The last time the Bills were in the playoffs...

DC Tom

I was 18. No kids. About to graduate high school. I'm now almost 36. Gray Beard. Gray hair. 

Have been to about 50 home and away games during the drought (while living in California). Haven't missed any of the 252 drought games. 

Have been married for 10 years with two kids. Just divorced the drought today and simultaneously booked my tickets to Jacksonville! What a day. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The young ones bring such extreme joy! We had the 4 year old grand son for Christmas (albeit on the 23rd) and it made the day. Love the avatar! 

Thanks man! Honestly, the little ones are all that really matter. As much as I love the Bills, at the end of the day, whether the Bills win or lose, seeing my little dude in his Bills gear is what it's all about!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:
  • I hadn't met my wife yet.
  • AOL was "the internet."
  • The iPod didn't even exist.
  • Bill Clinton was president.
  • The World Trade Center was still standing.

What else?

On the very day of the last playoff game my daughter turned 1.  She is a college freshman.

Wow, this is awesome.  Let's see, the last time the Bills were in the playoffs, I had a ski vacation in Snowmass, skin in ski out for what it is worth. I ski'ed back for the second half of the game to see that We took the lead in not too many seconds, only to have my heart carved from my chest with the forward lateral, surely replay will over turn this, but no.  Little did I know but the drought was on

I was there in 2004 when we had a win and in and lost to the Pitt's backups.

I was there for all the crappy coaches.

I was there for Rex.

I am here for this playoff berth.  Well deserved by this Bills team!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Eminem released "The Slim Shady LP" 

Home Improvement, Frasier, Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and Beverly Hills 90210 were still airing new episodes

"Livin' La Vida Loca", "Baby One More Time", "Genie in a Bottle", "Mambo No. 5", "I Want It That Way", "No Scrubs" and "Bills, Bills, Bills"(coincidence?, hmmm) were amongst the years most popular songs

NAPSTER was BORN

The second Harry Potter book was released

American Pie debuted in theatre, and thus coining the phrase "Milf" for generations to come

Family Guy, Futurama, and Sponge Bob DEBUTED

The Blair Witch Project and Phantom Menace happened, meanwhile The Matrix revolutionized filmmaking...

It was still WWF...

The Euro was created

Lance Armstrong wins his FIRST Tour De France

Joe DiMaggio, Gorilla Monsoon, Rick Rude, Owen Hart, Wilt Chamberlain, Payne Stewart, Mel Torme JFK Jr & His wife (along w/ her sister) passed away

Tim Duncan, The Admiral and Greg Poppovich win their first NBA Championship

Mariano Rivera is named World Series MVP as the Yankees Sweep the Braves

For those in high school at the time - JNCO Jeans were peaking in popularity, for god only knows why... 

Edited by ThunderGun
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2