Who is your surprise cut?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt there will be any "surprise" cut. There will players very very liw down on the roster that fans seemingly have latched on as underdogs that will get cut. As sure as the sun shines someon will post a post stating how shocked they are because they seen them taxkle once, make a good catch once, hit the whole cleanly once, or may fav look good throwing the ball against air all in camp.

Literally the only way I will be shocked is if one of the following are cut or traded: Watkins, Dareus, K Williams, Incognito, Wood, Glenn, Mccoy, or Hughes.

My potential surprise cuts would be Henderson because he doesn't stay healthy and has issues with the good stuff to where he keeps getting suspended and Charles Clay because he makes to much and shows lack of production. Clay could be a difference maker or just a bad mistake of last years coaching staff. I know we are upside down with his contract but it might just be best to move on.

Why would it sting? 4th round pick who's never shown anything. No one would care.

Because he was drafted as a development QB, showed promise in half of his preseason appearances, did not **** the bed like EJ did in final game last year, has only taken 11 snaps in regular season games so far. Is very athletic/mobile to fit a Bills O-line that is poor at pass blocking, can handle windy bad weather games because he has a cannon.....

If that is how a team develops a project QB they are all dumb asses at One Bills Drive.

If CJ is cut then using that same Bills project strategy: If Bills had drafted Dak then he would have never been given a chance and then cut this year.

Edited by cba fan

I'll say Kyle Williams.

As players age, there's a big drop off with each next off-season.

That would be a huge surprise considering he was talked into coming back by the new Buffalo coaching staff. I'll go with Charles Clay.

Because he was drafted as a development QB, showed promise in half of his preseason appearances, did not **** the bed like EJ did in final game last year, has only taken 11 snaps in regular season games so far. Is very athletic/mobile to fit a Bills O-line that is poor at pass blocking, can handle windy bad weather games because he has a cannon.....

If that is how a team develops a project QB they are all dumb asses at One Bills Drive.

If CJ is cut then using that same Bills project strategy: If Bills had drafted Dak then he would have never been given a chance and then cut this year.

Two questions.

Who was the last qb that the bills actually sat to develop and if romo didn't get hurt do you think dak would have been the starter?

-------------

Preston isn't going anywhere. He's a natural 4-3 player on a rookie contract. He may not be retained, but he's not getting cut. As far as surprise? How about Tolbert and Wood.

Thank you. I keep seeing this on here and keep repeating it. Even if he doesn't start, Brown is on a dirt cheap rookie contract and would be a trusted player to step on the field in case of injury. He may not be here in 2018, but he will almost certainly be here in 2017.

It's my guess that Cardale played his last game in the final game last year against the Jets.

But why cut him ?

He's a physical specimen, and a big athletic bruiser.

Why not try him at tight end ? or defensive end ? or middle linebacker ?

something.................besides QB.....

I don't think this year, but not because the business is not cold enough. I just don't see the guys to push him out. Maybe I'm wrong, again.

switching back to a 4-3 will help keep his spot but even still, don't see anyone that has the "high motor" Like him right now. Edited by The Wiz

Nathan "Hot Dog" Peterman

Near zero chance a guy this regime drafted gets cut over Cardale Jones

It's my guess that Cardale played his last game in the final game last year against the Jets.

But why cut him ?

Because we aren't playing Madden. This is real life.

Trying to sneak him onto the practice squad? I wonder if they hide him a bit preseason? Hope he can develop in time...

You don't develop accuracy.

Trying to sneak him onto the practice squad? I wonder if they hide him a bit preseason? Hope he can develop in time...

...FAR too green and unaccomplished at collegiate level to be poached from practice squad.....yet Bills would NEVER carry 3 on active 53 ala TT, Yates & Peterman.....so who is the odd man out?....

My exact thought too. He's expensive and at the end of his career. I could see him traded to a contender with a DT injury as well.

i'd love to send him to atlanta. the more i think about it they may be able to get back and they need help defensively.

kyle may be the only buffalo bill i'd ever do this for besides fred jackson, but i'd trade him to new england just to win one.

If Yates starts looking good early, they may pull the plug on Cardale quickly... If only to give him a shot with another team... I'm dreading that day, but deep down I know it's a possibility. :cry:

Edited by #34fan

If Yates starts looking good early, they may pull the plug on Cardale quickly... If only to give him a shot with another team... I'm dreading that day, but deep down I know it's a possibility. :cry:

I don't think Yates' play is impacting any decisions. Yates is only there in case the other guys aren't at a point that they are comfortable with as a #2. He's not beating guys out. He may make the team but that's a function of Cardale and Peterman.

But why cut him ?

It would be cool if he turned into a 2017 version of Brad Smith...

(How's that for a useless, offseason debate???)

I don't think Yates' play is impacting any decisions. Yates is only there in case the other guys aren't at a point that they are comfortable with as a #2. He's not beating guys out. He may make the team but that's a function of Cardale and Peterman.

Agreed!