Bills will win if they DON'T play not to lose.

JohninMinn.

Tyrod must be allowed to play his game.. out of the pocket,throw deep and run when there is daylight. We need to gamble on 4th down. On defense man to man tight with heavy blitz. Fans need to disrupt communication and intimidate refs into multiple interference calls in Bills' favor.  Buffalo 27 NE 13

Edited by JohninMinn.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Bills won this week. New England isn’t as good as people think (and I predicted them to have a shot at 16-0). Their run defense is suspect. The Bills certainly have a small margin for error to your point but it wouldn’t be shocking. I give them a 25-30% chance.

FWIW, just saw on Golic & Wingo that the ESPN FPI gives the Bills a 25% chance. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Tyrod must be allowed to play his game.. out of the pocket,throw deep and run when there is daylight. We need to gamble on 4th down.

I agree.  Problem is Dennison has no clue.  Modify his precious offense to win a big game?  Not likely, unfortunately.

53 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Bills can win if they don't play to lose. 

lol that was my thought too seeing the thread topic

But. On that subject...

If there's any team in any situation that might as well have a "screw it, let's go for it" attitude, it's this Bills team in this specific situation.  I would love to see an aggressive-as-hell playcall. I'd love to see a game called like you're already down by 20 in the 4th quarter -- the entire game. Not saying we should onside kick and go for 2 at EVERY opportunity but...if the defense isn't getting turnovers or stops right away, if you fall behind even by 10... "screw it. go for it." 4th and short from our own 40? Go for it. Squib kick with every player that isn't first to the ballcarrier needs to be aggressively looking for the strip. 

Not a Rex style aggressiveness where players are so keyed up they're making insanely stupid plays and getting tons of flags. But fast-paced offense, no huddle, work out of the shotgun with Zay, Matthews, Holmes and Clay (assuming KB can't go) and McCoy. Absolutely no checkdowns at or behind the line of scrimmage unless it's a legit screen attempt. Less designated QB runs but more roll outs, almost every play should be about guessing whether Tyrod will split left or right and run or throw downfield, open the middle for Shady to run from shotgun like he's done his whole career. In other words - emphasize Tyrod as a playmaker. More roll-outs keeps his reads limited, splitting the field and two man reads, with the option to run or just throw it away. Try to disguise the plays where Tyrod is passing from the pocket after spreading it out, play-action from the I-formation, hell throw a flea flicker in there. Everybody has chalked this game up to an L and everybody is right, it's almost inevitable that it will be a loss. So go down swinging!

It'll never happen.

The Bills could play their best game of the year and still lose by 20+ points.

Also what makes you think they are going to allow Tyrod to get out of the pocket?  They are the ones who wrote the book on how teams defend him now the first year he started for us and made him look inept.

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The Bills could play their best game of the year and still lose by 20+ points.

Also what makes you think they are going to allow Tyrod to get out of the pocket?  They are the ones who wrote the book on how teams defend him now the first year he started for us and made him look inept.

yep.  watching this game is a complete waste of valuable time.   put your fanboys pants in the closet and go do something else this Sunday

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

Tyrod must be allowed to play his game.. out of the pocket,throw deep and run when there is daylight. We need to gamble on 4th down. On defense man to man tight with heavy blitz. Fans need to disrupt communication and intimidate refs into multiple interference calls in Bills' favor.  Buffalo 27 NE 13

Blitzing Brady never works

Very simply they need to understand and play that they need to score 30 points on offense, not pray that they hold NE to under 20, which is their mantra.

I unfortunately expect them to come out and for the umpteenth time try and establish ball control and clock management, trying to keep the ball out of Brady's hands and Hauchka  kicking 52 yard fgs......

Oh how much I hope I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, I do feel that we do match up with them fairly well, if you look at our areas of strength and their areas of weakness. Knowing we have Shady and Tyrod against their run defense... Just have to pound the rock

The problem is, the bills will play not to lose. If by some miracle the bills have a lead in the 4th, even if it's only 3 points, they'll start running and go 3 and out. 

I said earlier in the week that the coaching staff is going to think they can win with sound, fundamental football and they can't. You either have to have a really good plan to keep Brady off the field, or you have to just go balls to the wall on offense and take shots all over the field. Do you really see that happening? Me either

For us to even have a shot of winning this game we MUST  

1st -get pressure on brady with our front four 2nd - need to shotdown their  running game , 

On offense I pretty much agree with everyone we can’t play with not to lose mentality , 

I really hope that the game plan is to try and win OR go down swinging !

It wouldn't matter... Its the team around TT that has to step it up.. Our D and Our OL are the keys to any chance of winning.  If our OL allows are run game to flourish we keep Brady off the field. If our DL get pressure and our secondary makes some plays then maybe we pull off the miracle

But IMO tailoring a game plan around TT ain't the answer

10 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

First the fans do not intimidate the refs, they never have. Second your formula is one set for disaster, the strength of the Pats D is their secondary now that they are finally all on the same page. The Pats right now suck at run stopping so why are you changing your team? You run the damn football till they stop you and limit Brady's touches because with the weapons he has he will score. 

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

First the fans do not intimidate the refs, they never have. Second your formula is one set for disaster, the strength of the Pats D is their secondary now that they are finally all on the same page. The Pats right now suck at run stopping so why are you changing your team? You run the damn football till they stop you and limit Brady's touches because with the weapons he has he will score. 

Pretty much this

22 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

It wouldn't matter... Its the team around TT that has to step it up.. Our D and Our OL are the keys to any chance of winning.  If our OL allows are run game to flourish we keep Brady off the field. If our DL get pressure and our secondary makes some plays then maybe we pull off the miracle

But IMO tailoring a game plan around TT ain't the answer

Keeping the other team off the field is the Bills modus operandi, that's all they try and do every game and scoring is by accident only.  They try to work the clock and milk every second and play the game between the 30's.....  

That is what makes the Bills so difficult to watch.  300 yards total offense is there goal and 6 games they haven't reached it (though 3-3).  Another they had 307 and vs. LAC they actually scored in the second half......

BTW when they have 400 yards they are 2-0!!!!!

They will not be close if under 300 yards offense......

• Like (+1) 1

Do anything you can to win vs the pats cuz half the time your also playing vs the refs.

Keep #12 on the sidelines and try to minimize his impact the best you can.

Control clock keep pats offense off the field.

I dont think Dennison has the mastermind skills to outscheme Hoody.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, papazoid said:

tyrod's game "is" playing not to lose

it got em this far...he ain't changing

I think Tyrod now feels he is auditioning for other teams around the league. Who knows whether he will be here next year or not? He would be a relatively cheap option if things don't work out for us in FA or the draft. Either way I think he's just going to go out there, do whatever he can, and try to impress whomever it is who may be watching. This is the national stage once again, against a hated rival, at home, with A LOT on the line for the Bills. Leading this team to a victory against one of the hottest teams in the NFL would be huge for him. How will he perform under that pressure? We will see Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

The problem I have with the Bills being conservative is that the runs get stuffed and the passes are short. They don't score and then give the opponents the ball with plenty of time to score.

I have not seen them grind out the clock and sustain drives when playing conservative with a lead at the end of a game. It's just a quick 3 stuffed runs and a punt and asking your defense to create more stops then they should have to.

This is a game they most likely lose so I agree they play like they down 21 points the entire game. 

Getting stuffed 3 times in a row for no gain isn't conservative football. I don't know what you call it. It's just bad all day. Might as well just punt on first down.

Edited by Lfod

18 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Hopefully Brady gets hurt and then we can all make fun of him and his injury.

To each his own.  I choose to acknowledge that I don't live in a 3rd world country.

All these suggestions for how the Bills should play the game are already well-known to even casual fans. And every year they try to do exactly that. And nearly every game they come up short. This year it might be even worse because Dennison has not shown a single sign that he's capable of creating and calling an innovative and aggressive game plan. Shoot, he hasn't shown signs he's advanced beyond the pre-Knute Rockne era.

Edited by yungmack