The last time the Bills were in the playoffs...

DC Tom

Last time the Bills were in the playoffs was:                                 Here goes nothin, & I do mean nothin.

1. Dinasaours  stil roamed parts of the earth.

2. Cell phones were as large as shoe boxes.

3. Roy Moore was cruisin the Twin Fair store in Lockport looking for "a date." (See # 1 above.)

4.  A "super bowl" was something George Carlin did before going on stage.

5. The British still had possession of Fort Niagara.

6. The Rockpile was still................well,  The Rockpile.

7. Rex Ryan was a 6th grader picking his nose in science class. (again, see #1)

8. A Super Bowl had a different meaning at SUNY New Palz.

Told ya it was nothin.   Congratulations coach McDowell and the Buffalo Bills!  This feels great!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Most people had a computer

Everybody had a home phone.  Some had two lines.  One for voice and one for dialup internet

In 1999!? I worked as a programmer (let me solve your non-existent Y2K problem with my excellent COBOL and FORTRAN skills!), and I have to say that not all that many people had home computers in 1999 - they were still quite costly and that newfangled internet thingy was something people were not quite sure about.

And yes, people had a home phone (landline) ... but they do not today. As I understand it, this thread is about what people were doing/had/didn't have in 1999 as opposed to 2017, and how times have changed. :)

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

In 1999!? I worked as a programmer (let me solve your non-existent Y2K problem with my excellent COBOL and FORTRAN skills!), and I have to say that not all that many people had home computers in 1999 - they were still quite costly and that newfangled internet thingy was something people were not quite sure about.

And yes, people had a home phone (landline) ... but they do not today. As I understand it, this thread is about what people were doing/had/didn't have in 1999 as opposed to 2017, and how times have changed. :)

By the late 90s most people I knew had a home PC.  Some people had a second phone line for their dialup

I watched the home run throwback game in an American sports bar in Antigua, Guatemala while travelling through Central America in 1999/2000. The sparse crowd in there was mostly indifferent to either team. As a Bills fan I was loudly cheering for the Bills by myself much to the amusement of a sympathetic Jets fan at the next table. When the Bills went up on the Christie FG I was elated, only to be crushed seconds later. When the Bengals scored yesterday it was like an orgasm of liberation for me from that terrible moment in that bar all those years ago! So awesome!

19 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I watched the home run throwback game in an American sports bar in Antigua, Guatemala while travelling through Central America in 1999/2000. The sparse crowd in there was mostly indifferent to either team. As a Bills fan I was loudly cheering for the Bills by myself much to the amusement of a sympathetic Jets fan at the next table. When the Bills went up on the Christie FG I was elated, only to be crushed seconds later. When the Bengals scored yesterday it was like an orgasm of liberation for me from that terrible moment in that bar all those years ago! So awesome!

I went nuts over the TD but, remembering the MCM, my joy was quickly tempered by the 0:44 still on the clock. It wasn't until the last play that I let myself truly enjoy the moment.

Edited by WhoTom

Cross-post from another thread: My wife and I were seniors in college and had just begun dating exclusively in ‘99. We used to watch the games in her apartment, broke as ****, scrounging money for pizza, wings and crappy beer.  We’ve since lived in three states, been married 12 years, have two kids and are proud season ticket holders. 

Lots of laughter and tears over here tonight. 

It’s a good day. 

• Like (+1) 3

The last time the Bills were in the playoffs, the Bills won the game but were screwed over by the officials.

My two kids were not born.  Although I have not had a lot of luck with my sports teams, I am the luckiest guy in the world being the father of my two sons.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1