If the bills lose this week, does your opinion change?

Steptide

It's kinda ironic how we upset a team this past week that nobody thought we would beat. Just like 2011 how we upset the Pats to go 3-0 and then just like this year, played the Bengals the next week.

Anyways, if we do lose, does your opinion of the team change? For me I guess it depends on how we lost. If it's like 27-10, then I'd say yes, we're not as good as maybe I thought. If it's 19-17, I might still feel the same. At any rate, I want nothing more than to go into the bye week 4-1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kinda ironic how we upset a team this past week that nobody thought we would beat. Just like 2011 how we upset the Pats to go 3-0 and then just like this year, played the Bengals the next week.

Anyways, if we do lose, does your opinion of the team change? For me I guess it depends on how we lost. If it's like 27-10, then I'd say yes, we're not as good as maybe I thought. If it's 19-17, I might still feel the same. At any rate, I want nothing more than to go into the bye week 4-1

This team is better than the 2011 team, better coaching, talent and QB and so on.

No, not really. We beat two really good teams. Cant win them all. If they go on a two or three game losing streak then my opinion will probably change again.

I don't think they will lose three in a row or maybe even two in a two this year. Team is too well prepared.

My opinion of the new Bills from the beginning was they would battle and compete in every game. I was totally unsure of how many games they could win, though, suggesting they would win somewhere between 5-10 games.

This team is better than the 2011 team, better coaching, talent and QB and so on.

I don't think they will lose three in a row or maybe even two in a two this year. Team is too well prepared.

I don't really think they will either, but even a two game losing streak isn't the end of the world. Like I said just a bit ago... they aren't going to win every game. Losses will come. Its almost inevitable. What's important is how they respond. Do they fall apart to a 7 or 8 win season again or do they persevere and go on to a 10 win season while making the playoffs.

I'm already pleasantly surprised because going into the season I didn't think they would be this good. Now I have hope and aspirations.

It's another tough road game. If we get a victory it speaks volumes about where this team is at. If we lose it will temper expectations a bit and it will be a bit of a low after the 2 big wins we just had.

Yes. The Bills should easily make them a one-dimensional offense. The Bills' offense should be solid and protect the ball.

They should win this game by playing the same way they've been playing.

I don't want this team playing to the level of their competition. I want to see them be consistent. If they play poorly against the Bengals, it will definitely change my opinion of them so far.

this is one they need to win. I would of rather lost to a non conference team last week then a conference game this week. to me, this is a bigger game than the falcons.

bengals have always been tough. time to dominate and show you're for real. that said, if they lose you're looking at possibly going 3-3 in to the bye, not real impressive. I would like to see them go 5-1 or 4-2. so these next two games are pretty important. I'll hold off on my opinion until the bye.

need the conference/division games

this is one they need to win. I would of rather lost to a non conference team last week then a conference game this week. to me, this is a bigger game than the falcons.

bengals have always been tough. time to dominate and show you're for real. that said, if they lose you're looking at possibly going 3-3 in to the bye, not real impressive. I would like to see them go 5-1 or 4-2. so these next two games are pretty important. I'll hold off on my opinion until the bye.

need the conference/division games

The bye is next week so the worst they can do going into the bye is 3-2 =)

Not really. We aren't a deep team and we've got 2 out at positions where we're especially thin. Cincy won't be a cakewalk.

I don't recall this team or any NFL team ever being more prepared or getting more from its talent than the Bills the last two games. It's unrealistic to think that it can be sustained. There is a difference between good coaching and miracle making which is what occurred Q1. You don't clean sweep in a new secondary featuring a rookie and have it perform as the league's best.

I agree; this season feels totally different to other recent seasons where we got off to a good start.

I think there is a lot more substance behind the wins so far this year.

As long as we play a good game, keep penalties to a minimum, and keep doing the things we have been doing well, I won't change my mind if we lose.

If we come out flat, unprepared, take 14 penalties, and lose badly, I'll be pretty disheartened, b/c I think this team is beyond that typical Bills crap of the past.

No. But I also didn't shoot them into the top 5 in my power rankings yet. I tend not to ride the roller coaster as much

Im expecting a loss. Two tough wins in a row has to have drained these guys to some degree plus were banged up a bit. Add Cincy essentially playing for their season and the fact that they have the third ranked defense and are playing at home makes this an unlikely place to get a win. If we do pull it off it will certainly say something about how good we might really be. Im not expecting it however. Bottom line is it wont change my opinion on this team. Three very winnable games after the bye could put us at 6-2 at the mid point even if we lose sunday.

Edited by Billsmovinup

A single loss won't change my opinion of this team in the big picture. Even if it gets ugly (which I do NOT see happening). This feels different, and I believe it IS different. I'll take this FO over the long term, I like the direction. Don't get too high or too low over the short term.

Any loss changes your opinion.

If we win, that's two straight road games heading into our bye, without any WR talent. I have genuine hope for 5-1 coming off the bye, and that's a crazy good start with playoff hope.

If we lose to a team that's 1-3, then we aren't the team with possibly too many holes to overcome.

Either way, it's any given Sunday as most teams aren't playing like we thought they would

Yes. The Bills should easily make them a one-dimensional offense. The Bills' offense should be solid and protect the ball.

They should win this game by playing the same way they've been playing.

I don't want this team playing to the level of their competition. I want to see them be consistent. If they play poorly against the Bengals, it will definitely change my opinion of them so far.

Tis is the absolute accurate answer to the question.

The emotional swings on this board are comical. If we lose, there will be like 10 threads calling for TTs and Denison's heads and mcdermott's clapping hands.

You think 10 threads? Did you mean in the first hour? It will be a long 2 weeks for sure!!!

No. They are playing above their heads right now, I expect a fall back towards reality soon. I expect them to continue competing hard and that in itself is fun to watch.

The roster is in flux and key injuries are going to hurt this team. I already started drinking so I won't scream at Milano on Sunday.

I am not sold on the bills yet unfortunately. I love the direction they are going in and I think they have a bright future with the people in charge, but i still think they are a 7 win team this year.

I hope they can prove me wrong though as it would be amazing to finally make the playoffs

Edited by billsfan11

Not really. I think we are just getting really thin from injuries at this point. Backups can only play so much before it starts catching up to you eventually

Like McD said today, if you judge any team by their record at this point in the season you're nuts (paraphrasing) ... it's too long of a season to change my opinion week to week. They are going to lose more games. They might lose Sunday. It won't be the end of the world if they do. My expectations weren't that high and I'll enjoy any progress that is shown this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Still not sure how good Denver is but Atlanta was a quality win.

Still not sure who this team is offensively, as they are still learning Dennison's system.

Also, concerned about the injuries.

Shady and the O line are the linchpin, as their season goes so do we.

After the bye we still have a bunch of winnable games so 1 loss wouldn't kill us.

Not really. I'm still in wait and see mode. If we beat the Raiders and Chiefs and notch a win vs the Pats, then I'm sold. I know that's a lot to ask, but I just keep reminding myself that there will be a lot of new faces here next year.

I agree that this team is too well prepared and we likely won't lose 3 straight all year......unless the injuries hit. Zero depth on his team. Every 2nd string position is filled by inplayer I'd HATE to have in the starting lineup except DE (because I'm a Yarbrough fanboy) Our best backup behind Yarbrough is groy then most likely shareece wright. Pretty scary thought.