Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen are available at 12

Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield are both available at 12  

181 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals want a 1st and 2nd round pick for #12, do you move up?

• Yes for Allen.
    • Yes for Mayfield.
    • No, stay put.

29 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

So a few more years of hoping for the best at QB. 

You will be doing the same thing by drafting Allen or Mayfield, only losing a pick in the process.  White has every bit of the upside that Allen does, and unlike Mayfield he is built like an NFL QB.  I hear the comparisons of Mayfield to Wilson and it is all BS.  Mayfield played against Big 12 defenses, Wilson played against Big 10.  Wilson has elite mobility, Mayfield does not have Elite anything.  Name the last Big 12 QB that was a franchise QB.  Big 12 has not played defense for going on 10 years now.

56 minutes ago, simool said:

You will be doing the same thing by drafting Allen or Mayfield, only losing a pick in the process.  White has every bit of the upside that Allen does, and unlike Mayfield he is built like an NFL QB.  I hear the comparisons of Mayfield to Wilson and it is all BS.  Mayfield played against Big 12 defenses, Wilson played against Big 10.  Wilson has elite mobility, Mayfield does not have Elite anything.  Name the last Big 12 QB that was a franchise QB.  Big 12 has not played defense for going on 10 years now.

Mayfield has shown he’s a qualified passer. High accuracy, movement in the pocket and ability to run progressions and throw with anticipation.on top of that he has the intagables you look for, ability to learn and grow, lives and breathes football and elevates the players around him.  He’s a legit top 10 talent. There is always risk but at some point you have to pull the trigger.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sven233 said:

Mayfield isn't making it out of the top 10......probably the top 5.

It isn't a sure thing. People said the same thing about Aaron Rodgers. 

We don't know what's going to happen. We just don't. We can make educated guesses and some things are near certain, like that Darnold and Rosen are unlikely to make it out of the top eight. But stuff could happen.

1 hour ago, simool said:

Conferences don't matter. They just don't. Was a Delaware Blue Hen going to win the Super Bowl? Or a Northern Iowa Panther? Not until they did. 

Those trends last only till they're broken.

11 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

#22 and the Rams second for Allen.  Nothing more.  Otherwise sit back and rebuild the front 7

Don't sit, for God's sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we don't trade up and there's nobody we like there, please, please, please, trade this year's first for a next year's first and some extra booty. Hopefully with a team likely to suck next year.

I’m apparently one of the few but I’m anti Baker. 

Short, has struggled on tight window throws, has turned the ball over when facing quality opponents. The arrest, the flag plant, the crotch grab. I’m not saying missing bowl media obligations and senior bowl weigh in wasn’t for legitimate reasons, but there’s a non-zero chance there’s something else going on. Add it all up and it’s a package that flames out spectacularly more often than not. 

12 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

But I don’t see a scenario where Mayfield would be available at 12.  Bills, at best, are looking at choosing between Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph - if they are lucky.

Same, as he is gone by pick six IMO. 

#1 Cleveland=NEED, Sam Darnold

#2 NY Giants=NEED, Josh Rosen

# 3Indy

#4 Cleveland

#5 Denver=NEED, Josh Allen

#6 NY Jets=NEED, Baker Mayfield

-

#13 Washington- Cousins gone=NEED, Lamar Jackson

-#15 Arizona=NEED, Mason Rudolph

The Bills will need to trade up to # 3 or 4 to get a QB not named Rosen/ Darnold.

The Miami Dolphins FO has even stated that if the BPA @ #11 is a QB they will take one. Besides Miami, the Ravens, Chargers, Steelers, Saints, Jags, Vikings, Patriots could all be looking for a QB.

On a side note, just think the Browns offered the Patriots one of their first rounds picks for Garappolo and they turned them down.

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’d do it for either.  Preferably Allen.  Upside much higher, but I feel baker is such a talented passer that he has a higher floor.  I’ll take the upside in this scenario but would also be very happy with Baker. That Wyoming team was epically bad and it wasn’t because of him.  We could put together a team via TSW signup that could beat his teammates.  Eager to see how he progresses.  I’m defintely not all in on him, he needs lots of work, but he can be a shiny toy if he improves on his weaknesses.  We’d only be so lucky as to only have to give up an additional 2nd to get him though.  

Can’t see it happening as much as I’d like him.  I feel that Mason Ruuuuuppph will be a buffalo bill.  Thus hurting McBeanes stock in my eyes.  I pray he’s taken before the 21st pick and my worst fear is trading up for him.  A slightly better version of Landry Jones imo.  Ugh.  I love me some McBeane at the moment.  I’m all in.  Drafting him would be a shot to the heart at this point but I understand why they’d take him.  Feels like an Ej pick.  Take the guy you feel is the best QB available.....even if he’s not very good and unworthy of a 1st rd pick

When he has had the chance, Landry Jones hasn't looked bad.

9 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Short, has struggled on tight window throws, has turned the ball over when facing quality opponents. The arrest, the flag plant, the crotch grab. I’m not saying missing bowl media obligations and senior bowl weigh in wasn’t for legitimate reasons, but there’s a non-zero chance there’s something else going on. Add it all up and it’s a package that flames out spectacularly more often than not. 

Same height as Brees, Most accurate Senior when throwing into tight windows, 8TDs and 1 int this year when playing against teams that finished in the top 10, the arrest was far less significant than Dion Dawkins' last year, his antics point to him being a fiery competitor. 

10 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Same height as Brees, Most accurate Senior when throwing into tight windows, 8TDs and 1 int this year when playing against teams that finished in the top 10, the arrest was far less significant than Dion Dawkins' last year, his antics point to him being a fiery competitor. 

Tom Brady was the best all time and went in the 6th round, why take a QB before then?

Qualifying guys based upon clear exceptions is a fools errand.  People are entitled to their opinions, I see enough things that add up to a red flag.  There were people on this board who wanted Manziel and there were plenty who wanted nothing to do with Watson.  

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Tom Brady was the best all time and went in the 6th round, why take a QB before then?

Qualifying guys based upon clear exceptions is a fools errand.  People are entitled to their opinions, I see enough things that add up to a red flag.  There were people on this board who wanted Manziel and there were plenty who wanted nothing to do with Watson.  

I posted facts not in my last post, no opinions.  

8 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

I posted facts not in my last post, no opinions.  

Interpreting his antics is not a fact.  You can say they point to a fiery competitor, I can say they point to a moron without the emotional intelligence to be a franchise QB.  Neither take is any more factual.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Interpreting his antics is not a fact.  You can say they point to a fiery competitor, I can say they point to a moron without the emotional intelligence to be a franchise QB.  Neither take is any more factual.

It's quite obvious that he is a fiery competitor, its clearly visible on the sidelines, his coaches and teammates have also said as much. 

11 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Did you see Tony Grossi’s column? 

14 hours ago, simool said:

No. Doing so you lose one potential starter. Mayfield is no lock to be quality NFL starter, cocky and short is no way to go through life.  Allen is all potential.  If either are there at 21 or 22, then consider it.  With as many holes and emerging holes that our roster has, I am going to maximize what we get out of this draft.  Losing a pick for either of those two QB's is not a good decision. 

If anything I would trade down one of our first picks, draft Mike White in the second round and gain a pick in the process.

So u don't mind wasting 2nd rd pks. Mike White is garbage. 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did you see Tony Grossi’s column? 

I just did.  

I'm not ready to compare the two off the field as I think there were real substance abuse and entitlement issues with Johnny Football.  It's easy to individually dismiss the items with Baker being minor, but when you start stacking things up, it's concerning, especially when you are talking about a significant draft investment (although I'm not convinced he doesn't see a JF type slide down the draft board).

4 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

# 3Indy

#4 Cleveland

-

The Bills will need to trade up to # 3 or 4 to get a QB not named Rosen/ Darnold.

The Miami Dolphins FO has even stated that if the BPA @ #11 is a QB they will take one. Besides Miami, the Ravens, Chargers, Steelers, Saints, Jags, Vikings, Patriots could all be looking for a QB.

On a side note, just think the Browns offered the Patriots one of their first rounds picks for Garappolo and they turned them down.

Name me one time 5 QBs went in the top 15. I can't think of one time that's happened.

18 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Name me one time 5 QBs went in the top 15. I can't think of one time that's happened.

No need as this could be a first. All those teams could be looking for a QB this year and that is nearly half the teams in the league. Count'em up as that's 14/15 teams. I suspect that there could be as many as six or more QB's taken in the first round this year and those six could be in the first fifteen depending on what transpires in free agency. 

Check out what a writer for the NFL thinks 12 teams with QB needs this year, Cleveland, Giants, Broncos, Jets that's four in the first ten. Four In the next 10, Bengals, Redskins, Cardinals, Chargers and the Miami FO has stated that they will go BPA and should that player be a QB they will take him. It has also been noted that the Ravens are looking at QB's. 

In the next ten, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Patriots and should the Jags move on from Bortles. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855915/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-team-needs-nos-2132

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

No need as this could be a first. All those teams could be looking for a QB this year and that is nearly half the teams in the league. Count'em up as that's 14/15 teams. I suspect that there could be as many as six or more QB's taken in the first round this year and those six could be in the first fifteen depending on what transpires in free agency. 

Check out what a writer for the NFL thinks 12 teams with QB needs this year, Cleveland, Giants, Broncos, Jets that's four in the first ten. Four In the next 10, Bengals, Redskins, Cardinals, Chargers and the Miami FO has stated that they will go BPA and should that player be a QB they will take him. It has also been noted that the Ravens are looking at QB's. 

In the next ten, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Patriots and should the Jags move on from Bortles. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855915/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-team-needs-nos-2132

I think you're projecting our needs onto other teams. There will be elite players at other positions that will push some QBs down the board. I'm not sold on Rudolph, Mayfield and Allen as top 10 QBs. It's very possible that the #3 QB is available at 12.

12 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

People get sick. His mom is sick currently which is why he missed the senior bowl weigh ins (which he did the next morning, oh the horror)

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The important thing to point out is no one ever grows up or gets more mature.

Baker literally cried at the podium when told he wouldnt be a captain after the crotch grab. That was all i needed to see.

He is going to be an absolute star

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

# 3Indy

#4 Cleveland

-

The real kicker is the AJ McCarron trade falling through.  The Browns traded a 2 and 3 for McCarron.  Imagine them sitting with pick 1 and 4, just having traded a chunk of their pick depth for McCarron and taking Kizer with a 2nd the previous year.

But it also stands to reason some of these teams may not see much of a difference between the #2 or #3 QB on their board and the #6 QB on their board and are willing to use the top 10 pick on a blue chip position player and hoping for their #6 QB later in the draft.  QBs are a tough thing to judge, for every Bortles or Gabbert that go surprisingly high, you've got Teddy Bridgewater, DeSean Watson, Geno Smith, etc that go way later than people projected, especially in January. 

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Mike White is garbage. 

Groomed by head coach Mike Stanford, who coached Andrew Luck at Stanford before stops at Boise State and Notre Dame, White passed for 4,177 yards, 26 touchdowns and eight picks this past season despite taking 44 sacks. A year prior, the 6-foot-4, 225-pound quarterback threw for 4,363 yards (67.3 completion percentage) with 37 touchdowns and seven picks. ~link

Here is an interview with Sanford prior to the season... ~link

He showed good accuracy last season as his adjusted completion percentage of 78.2 percent ranked third among 87 quarterbacks with at least 350 drop backs. His accuracy translated downfield as well, as he earned the highest adjusted accuracy percentage (60.5 percent) on throws of 20 or more yards. His passer rating of 122.3 on deep throws was the third highest in college football. ~link

It was fun to see what Mike White could do when he wasn’t playing behind Western Kentucky’s porous offensive line. He showed off his strong arm during practices this week and delivered the ball with accuracy. It would be nice to see him throw with a bit more anticipation, but he has a strong week. His best throw came on Wednesday with his tight end running a corner route. White came off his first read and put perfect touch on the pass between a few defenders and it led to a touchdown. There’s a shot White could come off the board on day two, and he’s certainly a name to watch in Buffalo.  ~link

Many people who know a hell of a lot more about NFL football than you disagree with your assessment. Way to break it down for us.

Edited by simool

3 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

bizarre mayfield  is listed at 6 2 though....brees is really about 5 11. That said I like Brees and Mayfield a lot.

Bills need a QB..you do whatever it takes to get the best one  you can or we are looking at many years of this same BS team/franchise

Edited by Tcali

16 minutes ago, Tcali said:

bizarre mayfield  is listed at 6 2 though....brees is really about 5 11. That said I like Brees and Mayfield a lot.

Bills need a QB..you do whatever it takes to get the best one  you can or we are looking at many years of this same BS team/franchise

Pretty sure Mayfield just measured at 6' 3/8". So he is at least an inch taller than Brees.

44 minutes ago, simool said:

Here is an interview with Sanford prior to the season... ~link

Many people who know a hell of a lot more about NFL football than you disagree with your assessment. Way to break it down for us.

Tim Tebow had good stats throwing down the field in college.  Actually probably the easiest passes to make considering how open wrs get on that level. I watched some film of White and although i agree he has a strong arm.  He struggled badly going to 2nd and 3rd reads and under pressure. He also lacks anticipation skills. I think he's a 3rd day player. 

7 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Tim Tebow had good stats throwing down the field in college.  Actually probably the easiest passes to make considering how open wrs get on that level. I watched some film of White and although i agree he has a strong arm.  He struggled badly going to 2nd and 3rd reads and under pressure. He also lacks anticipation skills. I think he's a 3rd day player. 

You must have not watched must tape there ace.  If you had, you would have known his offensive line was probably the worst in D1 college ball.  Many times he did not have enough time to make a 2nd read, let alone a third.  Which is what the last quote of my post links to.  You are the first time I have ever heard that Mike White has eye problems. It's a wonder you are not working for an NFL team.