If the bills lose this week, does your opinion change?

Steptide

If I know OBD this place will be a shitshow after the loss.

exactly. OBD fans do not want to "trust the process" . after 17 years, I guess it's understandable... this team fights harder than previous editions though, so we'll see how they deal with injury adversity this week... if they fight this one out like in Carolina, keep it close and maybe win, that really bodes well going into the bye

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what happens. Thus far when Taylor is down by 1-8 points he is 35 of 49 71.4 comp% 379 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs. Last year down by 9-16 points Taylor was 69 of 104 66.3% 859 yards 5 TDs 2 INTs. In 2015 when down 9-16 points Taylor was 49 of 63 77.8% 522 yards 3TDs 1 INT.

Put that all together and you get 153/216 70.8% 1760 yards 11 TDs 3 INTs 106.25 rating.

Taylor actually plays pretty well when the team is behind.

On average

See 2015 Chiefs, 2016 Raiders

A near perfect passing game in the first half disappeared in the second half.

And his Best Games Ever ---- Miami and Seattle

Both games were in hand and unfortunately his best wasn't good enough. Granted the Refs did all they could to help Seattle win that game. Bastards

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Yes it will change and I will tell you why.

1. Because to me this is a team we should beat.

2. Because if we loose we just fall back to doing the same thing we have been doing last many years. 8-8 7-9 is the usual.

3. Because for me I think we can beat them.. I don't think they are as good as who we have already won against

For those reasons.. yes my opinion will change.

Yeah, he's safe with the ball and can make plays with his legs.

They don't have the playmakers in the passing game to win a lot of comebacks, though.

Regardless, I would still be worried by a loss to the Bungals.

I wouldn't be too worried about a loss to the Bengals. They have a poor record but are an underrated football team. They still have an excellent defense and still have an offense that can put up points if the red rifle is on that given day. We have injuries to both defense and offense and its going to hurt bad because we have no depth in those given positions. On the offensive side we barely have starters at that position. We aren't going to win them all. Still, I hope the Bills pull this one out. It is more important than last weeks game.

On average

See 2015 Chiefs, 2016 Raiders

A near perfect passing game in the first half disappeared in the second half.

And his Best Games Ever ---- Miami and Seattle

Both games were in hand and unfortunately his best wasn't good enough. Granted the Refs did all they could to help Seattle win that game. Bastards

Yes you are right. That wouldn't happen with this defense IMO. No way the raiders over come a 21 point deficit in like a quarter of football with this D. I'm tired of screwing up the Chiefs games. We have dominated them for years only to lose to ourselves from mistakes.

Yeah the Seattle game pissed me off. Taylor played his heart out that game. Same with Miami. I honestly think we would see that a lot more from Taylor if his coaches let him throw the ball, which was my original point(strike that.. that was for a point I made in another thread.) I could be wrong but really no one knows because the coaches always go into a shell.

Edited by Scott7975

...if your "opinion" changes WEEKLY as in "on the wagon off the wagon", I believe you have eloquently defined bi-polar........and yup, they ARE here.........us oldtimers refer to them as the "Flag Bearers" who change depending on the direction of "the wind".....

...if your "opinion" changes WEEKLY as in "on the wagon off the wagon", I believe you have eloquently defined bi-polar........and yup, they ARE here.........us oldtimers refer to them as the "Flag Bearers" who change depending on the direction of "the wind".....

The NFL is pretty much a week to week, what have you done for me lately - kind of league. Each game is pretty important in a 16 game season and this being an AFC game increases the importance. Bouncing back from losses is a key trait of playoff teams. Staying focused on non- elite teams on the schedule is big as well. How do you follow up a win vs a top opponent that it's easy to get geared up for? No Bills team has effectively managed these situations since the 90's. So the appropriate skepticism is there. Indeed , a win vs CIN would do more to change opinions than a loss would. A loss just skews toward more of the same, where a win means a corner just may have been turned.

I'm not sure the Bills are 4-1 good and I'm pretty sure the Bengals aren't 1-4 bad.

The Bills are coming off a huge road win in Atlanta and now go into another teams backyard, add in that the Bills have a bye week coming up and that could be a distraction at times.

Injuries to Glenn, our #1 WR, one of our starting LBs, and one of our starting CBs could also be factors.

A loss tomorrow wouldn't change my opinion of this team.

Have the Bengals improved over the past 2 seasons?

He'll EJ had the Bills in the 15 game. TT won in 16.

With this defense playing the way it has there should not be a Bills letdown.

The Bengals made the playoffs in 2015. If the Bills lose it would be hard to call it a letdown. It would at least have to be a game they are expected to win. The Bills are not the favorite. The team hasn't won the AFC East since 1995. Can we really call a loss to any team a letdown, save for the Browns and Jets of the league?

The NFL is pretty much a week to week, what have you done for me lately - kind of league. Each game is pretty important in a 16 game season and this being an AFC game increases the importance. Bouncing back from losses is a key trait of playoff teams. Staying focused on non- elite teams on the schedule is big as well. How do you follow up a win vs a top opponent that it's easy to get geared up for? No Bills team has effectively managed these situations since the 90's. So the appropriate skepticism is there. Indeed , a win vs CIN would do more to change opinions than a loss would. A loss just skews toward more of the same, where a win means a corner just may have been turned.

completely agree with your assessment as far as the league changing from week to week........perfect reason why "strength of schedule" prognostications are bogus because they are devoid of a multitude of unpredictable variables that occur...unless I'm wrong (PROBABLY), the premise of the thread is do you support the Bills for the season or does your support change weekly depending on a "W" or "L" in that given week?.....a/k/a love 'em in victory or abandon them in "L".....

If the Bills do go on a win streak peoples heads will explode. We need a loss just to blow off steam. We can't take too much good stuff. Very similar to Catholic guilt.

Idk. When was the last time that the Bills won three in a row?

The Bengals made the playoffs in 2015. If the Bills lose it would be hard to call it a letdown. It would at least have to be a game they are expected to win. The Bills are not the favorite. The team hasn't won the AFC East since 1995. Can we really call a loss to any team a letdown, save for the Browns and Jets of the league?

At this point of the season I feel a letdown would be: Bucs, Colts, Chargers, Jets, Miami x2, Raiders, possibly the Saints.

Yes, absolutely. This should be an easy win. I imagine if we lose it will look like the Carolina game and I will have tremendous doubts about our offense's sustainability moving forward.

...there are NO easy wins in this league............reviewing the board prognostications over the last dozen+ years ala 14-2, 13-3, 12-4, 11-5, etc...playoff schneid is over, yada yada....NONE of which have happened over the last 17 should tell you enough....you're smarter than this...........

Idk. When was the last time that the Bills won three in a row?

Last year

Yes, absolutely. This should be an easy win. I imagine if we lose it will look like the Carolina game and I will have tremendous doubts about our offense's sustainability moving forward.

This game in no way is an easy win despite their record.

...there are NO easy wins in this league............reviewing the board prognostications over the last dozen+ years ala 14-2, 13-3, 12-4, 11-5, etc...playoff schneid is over, yada yada....NONE of which have happened over the last 17 should tell you enough....you're smarter than this...........

Easy is the wrong word but I feel this our easiest game yet outside of Week 1. Their offensive line is terrible so I expect us to play lights out on defense. It falls on the offense to not miss opportunities. If we can't win this one I think 8-8 is more realistic than 10-6 and it will be a frustrating season to watch.

The only way a loss to the Bengals wouldn't damper my expectations is if it's because the defense suddenly just has a bad day, or Dalton to AJ Green becomes an unstoppable connection. That's a loss I could see us bouncing back from. A loss of something like 13-9 would make me lose a lot of confidence. I need our offense to keep making progress like it did the last 2 weeks.

Edited by HappyDays

If they lose.........it will get ugly in here........especially if the culprit is the passing game.

Big difference between 3-2 with 2 wins versus AFC opponents and 4-1 with 3.

During the drought the Bills are regularly better early in the season than their final records extrapolate to...........this is not a coincidence..........good teams get better as the season goes on and advantages gained thru new, unscouted offensive/defensive systems dissipate.

That said........a bad performance by the WR corps in a loss could alter the mindset regarding adding a playmaker to the WR corps........and that kind of acquisition could ultimately make them a more competitive team later in the season.

If we lose this week then we're back to being the same old Bills to be honest. This is the first game since the Jets that we should win if we're a legitimate playoff team.

-------------

So let me get this straight? Same old Bills if we lose to quite possibly the best 1-3 team in their house, down our #1 WR, #2 CB, starting LB and our lights out safety is ailing on top of that.

I've seen enough from McD to still hold out hope if we lose tomorrow. Don't kid yourself if you think anyone saw what they've accomplished so far. Lack of quality depth along with injuries will be the speed bump this year. But I trust the process. Cincy's D is very good and we may not have enough O tomorrow. They'll do what every team has done so far. Take Shady away and have TT beat them. Gonna be a lot harder without Matthews and a struggling Jones. Their O has been a lot better since Lazor took over. Expect a close game and hopefully a Bills win.

It depends on how they lose, what they improve on, and, perhaps, what they lose. If they play a fine game, as does Cinci, why should my opinion change? Or if a blown call causes the loss, why should my opinion change? Of if weather becomes a major factor and they lose because of a fluke or wet ball fumble or drop, why should my opinion change? Etc. etc. etc.

I knew our secondary was our weakness, despite whatever the stats said in the first 4 weeks. That got exposed. I also knew we had some defensive speed issues. The Bengal's last run TD showed we lacked closing speed.

Today we found out if McDermott is a coach who also mastered the mental and emotional preparation of a team. We played somewhat flat today. So he isn't.

My opinion hasnt changed. I knew going in this would be a tough game despite Cinci's record. We went in hobbled, lost another key player on offense, and Tyrod played like crap today. On to the bye week. I hate bye week even though the team needs it.

I do have a sense of humor GOAT
Raiders are starting EJM today i think.

Yes they are.

I knew our secondary was our weakness, despite whatever the stats said in the first 4 weeks. That got exposed. I also knew we had some defensive speed issues. The Bengal's last run TD showed we lacked closing speed.

Today we found out if McDermott is a coach who also mastered the mental and emotional preparation of a team. We played somewhat flat today. So he isn't.

This is completely wrong.

The DBs are solid, but they had to start a rookie former PSer. They committed to making the Bengals offense one dimensional, which meant that Green would get his opportunities. Still, the secondary came up with sime big plays...which leads me to my next point.

The offense couldn't capitalize. After Clay went down in the 1st, they had no playmakers on offense besides Shady. Terrible run blocking limited his opportunities and the Bengals contained well on the outside. Tyrod left more than a few passes on the field, which would have made a huge difference. Easy completions that weren't converted simply because he misdiagnosed the coverage or wasn't confident in his passing ability. Maybe the slippery conditions had something to do with that, but I think it was just mental mistakes.

The team absolutely did not play flat. If they did, the score would've been like 35-10. In actuality, we saw the same vulnerabilities we already knew were present in the offense. Blocking. QB errors. Weak WR group.

This loss isn't due to any lack of emotional/mental readiness. Just talent.

This is completely wrong.

The DBs are solid, but they had to start a rookie former PSer. They committed to making the Bengals offense one dimensional, which meant that Green would get his opportunities. Still, the secondary came up with sime big plays...which leads me to my next point.

The offense couldn't capitalize. After Clay went down in the 1st, they had no playmakers on offense besides Shady. Terrible run blocking limited his opportunities and the Bengals contained well on the outside. Tyrod left more than a few passes on the field, which would have made a huge difference. Easy completions that weren't converted simply because he misdiagnosed the coverage or wasn't confident in his passing ability. Maybe the slippery conditions had something to do with that, but I think it was just mental mistakes.

The team absolutely did not play flat. If they did, the score would've been like 35-10. In actuality, we saw the same vulnerabilities we already knew were present in the offense. Blocking. QB errors. Weak WR group.

This loss isn't due to any lack of emotional/mental readiness. Just talent.

for today? i agree. but the O Coach could have worked a little harder.

Did we all notice Ducasse started next to Mills BTW? And the Rookie Dawkins is LT still?

tough day for sure.

for today? i agree. but the O Coach could have worked a little harder.

Did we all notice Ducasse started next to Mills BTW? And the Rookie Dawkins is LT still?

tough day for sure.

I'm probably in the minority who think the play-calling was fine, considering the plays that weren't made. The opportunities were there and Tyrod should be getting rid of the ball on time.