Derek Carr Got Hurt Over Anthem Protests

"The wife of Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes claimed Tuesday morning the Oakland Raiders offensive line allowed Derek Carr to get hurt because he did not join the anthem protests.

“A lot of people don’t know, but the reason Derek Carr got injured was because the Raiders offensive line allowed him to get injured,” 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/07/wife-of-nfl-player-claims-raiders-let-derek-carr-get-hurt-over-anthem-protests/

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Why would anyone listen that attention-seeking lunatic Miko Grimes? She’s the crazy old man yelling at the sky. If it were anyone else, maybe, but she’s such an idiot. She will say anything to get people talking about her.

Nobody is exposing their franchise QB to injury!! These guys want to win and want to get paid. Carr gives them an opportunity to do that. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why would anyone listen that attention-seeking lunatic Miko Grimes? She’s the crazy old man yelling at the sky. If it were anyone else, maybe, but she’s such an idiot. She will say anything to get people talking about her.

Nobody is exposing their franchise QB to injury!! These guys want to win and want to get paid. Carr gives them an opportunity to do that. 

Shes pretty typical of that whole movement, I think.

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

That movement is all about overstatement, exaggeration, denial and histrionics so yeah it's very close.

Lol. If that’s not the pot calling the kettle black then I don’t know what is. Nice.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, vincec said:

Lol. If that’s not the pot calling the kettle black then I don’t know what is. Nice.

Okay, which has more truth the whole movement of this social justice or just thinking the whole moving a social justice is equivalent to a bowel movement...

There's a reason that America's tuning out to this **** oh, and that's because it is ****. These overpaid !@#$s are Hippocrates, grandstanders and phones.

Grimes is nothing more than a hanger oner with this statement. But I would not doubt for a minute but there is resentment at guys like Andrew Villanueva and others for not supporting their bull **** cause. And their causes bull **** and that's plain and simple truth. And someone needs to call them out on it more and more because it's bull ****. The American public is already doing so, and every time these players do it it's pretty clear you can see they're not focused on what they need to be.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

"The wife of Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes claimed Tuesday morning the Oakland Raiders offensive line allowed Derek Carr to get hurt because he did not join the anthem protests.

“A lot of people don’t know, but the reason Derek Carr got injured was because the Raiders offensive line allowed him to get injured,” 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/07/wife-of-nfl-player-claims-raiders-let-derek-carr-get-hurt-over-anthem-protests/

I heard that rumor the other day on M&M. 

He may be a bible thumper but I don't think it would resort to that. 

Miko Grimes is out for her 15 minutes of fame.  

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:lol:

Ok. Posted video evidence to support my point of view. Can find dozens of others if you like Imran.

I do not find your argument persuasive.  It is the equivalent of someone saying all Republicans are racists.  Some are, but that does not mean it is the core belief of the party. 

BLM is looking for justice for African Americans in how they are treated by police compared to white people.  Showing me an extremist hot head does not prove your point that BLM is just a slimy cause against white people, any more than Charlottesville shows all Republicans are white supremacists.  

BLM has a point.  It flows from a history of slavery to Jim Crow and on-going racism in America.  Do I agree with every, or even most of what they do, no.  But they have a valid point of view if you examine all sorts of statistics on police behavior.

The fact that NFL players have the stature to draw attention to this matter does not make them hypocrites, they are using their status to make a point to help less fortunate people who are largely powerless in our system.

I know we will never agree on this, but I promise I don't think you are a racist just because we disagree.

• Thank you (+1) 7

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Well, that's a refreshing relief, and I mean that sincerely.

:-).  People come to issues with different perspectives and leads to different positions.  Does not mean they are bad people or are arguing in bad faith.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I read about this the other day.  It's total BS.  The Raider linemen quickly came out and said as much.  They said Carr respected their decision on the matter.  Turns out the "source" of this info was someone with an @Raider something handle with only about 700 followers who posted the statement on her social media and then she then goes on and says it as if it were fact.  She's an attention seeking idiot. 

Well, the players and the league  need to expect more problems and controversies like this. They are leaving the door open so people will walk through.

When I look at the play I see some pretty confused and sluggish looking linemen. If I am allowed to use the word, a couple of them look stupid. But I don't see anything deliberate.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

“A lot of people don’t know 

You can put Miko right at the top of that list.   She's nothing but a attention-starved wanna-be...

http://forward.com/schmooze/344747/wife-of-tampa-bay-buccaneers-star-brent-grimes-unleashes-epic-anti-semitic/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/12/brent-miko-grimes-twitter-tampa-bay-buccaneers

I love that I live in a world where Buffalo Barbarbian uses bat crazy Miko Grimes as a source.  They are perfect for each other.

1 hour ago, Casey D said:

I do not find your argument persuasive.  It is the equivalent of someone saying all Republicans are racists.  Some are, but that does not mean it is the core belief of the party. 

BLM is looking for justice for African Americans in how they are treated by police compared to white people.  Showing me an extremist hot head does not prove your point that BLM is just a slimy cause against white people, any more than Charlottesville shows all Republicans are white supremacists.  

BLM has a point.  It flows from a history of slavery to Jim Crow and on-going racism in America.  Do I agree with every, or even most of what they do, no.  But they have a valid point of view if you examine all sorts of statistics on police behavior.

The fact that NFL players have the stature to draw attention to this matter does not make them hypocrites, they are using their status to make a point to help less fortunate people who are largely powerless in our system.

I know we will never agree on this, but I promise I don't think you are a racist just because we disagree.

Such a good post. Unfortunately we live in a world where people are too simple minded to understand things are always just black or white.

This was actually rumored shortly after the injury happened. He took a beating that game up until the injury. Rumor also had it was their way of teaching him "a lesson" and retaliation for him not taking their side. Not too long after that it was swept under the rug. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

This was actually rumored shortly after the injury happened. He took a beating that game up until the injury. Rumor also had it was their way of teaching him "a lesson" and retaliation for him not taking their side. Not too long after that it was swept under the rug. 

I wonder what lesson the Bills O-line was trying to teach TT last Thursday...

Or what lesson Russell Wilson's O-line constantly trying to teach him every game, every year?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1