Bills will win if they DON'T play not to lose.

JohninMinn.

Tyrod must be allowed to play his game.. out of the pocket,throw deep and run when there is daylight. We need to gamble on 4th down. On defense man to man tight with heavy blitz. Fans need to disrupt communication and intimidate refs into multiple interference calls in Bills' favor.  Buffalo 27 NE 13

Edited by JohninMinn.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Bills won this week. New England isn’t as good as people think (and I predicted them to have a shot at 16-0). Their run defense is suspect. The Bills certainly have a small margin for error to your point but it wouldn’t be shocking. I give them a 25-30% chance.

FWIW, just saw on Golic & Wingo that the ESPN FPI gives the Bills a 25% chance. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Tyrod must be allowed to play his game.. out of the pocket,throw deep and run when there is daylight. We need to gamble on 4th down.

I agree.  Problem is Dennison has no clue.  Modify his precious offense to win a big game?  Not likely, unfortunately.

53 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Bills can win if they don't play to lose. 

lol that was my thought too seeing the thread topic

But. On that subject...

If there's any team in any situation that might as well have a "screw it, let's go for it" attitude, it's this Bills team in this specific situation.  I would love to see an aggressive-as-hell playcall. I'd love to see a game called like you're already down by 20 in the 4th quarter -- the entire game. Not saying we should onside kick and go for 2 at EVERY opportunity but...if the defense isn't getting turnovers or stops right away, if you fall behind even by 10... "screw it. go for it." 4th and short from our own 40? Go for it. Squib kick with every player that isn't first to the ballcarrier needs to be aggressively looking for the strip. 

Not a Rex style aggressiveness where players are so keyed up they're making insanely stupid plays and getting tons of flags. But fast-paced offense, no huddle, work out of the shotgun with Zay, Matthews, Holmes and Clay (assuming KB can't go) and McCoy. Absolutely no checkdowns at or behind the line of scrimmage unless it's a legit screen attempt. Less designated QB runs but more roll outs, almost every play should be about guessing whether Tyrod will split left or right and run or throw downfield, open the middle for Shady to run from shotgun like he's done his whole career. In other words - emphasize Tyrod as a playmaker. More roll-outs keeps his reads limited, splitting the field and two man reads, with the option to run or just throw it away. Try to disguise the plays where Tyrod is passing from the pocket after spreading it out, play-action from the I-formation, hell throw a flea flicker in there. Everybody has chalked this game up to an L and everybody is right, it's almost inevitable that it will be a loss. So go down swinging!

It'll never happen.

The Bills could play their best game of the year and still lose by 20+ points.

Also what makes you think they are going to allow Tyrod to get out of the pocket?  They are the ones who wrote the book on how teams defend him now the first year he started for us and made him look inept.

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The Bills could play their best game of the year and still lose by 20+ points.

Also what makes you think they are going to allow Tyrod to get out of the pocket?  They are the ones who wrote the book on how teams defend him now the first year he started for us and made him look inept.

yep.  watching this game is a complete waste of valuable time.   put your fanboys pants in the closet and go do something else this Sunday

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

Tyrod must be allowed to play his game.. out of the pocket,throw deep and run when there is daylight. We need to gamble on 4th down. On defense man to man tight with heavy blitz. Fans need to disrupt communication and intimidate refs into multiple interference calls in Bills' favor.  Buffalo 27 NE 13

Blitzing Brady never works

Very simply they need to understand and play that they need to score 30 points on offense, not pray that they hold NE to under 20, which is their mantra.

I unfortunately expect them to come out and for the umpteenth time try and establish ball control and clock management, trying to keep the ball out of Brady's hands and Hauchka  kicking 52 yard fgs......

Oh how much I hope I'm wrong.

For what it's worth, I do feel that we do match up with them fairly well, if you look at our areas of strength and their areas of weakness. Knowing we have Shady and Tyrod against their run defense... Just have to pound the rock