Your favorite non-star/non-big name Bills of all time?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up my two favorite players were Andre Reed & John Elway. I always wished the Bills had Elway instead of Kelly, we'd have multiple SB's if that were the case.

As far as a favorite non-big name, I always liked Antoine Winfield.

As OP asked for favorites, I knew I'd have a tough time getting down to one but I didn't expect to get stuck at seven.

1. Jim Braxton
  2. Lou Piccone
  3. Bobby Chandler
  4. Shane Conlan
  5. Leonard Smith
  6. Mario Clark
  7. Reuben "Stone Hands" Gant

Growing up I loved:

Lucius Sanford
Isiah Robertson
Ben Williams
Sherman White
Jerry Butler

PS That 1980 team was good enough to win it all.

Guessing we're close to the same age because a lot of those names popped in to my head too.

As an aside, I thought Lucius Sanford had the coolest name in the league!

Edited by Campy

For me it had to be a small bodied Lou Piccone who would go face first into the ground to catch a poorly passed football 🏈 and actually catch it! I was young, but was amazed how hard he would try to catch a low pass almost at ground level... I doubt he is well documented and probably never a starter? But he reminded me of that Rudy type of guy that was all effort! Wish some of our current players would give the same effort!!!

As a safety guy, Steve Freeman was my favorite on D. Joe Cribbs shouldn't count for this, but he was just too phenomenal in his day, and too many don't know who he is.

You got two of mine! Ferguson, Jerry Butler, Joe Cribbs and Steve Freeman are 4 of my all time favorite Bills!

I'd also like to cast a vote for Luscious Sanford, Ben Williams, Sherman White, Charles Romes, Mario Clark... love my Knox ere Bills!

Did we reach a consensus on whether Freddie counts? He is my favourite Bill of the 15 years of my fandom. He was a star on the team it just took the team a long time to realise it.

I was also on the Hogan bus here the whole way. Thought we were right to keep him over D'Rick believed he would prove it on the field when given a chance and believe him to be a better player than most acknowledged. I got accused of just loving everything the Patriots do when the signed him - it couldn't have been further from the truth... I really like Chris Hogan.

I also don't know if Cordy Glenn should count, but he is for my money criminally underrated on this board. Outstanding left tackle who has played as well, if not better, over a consistent period for this team than Jason Peters did and yet Peters is still lauded and Glenn barely recognised. The team understands his value as the contract showed... but I feel like he is constantly overlooked by fans. After Shady he is our best football player.