I'm done

row_33

After cheering and betting on them and seasons tickets for various decades since 1973, I've had enough.

Football is losing me anyways, and I have trouble justifying what it is doing to the kids and men on the field.

This latest fiasco with the Bills has been a dagger for me.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

After cheering and betting on them and seasons tickets for various decades since 1973, I've had enough.

Football is losing me anyways, and I have trouble justifying what it is doing to the kids and men on the field.

I assume you're talking about the Dareus trade?

I enjoyed the 5-2 start. I enjoyed the wins. The last three games were about as bad as you can get so I understand feeling down on the Bills. It would be easy to just start following the Patriots and feel like winners. 

I can't leave my team. They like a kid you have that isn't perfect but you love them anyway. Still bail them out of jail even while saying how stupid they are. 

Am I wrong thinking if this team had a losing season everybody would be more relaxed touting the moniker "rebuild"? That the real reason for the hurt is missing the playoffs because we in a drought and that's all that matters? 

The new regime is getting dumped to early in my view.

Edited by Lfod
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I have to admit I've felt this way a few times myself over the years.

But personal history tells me that every time I say "I'm done," I'm wrong.  

I was tempted to say those horrible, liberating words - "I'm done" - during the 4th quarter of the past two games.  In both contests, I turned off the set before the final seconds ticked off.   But I knew I'd be back for more, however irrational that may be.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Just now, K-9 said:

If you didn't jump off a cliff during the late sixties or during the Stephenson/Bullough years, you know damn well you aren't quitting now. 

This is a great post - you talk about football hell in 1968; losing six QB's to injury, lousy coaching, and sitting in the Rockpile. Or in 1971, 1976, 1977, 1984, 1985. Yet I am more sold on this "process" than at anytime in Bills history, finally someone is attempting to change organizational culture! Now we need to work on fan culture...

• Like (+1) 1

I used to find these types of postings kind of funny, but on some level, I do understand this sentiment.  It would be easier to root for a different team that wins on a regular basis and has a functioning overall football operation.  I had hoped that when Pegula bought the team, he would retain a football czar for a fresh start.  It did not happen, and we are continuing to pay for it.  I have no idea how things will work out with McDermott and Beane.  We will need to give it time, but it is discouraging to have lost so much young talent  in such a short period of time through trades, cuts and free agency losses.  It has put us further away from having a competitive football team.  Football teams can turn it around quickly in the NFL, and we have to hope we will draft well and pick up a bunch of free agents in the offseason.  I have no hopes for the remainder of this season and our playoff drought is ridiculous.  It has to get better as some point, and we if we can hold on to our draft picks in the next draft, that would help with so many holes to fill.

We all expected a crap team this year, going in.  So much talent traded away or lost to FA, and no reason to think the replacements would be good.  We had a pleasant surprise as they showed the "on any given Sunday" theory still applies, but now we're back to the team we expected in the first place.

Would you be "done" if they had been playing like this from the start of the season, as we expected, and maybe now at this point started to play better?

I really like the posts from K-9 and vorpma.  Hang on and let things get better in time.  There's no magic pill that leads to overnight success.

Thanks for your support.... I'm at the lowest possible level now with this team, and I've been through season tickets for 2-12 and 2-14 years.

Closest I came to vomiting on the 5th interception, without any booze in me.

If i went to a bad home game I might consider driving right over the Peace Bridge and end it all.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Thanks for your support.... I'm at the lowest possible level now with this team, and I've been through season tickets for 2-12 and 2-14 years.

Closest I came to vomiting on the 5th interception, without any booze in me.

If i went to a bad home game I might consider driving right over the Peace Bridge and end it all.

Just don't miss and block the navigation channel.  A boat may have to get through by April and the USCG won't be too happy.

:D

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Meh you'll be back. Can't blame you for dumping seasons though. Too much money for subpar product. 

Which latest fiasco specifically are you referring to that set you over the edge?

Throughout the entire playoff drought, I've never called for firings mid-season.  I always thought each time it happened, it was a mistake (but I understand it's a business as well).  

However, things were different with this last 3-game stretch.  I'm not sure I've seen such bad football over the past 17 years.  I felt ill after watching that last game, and for whatever reason I had to watch the entire thing.  I've stopped watching games before that weren't nearly as bad as this one, and I've supported past coaches with a lesser W/L record.  

But after the game, firing the whole crew was the only thing on my mind.  So, I certainly feel where you are coming from.  But I for one can't stop loving the Bills.  

I can appreciate his devotion and now totally fed up.  Been there.  I'm not leaving this party, Bills fan for life..but I am probably dumping my season tickets after this season.  I only come up for 1-2 games per year max.  I'm finding it harder to resell the tickets i don't use, especially December games..    I can cherry-pick the game i want to attend and buy great seats on the secondary market for pretty cheap.