's is not a good decision. 

If anything I would trade down one of our first picks, draft Mike White in the second round and gain a pick in the process.

So a few more years of hoping for the best at QB.