Your favorite non-star/non-big name Bills of all time?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked Ray Bentley - his eye black was awesome!

We should have another thread for really likeable guys we liked that really weren't much good. ;)

Bentley was a serviceable player. Pretty decent at times, and always played his ass off. Really easy guy to like and still is.

Yup. Knew that. He had that one magical year. Right spot, right defense, right teammates and coaching. Was good the other two but didn't dominate. He had like 125 tackles for a pass rushing OLB, which is outrageous.

We missed him when he left but we got Seth Joyner shortly after.

So the likes of Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Kyle Williams, Joe D, Shaw etc.....wouldn't count.

These are players that were contributors, may not have been a top contributor, but someone you always rooted for. Maybe someone that does all the dirty work and didn't get the accolades. Maybe players in which the casual NFL never even heard of.

For me, it's Carwell Gardner, Kurt Schultz, Brad Butler (hated he retired early) and Gabe Northern.

Always was a big Jabari Greer guy. We used to chat quite a bit back at camp. Schobel was someone I enjoyed, Eric Moulds as well.

So the likes of Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Kyle Williams, Joe D, Shaw etc.....wouldn't count.

These are players that were contributors, may not have been a top contributor, but someone you always rooted for. Maybe someone that does all the dirty work and didn't get the accolades. Maybe players in which the casual NFL never even heard of.

For me, it's Carwell Gardner, Kurt Schultz, Brad Butler (hated he retired early) and Gabe Northern.

Jerry Ostroski, Don Beebe, Ollie Barnett

Marcus Price, decent back-up OT who always looked better than Mike "Puddinhead" Williams.

DB Cliff Hicks, nice waiver-wire pick-up in the SB-era, I never cringed when he was on the field.

Shane Nelson, one of the best undrafted Bills ever.

Marlo Perry, I don't know why but I always liked him.

Conrad Dobler, just a beast.

Earl Edwards, Lucius Sanford, Charles Romes, Kurt Schulz, and of course Leon Joe.

Edited by Rico