Rico or Hotrod?

"Tyrod isn't the right QB to run Dennison's offense."

"Dennison isn't the right coordinator to make maximum use of Tyrod's skill set."

We can argue which statement is more true, but I think it's plain to everyone that the Dennison/Taylor isn't a workable OC/QB combo.

So who goes next year?  Hotrod?  Rico?  Both?  

A few weeks ago, I was  thinking Tyrod would most likely be the one gone.

But when Mike McCoy became available, I started wondering if both Rico and Taylor would be replaced.  Or maybe just Rico.  McD is said to be high on McCoy.

At the moment, I don't have a strong opinion about who may stay and who might leave - which is why I started a new topic.  I'm wondering what the collective wisdom of the board can offer.

32 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

"Dennison isn't the right coordinator to make maximum use of Tyrod's skill set."

We can argue which statement is more true, but I think it's plain to everyone that the Dennison/Taylor isn't a workable OC/QB combo.

The play call in the 4th Qtr on 4th and goal was ridiculous and Dennison should be canned just for that.  Yes, I know we've seen many teams do something similar but I just don't get it.  An empty backfield and a low percentage fade pattern?  UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

You could still have a spread formation with McCoy in the backfield so the defense can't tell whether you're going to run or pass but an empty backfield made no sense on 4th and goal from the one.  They were very effective running the ball on that drive up until then.  I'd rather see an attempt to power it in instead of a fade pattern by a rookie QB to a rookie WR. I wouldn't even call that if it was Larry FItzgerald.

• Like (+1) 1

Goodbye Tyrod, the Rex era is hopefully finally over now.

Alex Smith had more yards and scores in the first 5 minutes this week then Tyrod had after 8 quarters of the NO and NE games combined. 

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Goodbye Tyrod, the Rex era is hopefully finally over now.

Alex Smith had more yards and scores in the first 5 minutes this week then Tyrod had after 8 quarters of the NO and NE games combined. 

But tyrod does a great job managing games

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Both.

As long as Tyrod is still here will be replacing HC/OC every couple of years , Tyrod needs to go , with that said I’m not impressed with Rico at all ,  IMO over all he did a poor job with Tyrod , 

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Both 

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think TT is 100% gone - I think that decision was made before the SD game and the benching.  

Dennison - I think he will be back unless McD is able to lure a young guy like Dorsey from Carolina.  I think that is someone he wanted last year that got blocked and it would not shock me to see if try to raid that staff this year.

I could see the same thing on the defensive side where they bring in a Carolina coach to better run the defense and keep LF as more of a mentor.

It doesn't matter. They both need to go.

A few weeks ago, I was  thinking Tyrod would most likely be the one gone.

But when Mike McCoy became available, I started wondering if both Rico and Taylor would be replaced.  Or maybe just Rico.  McD is said to be high on McCoy.

At the moment, I don't have a strong opinion about who may stay and who might leave - which is why I started a new topic.  I'm wondering what the collective wisdom of the board can offer.

Well, we'll see if McDermott has the balls to fire Rico after his first year.   I am not so sure he does. 

Tyrod is very likely done.

And this team is very likely to get worse next year, possibly a lot worse (if you can even imagine that) unless they truly hit on the QB in the draft.    Sad time to be a season ticket holder.

You can design an Offense taylored to Tyrod, but teams will adjust to that quickly.. The fact is a QB's like TT who are limited in their ability to play from the pocket, and/or cannot hit timing routes with any consistency will always be an achilles heal no matter what.

both Dennison and TT will be replaced next season imo, but if its only 1 then TT is the one going

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

Well, we'll see if McDermott has the balls to fire Rico after his first year.   I am not so sure he does. 

Tyrod is very likely done.

And this team is very likely to get worse next year, possibly a lot worse (if you can even imagine that) unless they truly hit on the QB in the draft.    Sad time to be a season ticket holder.

And for me that is why they should not have punted all this back a year.  If they wanted to rip off the band aid of what Rex and Whales left they should have done it in year 1.  Ditch Tyrod, ditch the big contracts, take a shot on their QB of the future in the 1st and pare the team back.  They just punted the pain for a year for more kitty QB play.  It was a wrong choice.  

Edited by GunnerBill

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Bofe

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

With McD already utilizing Peterman i think the proof of what he wants to do was in the pudding when he pulled TT .

Now i really can't say as i blame him !! 

But as it goes in B/lo they will let him walk or trade him & like most other Bills players & coaches that have went elsewhere he will flourish .

But i think McD & company has a plan like all the other coaches that have been here i just hope his will work ...

Tyrod is pretty much a goner (overdue in my book). The question is, how is our relationship with McCoy since he ditched us for Denver? 

We all know the NFL has figured out how easy it is to stop our Dennison/Taylor game plans.  Is Dennison able to get production & points out of this offense with a different QB?  

Go Bills!!!!!

I would like Tyrod to stay and Rico let go. However, I still want The Bills to go all out to get their QB in the draft. No reason to bring in a young QB who is forced by default to start day one in a pathetic offense. Get a better offensive philosophy and let the new guy take over when he is ready.

8 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

The play call in the 4th Qtr on 4th and goal was ridiculous and Dennison should be canned just for that.  Yes, I know we've seen many teams do something similar but I just don't get it.  An empty backfield and a low percentage fade pattern?  UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

You could still have a spread formation with McCoy in the backfield so the defense can't tell whether you're going to run or pass but an empty backfield made no sense on 4th and goal from the one.  They were very effective running the ball on that drive up until then.  I'd rather see an attempt to power it in instead of a fade pattern by a rookie QB to a rookie WR. I wouldn't even call that if it was Larry FItzgerald.

Totally agree. Fade from the 1 yard line out of an empty backfield was about the lowest percentage play they could call there. To top it off they threw it to their #3 WR who was being covered by legit #1 CB (despite what a vocal faction on this board would have people believe.)

It made absolutely zero sense.

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

Totally agree. Fade from the 1 yard line out of an empty backfield was about the lowest percentage play they could call there. To top it off they threw it to their #3 WR who was being covered by legit #1 CB (despite what a vocal faction on this board would have people believe.)

It made absolutely zero sense.

I could not agree more! That play call should have gotten him fired on the spot. Horrible!