The last time the Bills were in the playoffs...

DC Tom

I was 13 doing community service for Confirmation with my mom, painting the inside of a house while the Bills vs Titans game was on. When Steve Christie kicked that FG I ran around cheering. Seconds later was the only time I cried tears for a football game.

I'm not 31, married, and half the country away. But while celebrating my mom's birthday out at dinner with a bunch of friends & family while watching the Bengals game I realized this was the first time I've watched a game with my mom since that day! No joke... My mom didn't watch football, and even though the family is all Redskins fans (born & raised in VA), she roots for the Bills for me. 

And after that game, I went to sports bars with my dad so I could watch the Bills while he watched the Skins. Then we moved to Texas, and tradition continued until I was old enough to drive & find a Bills Backers Bar in Dallas. Eventually I moved across the state, and watch them on Sunday Ticket. But going back to Dallas to celebrate was the first time my mom & I watched football together since the Music City "Miracle" and suddenly we're in the playoffs! So I consider her the reason the curse is broken :)

Did anyone mention the movie 

On Any Given Sunday came out that year?  

I saw that on NFLN.   The show was 

NFL Turning Point.   

If you get a chance watch or record it.  

A thing of beauty.   A recap covering the Bills game followed by the Ravens game.  

I choked up watching the Bills tearing up in the locker room.  

54 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The last time the Bills were in the playoffs, DC Tom was on his second date of all time with a woman.

He was on his third last Sunday, right after the Dolphins game ended.

Mere coincidence?!?!

Not true...but closer to true than I care to admit...

The drought ending might have just been some fluke luck but it gets the monkey off this teams back and gets rid of some stigma. Now if they actually manage to win a playoff game then that could be huge, only the Bengals and Browns I believe have longer streaks of not winning a playoff game. 

On 1/3/2018 at 9:10 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Las time the Bills were in the playoffs I was going in to my first year of high school.

Since then, I got married, moved 3 times and now am a father to 2 amazing kids

Second year of HS and only moved twice (the rest is the same) but yea, a lot has happened since they were last in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Billsmisery said:

Still so crazy this is happening. Tomorrow is such a huge game for us. I think we can win. 

We definitely have a chance.  As they always say...Once you are in the playoffs anything can happen.  Go BILLS!

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I just have to comment on how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bills' current uniforms! It's tough to look at those dark blue yoke unis... Yeech! 

I was a high school freshman. I'm now 35 starting my own business. And I still look like I'm 25. WWE was still the WWF with Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. Shawn Michaels can still wrestle. I just got a Playstation 2. The Chicago Bulls just finished their Jordan/Pippen dynasty. Shaq and Kobe were in the early beginnings of their run. The economy was good.

Napster and Limewire were in their primes. The Simpsons were great. No cell phone. No HD TV.  No iPOD.