Turn NE Games Off

9 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Lol, some of this is funny. 

How about we talk about the titans inability to move the ball, they couldnt run, they couldnt convert 3rd downs. They got out coached, out played and took a beating on the field. Yet some how you think the decker call and whatever other bad call was the diffrence in the game. 

Tennessee was never winning this game. It just wasnt happening. They where not a good football team. 

They do play by the same rules, you just need an excuse to taint greatness.

Sad really

Might as well stop watching

That's not the point as the Pats are obviously a much better team.  Brady and Belichick are the GOAT no question. 

The point is game after game they seem to get all the questionable calls go their way at critical moments.  When it becomes a pattern it makes you wonder.  I'm trying to decipher that the refs, being human beings, tend to give the calls to great players or teams (like the NBA refs favoring MJ) especially when they play at home, or they have a more nefarious agenda such as rigging the game to the Pats advantage.  My rational side tells me it's the former and if it was rigged they wouldn't make it so fricken obvious.  However, after them giving the Pats a first down after waiving off a false start on a punt when the game is still in question lends evidence to the latter.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I watched it.  But it was gross.  The Titans TD catch in the fist half the dude had to catch it with one hand because the Patsies** DB was holding his other arm. No flag.

Calls against Titans in first half were HUGE.  Nullifying a big first down and giving the Patsies** a free first down after the refs changed their mind.  The refs call a few inconsequential ones on Patsies** like on first down, or they start after punt 5 yards back just to make it look fair.  Even Tony Romo was figuring it out.  He even called out the "Gillette Clock" Nice of the clock operator to stop the clock before the guy called time out.

I'm tellin' ya, they're tainted.  I have ZERO respect for their "greatness". If they had to play by the same rules as everyone else, they'd be about 1/2 as good as they are IMHO. 

Whatever. Hopefully Bill Bellyache quits soon and we can get back to real football in the AFC EAst and NFL in general.

I believe they won at least 2 games like this this year.  And then the refs stole KBs TD.

Yeah, that clock deal at the end of the half was ridiculous.  4, 3, 2, 1 ................ Timeout!  At least it was karma that Gostkowski missed the kick.

7 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Shut it off after the penalty reversal to a neutral zone infraction from false start. Total joke, and obvious bias after the phantom opi on Decker. Steelers are last hope as I decided I won't watch another Pats* SB after the SEA and ATL brain farts that gave NE championships . 

BINGO!!! That was the last straw. WTF. I watched the end of the drive and then turned it off.

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I believe they won at least 2 games like this this year.  And then the refs stole KBs TD.

I think it's 4 outright criminal wins

Jets - No TD call that would have won it.

Steelers- No TD

Bills KB

Chargers

Probably another 3-4 aided by bad calls at bad times to give the Pats momentum or take it from the opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I watched it.  But it was gross.  The Titans TD catch in the fist half the dude had to catch it with one hand because the Patsies** DB was holding his other arm. No flag.

Calls against Titans in first half were HUGE.  Nullifying a big first down and giving the Patsies** a free first down after the refs changed their mind.  The refs call a few inconsequential ones on Patsies** like on first down, or they start after punt 5 yards back just to make it look fair.  Even Tony Romo was figuring it out.  He even called out the "Gillette Clock" Nice of the clock operator to stop the clock before the guy called time out.

I'm tellin' ya, they're tainted.  I have ZERO respect for their "greatness". If they had to play by the same rules as everyone else, they'd be about 1/2 as good as they are IMHO. 

Whatever. Hopefully Bill Bellyache quits soon and we can get back to real football in the AFC EAst and NFL in general.

Sort of 3, if you count the game winning drive against the Texans. Cooks caught a TD pass to cap off the drive that was exactly the same catch as the TD they overturned for the Steelers. If I'm not mistaken he caught it, toe tapped in the end zone and then dropped it on the way to the ground, so it did not "survive the ground". 

Refs magically got the call right when the Steelers did it, after incorrectly overturning a Jets game winning TD and calling one back on a bs OPI call against the Chargers, as well as overturning Benjamins catch for no good reason. At least KBs mystery overturn was before the half, and not at the end of the game. 

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, the '17 Cheats are the worst 13-3 football team I've seen in my over 20 years of being around the sport. Should have been 10-6, easily could have been 9-7/8-8 with proper officiating. 

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

BINGO!!! That was the last straw. WTF. I watched the end of the drive and then turned it off.

Steelers- No TD

Bills KB

Chargers

Probably another 3-4 aided by bad calls at bad times to give the Pats momentum or take it from the opponent.

Cooks losing ball on last second "td" vs texans

2 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Yeah, that clock deal at the end of the half was ridiculous.  4, 3, 2, 1 ................ Timeout!  At least it was karma that Gostkowski missed the kick.

That was the longest 1 second ever.  it was almost like time travel.  Maybe the NFL needs to do what the NHL does with using off ice officials from other cities?  As for the on-field officials there is certainly a bias at play and for some reason the officials seems to be intimidated or afraid to call the game straight with Brady/Belichik.  

After seeing this I decided the Saints are the only team that might beat them.  I expect the Vikings would crap the bed as the 'home' SB teams and the Eagles w/o Wentz are not the same team.  NE has had the Steelers number for quite some time, they don't match up well on defense against Brady, and why expect anything to change next Sunday?   Jags have no offense.  Brees might be the only QB left that can put up enough points and the Saints defense has been good lately too. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
wording
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, mead107 said:

Review should be done in real time not frame by frame. 

IMO only plays like determining the spot of the ball or whether someone is in bounds should be done frame by frame. They completely bungled the whole catch fiasco.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I'm very happy to see more people coming to this conclusion.  I've been saying it for years.  I made a thread exacyly like this one a few years ago, trying to get everyone to boycott pats games.  I didn't get as warm as a reception as you are, which is nice to see

21 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I have been boycotting NE games for a few years now including Superbowls. I will not watch them at all.

Me too.  The first pats game I watch in two years was the 2nd half of the Steelers game.  I was quickly reminded why I stopped watching that rigged crap of a team

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I'm very happy to see more people coming to this conclusion.  I've been saying it for years.  I made a thread exacyly like this one a few years ago, trying to get everyone to boycott pats games.  I didn't get as warm as a reception as you are, which is nice to see

The problem isn't getting Bills fans on a message board to stop watching Pats games. That's easy. Get the ball rolling on all of the big social media fronts with fans from all teams taking part and then you might have something. Imagine Facebook, Instagram and Twitter all blowing up over a Patriots boycott. Word things right and don't make it sound like it's coming from a Bills fan and you have the makings of something big. You would see the NFL do a 180 in a heartbeat because in the end it's all about money. Until there's an uprising by the masses and ratings go way down, there will be more of the same. Of course if that were to happen and the Patriots started to get an equal amount of calls against them as the other teams do, there would be no doubt that the NFL is fixed.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, mead107 said:

Review should be done in real time not frame by frame. 

Great suggestion - I'm on board with that.   If a play requires frame by frame study, the original call should be upheld. 

I don't believe for a second that there's any fix in with officials but I do truly believe there is a definite hugh referee bias.  NE hardly ever gets routine holding or blocks in the back.  It also seems like they get way too many calls in their favor on crucial plays especially drive continuing calls offensively and defensively.  

I believe there is bias in every decision people make subtle, overt or otherwise. I also believe that coaches, players access that bias by complaining about certain things to the ref. I believe the refs study teams and player tendencies and often look at what has been called in the past and what they should call in an upcoming game. This by nature creates bias by the fact when they are officiating they are merely confirming in their heads what they are expecting to see. It's really the reason that coaches complain to refs before and during games about specific plays. Throw that in with a replay system that essentially sucks against a team that researches ways to interpret rules to their satisfaction or has run analytics to determine that if they hold, push off, run an illegal pick etc... It will only get called a certain percentage of the time and you get our NFL. That being said the NFL is just not consistent in how it is officiated. (except for holding during the punt calls). There are tons of other things that go into the poor officiating. As Bills fans we feel like we get hosed a lot and I actually think we do. Pryor to some prominent teams getting hosed too we always get viewed as whiners etc... Now, I finally think the others see the disparity and inconsistency that we have seen playing New England. When you have little margin for error and are the underdog one bad call can turn the game for New England. Then you get beat by 2 or 3 touchdowns and somebody says that call really didn't impact the outcome. Which in reality you can't say because you just don't know that to be true.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Watched fiirst half of NE game...I've had enough of refs helping keep NE drives alive, and pushing them through every game.  It's starting to feel like WWF out there.  I'm not watching another game with NE in it, which probably means I'm skipping out on the SB. Ill still watch Pitt game tmrw, and NFC games, but I'm done handing that team even one viewer.

I doubt it will add up to much, but if you're tired of pre-determined outcomes, everyone should turn these games off.

I did the same. 

But here's a notion: why not write to Goodell and tell him what you've done and why?

Put it that the league has a real problem with consistent and fair officiating, and with allowing apparent conflicts of interest in the background of refs, which is making the games unwatchable to many fans and turning them off - which in turn, leads them to turn the games off.

If everyone would do this, maybe Goodell would 'get the flick'

29 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

When they called the Titans for pass interference on Gronk who had clearly pushed off but previously called offensive pass interference against Decker who had actually beat Bulter because he fell for an inside move I turned the TV off.  I knew what was up.

Yep.

5 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Steelers- No TD

Bills KB

Chargers

The Patriots lead the league in receiving first downs from a penalty.

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Me too.  The first pats game I watch in two years was the 2nd half of the Steelers game.  I was quickly reminded why I stopped watching that rigged crap of a team

Image result for steelers td overturned  Had to get that home field advantage for Bob.$$$$$

I get what the OP is saying. The  commentators constant love in with all things Patriots like Kraft (the greatest owner and philanthropist, possibly greatest human ever), BB (the greatest coach and most misunderstood genius) and Brady (GOAT QB etc etc etc) is now beyond nauseating.  Even the fact that Romo has started to call Brady "Tom" just like the fawning of Dan Dierdorf for all those years is disturbing.  We've also had to endure this crap for 17 years now. Way more than any fan can stand.  Add to this the obvious bias towards the Pats by the officials . Yes I can understand wanting not to watch. But for me its the opposite.  I will still keep watching all the games even the Pats ones not because of all the nauseating things but for the possibility of those golden moments when some cosmic justice prevails: the Ravens 2009 crushing of the Pats, the 2 Giants SB victories, the Broncos smothering of the Pats 2 years ago.  Just the possibility of seeing Brady's comeuppance or a humiliating loss is enough for me to tune in. The bottom line is this, we are so far into this Pats dynasty that it has to be close to the end.  One devastating hit on Brady and it will be over. He is on borrowed time right now and he cannot maintain this forever.  I sure as hell want to tune in to see this juggernaut derailed when it happens.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Watched fiirst half of NE game...I've had enough of refs helping keep NE drives alive, and pushing them through every game.  It's starting to feel like WWF out there.  I'm not watching another game with NE in it, which probably means I'm skipping out on the SB. Ill still watch Pitt game tmrw, and NFC games, but I'm done handing that team even one viewer.

I doubt it will add up to much, but if you're tired of pre-determined outcomes, everyone should turn these games off.

I'm way ahead of you ... Between this season and last I've watched the patriots twice, both times against the Bills. Last years Super Bowl was the first one I didn't watch since I was a kid and didn't care about the NFL.

31 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe because not all us of wear tinfoil hats. ;)

You don't have ti have a tinfoil hat to see bias.

But let's pretend for the sake of argument that they never cheated, or more to your point of view there was never any accusations of cheating, destroying evidence, ref bias, etc. I still wouldn't watch them play. They are the enemy, and the only tv footage I would watch is if their plane crashed.

I love all the people who say they won't watch the SB if the Pats are in.  I call bull ****.  What football fan doesn't want to watch the league championship game.  Why wouldn't you watch and cheer for the team playing the Pats?  Just a reminder...they have lost the Super Bowl previously in the BB/TB era.  ;)