Rex and rob what clowns

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they still worked for the Bills I'd believe that they were breaking up a fight. But since they were fired, I'm sure that they were the ones starting it! lol

Seriously though, It really is hard to tell either way from that short 10 second clip. Rob grabbing a guy by the throat doesn't exactly look like someone breaking up a fight, but we didn't see anything leading up to that point so he very well could have been.

I don't really care one way or the other. I'm just glad that they are not representing my hometown team anymore. Rex seemed like a lot of fun, but I want someone who is truly dedicated to putting in the work necessary to win and from what's been said, it sounds like Rex was the last one in the building and first one to leave. IMO it seemed like he liked the celebrity that came with being a HC more than he liked the actual (endless) work it involved. I didn't like all the BS and trash talk either. I hated seeing my team made into a punchline so often. I wish him the best at ESPN though, even though he was too bitter to wish the same for my Bills.

Absolutely incredible these 2 were trying to lead a NFL franchise.

Crazy thing is, we still won some games with these bozos.

Excited to see what this new FO and staff can do with talent on hand!

That's one way to spin it. Rob grabbing the dude by the throat while cocking his fist was a textbook conflict resolution strategy.

:lol: That was my first thought as well. The best way to calm a situation down is to throat-grab the instigator.

Clowns indeed.

Edited by eball

In a way, I kinda miss them. If we're going to be a crappy football team, at least they were entertaining while being so. Hopefully McD makes us relevant, but if he doesn't, he better do something outrageous in the process.

In a way, I kinda miss them. If we're going to be a crappy football team, at least they were entertaining while being so. Hopefully McD makes us relevant, but if he doesn't, he better do something outrageous in the process.

One mans entertaining is another's embarrassment.

The Rex Ryan era was one of the biggest blunders and dark periods in Buffalo Bills history.

You see I have respect for you Peter because you were a Rex guy when he was here and are still defending him. I think you were wrong then and wrong now but when I look around this thread I see more than one person who spent a lot of time on here defending the Ryans over the past 2 years now joining in the criticism of their character with no sense of irony. Rex (and Rob) are who they have always been. Rex is the same guy now as he was the day he told us "we're going." Clown show then, clown show now, clown show forever.

Edited by GunnerBill

:lol: That was my first thought as well. The best way to calm a situation down is to throat-grab the instigator.

Clowns indeed.

They Ryans did nothing wrong. Some punk pushed Rex out of the way. Both of the brothers reacted but did so with a degree of control. No punches were thrown. Rob grabbed the punk by the throat and held him back. Rex reacted by shrugging the idiot away from him.

The brothers went into the bar to watch a hockey game and have some brews. Rex and Rob did nothing wrong. Rex was accosted and the brother stepped up. Good for him. The punk who first put his hands on Rex deserved an arse-whipping, but not in the joint.

The incident is not a big deal. In my view it is unfair to categorize either of the brothers as behaving inappropriately.

The Rex Ryan era was one of the biggest blunders and dark periods in Buffalo Bills history.

In strictly a football sense, a case could be made that Levy/Jauron were every bit as bad. They just lacked the theatrics.

And, if Brandon played a role in hiring these people, he should be fired. In fact, he should be fired even if he did not.

You see I have respect for you Peter because you were a Rex guy when he was here and are still defending him. I think you were wrong then and wrong now but when I look around this thread I see more than one person who spent a lot of time on here defending the Ryans over the past 2 years now joining in the criticism of their character with no sense of irony. Rex (and Rob) are who they have always been. Rex is the same guy now as he was the day he told us "we're going." Clown show then, clown show now, clown show forever.

From the links that have been shown what did the brothers do wrong? Rex was pushed by a punk and the brother responded in a reasonable manner. What does their chaotic coaching style have to do with this incident in the bar? There was no one who was more critical than I was regarding Rex and his "coaching show". Alluding to this bar scene to their incompetence on the sidelines is not only off base but unfair. There are plenty of reasons to criticize Rex as a coach. Associating this pushing and shoving match which they didn't initiate is unfair.