The last time the Bills were in the playoffs...

DC Tom

6 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

My son was 3.

my daughter was 1.

I watched the last playoff game by my self.  When the titans scored I took a phone off my bar and threw it against the ground many times....  I then took that phone and threw it in the backyard!  Chucked it!  At the end of the night,   brought my dog in.....attached to her run was the phone.....she dragged it back in the house.

Thats my memory.  

Funny (in a sick way), but I was with my boys watching the titans game. They still talk about how we had it in the bag, but I just kept walking in and out of the room saying “it’s not over, it’s not over.” 

My wife was 5 months pregnant with my son, who is now a Senior in high school and never seen a Bills playoff game. Thankful that we'll get to watch at least one together before he is off to college.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

* I had just move to CT for a job

* All of my immediate family was still with us (half of eight are now gone)

* Steve Jobs had just returned to Apple Computer, the iMac was in its infancy and running Mac OS 9

* Two beloved dogs and three beloved cats ago

* I was driving a 1994 Chevy Blazer

* I actually knew some of the current songs on the radio

* What was the status of the old HyperBills website? Some time around this time was when it closed and I found the Stadium Wall. (Does anyone remember Greg D’ville?)

I was NINE. 

Im now 27, married, with a kid.

22 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I was 9 years old!!

Me too. Absolutely crazy! I was running around my house with my wife looking at me like I had 3 heads when Cinci scored that TD. That's the craziest thing about it...I was nine the last time we played a playoff game, this time I have a wife and kid ?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, McBean said:

I was 9.

I’m now 28, married, and expecting my first child in 2 months.

Congrats on the kiddo, man. The best part of today was my 2 1/2 year old running around screaming "BILLS WIN!!!!!" At the top of his lungs!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

Congrats on the kiddo, man. The best part of today was my 2 1/2 year old running around screaming "BILLS WIN!!!!!" At the top of his lungs!

The young ones bring such extreme joy! We had the 4 year old grand son for Christmas (albeit on the 23rd) and it made the day. Love the avatar! 

10 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I was NINE. 

Im now 27, married, with a kid.

Me too. Absolutely crazy! I was running around my house with my wife looking at me like I had 3 heads when Cinci scored that TD. That's the craziest thing about it...I was nine the last time we played a playoff game, this time I have a wife and kid ?

Sane here man!   Except i’m 30.

The Patriots had ZERO super bowl wins

The Colts were in the AFC East

The Houston Texans did not exist

9/11 hadn't happened – TSA did not exist

No Twitter, Facebook, Uber

No Xbox, let alone 360 or Xbox One; also no iPod

Buffalo was the 59th most populous city in the US (now 81st)

Last time the Bills were in the playoffs: as with many others who have posted, my son wasn't born yet (now 16 years old). And, the starting QB for that game (we all know it was Rob Johnson), is now the OC for my son's HS team and may be promoted to head coach since his father, Bob Johnson, just retired last month.

I'd never met my wife.

I was still an undergraduate.

I had no kids.

I still technically lived with my parents.

My grandfather was still alive.

I drove a maroon 1989 Pontiac Grand Am.

My sister was still in high school.

NONE of the students I've taught in the last 5 years had been born yet.

Jack Eichel was 3 years old.

You could still send a telegram.

Nobody knew what a hanging chad was.

Nobody knew who Osama bin Laden was.

Renting videos was still a thing.

HDTV was brand new.

38 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

The Patriots had ZERO super bowl wins

The Colts were in the AFC East

The Houston Texans did not exist

9/11 hadn't happened – TSA did not exist

No Twitter, Facebook, Uber

No Xbox, let alone 360 or Xbox One; also no iPod

Buffalo was the 59th most populous city in the US (now 81st)

Someone gets it at least. 

• Like (+1) 1

I had been working for the same company for 31 years, looking forward to retirement.  Then 9-11 happened in 2001, the company went CH-11 in 2002, I "retired" in 2003, and we lost a big piece of our pension in 2004 because the "bankrupt" company couldn't pay us what we earned and were promised.

The old bankrupt company "emerged" from bankruptcy, and are doing quite well now.  The retirees are another story!

The good news is that I found a new job in 2004, and retired from that in 2016, with a small, but very much appreciated pension, and now the BILLS are in the playoffs! .

34 minutes ago, papazoid said:

there were 9 planets

Recently formed....

5 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I had been working for the same company for 31 years, looking forward to retirement.  Then 9-11 happened in 2001, the company went CH-11 in 2002, I "retired" in 2003, and we lost a big piece of our pension in 2004 because the "bankrupt" company couldn't pay us what we earned and were promised.

The old bankrupt company "emerged" from bankruptcy, and are doing quite well now.  The retirees are another story!

The good news is that I found a new job in 2004, and retired from that in 2016, with a small, but very much appreciated pension, and now the BILLS are in the playoffs! .

Sorry for the rough patch. I know we felt that as well. Glad things seem to have worked out. Bills will play in JANUARY!  I like the new regime and feel that given time we can be seriously relevant, not just squeak in. 

My daughter was six months old. Now she’s a freshman coxswain at William Smith. She hates football, but that’s okay. 

My son, who bleeds Bills colors, was still three years away from being born. He’s a freshman in high school and I am so frickin’ happy for him because the Bills are in the playoffs. 

My wife and I had been married for a year and a half.  We will celebrate our 20th anniversary in August. 

I was a year and a half out of law school and still in my first post-law school job.  I’m on my fifth now, and this one finally took... i’ve been there seven years and will probably retire from it.  

I had just turned 30 seven months earlier.  In five months or so, I’ll be a year away from the big 5-0. 

A lot of water under that bridge.  Was it worth it?  Every second. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

•  People still had home phones
•  Cloud? What cloud? You saved stuff on a floppy... IF you had a computer!

Most people had a computer

Everybody had a home phone.  Some had two lines.  One for voice and one for dialup internet