Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

I don't really give a !@#$ about losing Gilly but this does nothing but stir the hate I have for the *cheats.

!@#$ em and !@#$ all you *cheat fans that just can't get enough of a Bills fan message board. Take ur asses back to chowdaville and drown in some NE clam chowda you !@#$in loser !@#$s

otmm.gif

We need to f*ck right now to get this genital confusion worked out! :censored:

Meet me at LA Fitness in 20 minutes.

I call bottom.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 pages for a back-up RB in a passing league and on a board that at best thinks the current QB is adequate??

I liked TD Mike. But if fat Karlos had not turned to drugs Gillislee might have had 20 total carries last year.

I would have matched the offer only because the kid has produced and pick #163 is really a 6th round talent.

Can't wait for Thursday!!!

Debatable. Alexander looked more sexy due to the sacks. Brown is 6 years younger than Lorenzo who is 33 and on the downside of a pretty bad career.

2 pro-bowls, known for being a top tier special teamer.

Not an elite career but solid. Did you know he also played Oline, DT, and Tight End?

But going on the one year, you could argue either way which one had the better year, but Zach Brown earned a one year contract for 2.5 million all the while Zo earned a two-year contract worth 9 million with 4.1 million GTD. Even the older Alexander was valued more than Brown.

:lol:

Just when you think you have heard it all, folks...stay tuned...this is starting to get good...

Starting? Are you shitting me? These two are perfect, they should provide more of this banter during work hours though. That would make my days more enjoyable.

Correct on both counts.

But keeping MG wouldn't change that calculus for either team.

?? -- Really?? How do you figure? Please explain. Know that i come from the school which regards Gillislee as objectively good. I also come from the school that prefers known good players to unknowns or guys who look bad to date (Jonathan Williams). Edited by dave mcbride

18 pages for a back-up RB in a passing league and on a board that at best thinks the current QB is adequate??

I liked TD Mike. But if fat Karlos had not turned to drugs Gillislee might have had 20 total carries last year.

I would have matched the offer only because the kid has produced and pick #163 is really a 6th round talent.

Can't wait for Thursday!!!

It may be a passing league but the Bills are not a passing team. As you probably know, we were #1 in rushing yards, #1 in ypc (by a good margin), and #2 in rushing attempts last year.

The Bills don't have a lot of good things going for them. But the rushing attack is one. So why mess with it?

MG was highly productive as Shady's backup. Here are some interesting observations from PFF

• Gillislee earned an overall PFF grade of 76.4, which ranked 14th among qualified RBs in the 2016 season.
  • He averaged 3.34 yards after contact, the third-best mark among RBs last season.
  • His 43.3 breakaway percentage (percentage of yards which came from runs of 15-plus yards) ranked third among qualified RBs in 2016. He had 10 runs of 15 or more yards.
  • He ranked eighth among RBs with an elusive rating (how hard the runner is to bring down independent of blocking, taking into account forced missed tackles and yards after contact) of 57.6 last season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-need-to-match-new-england-offer-on-mike-gillislee/

It may be a passing league but the Bills are not a passing team. As you probably know, we were #1 in rushing yards, #1 in ypc (by a good margin), and #2 in rushing attempts last year.

The Bills don't have a lot of good things going for them. But the rushing attack is one. So why mess with it?

MG was highly productive as Shady's backup. Here are some interesting observations from PFF

• Gillislee earned an overall PFF grade of 76.4, which ranked 14th among qualified RBs in the 2016 season.
  • He averaged 3.34 yards after contact, the third-best mark among RBs last season.
  • His 43.3 breakaway percentage (percentage of yards which came from runs of 15-plus yards) ranked third among qualified RBs in 2016. He had 10 runs of 15 or more yards.
  • He ranked eighth among RBs with an elusive rating (how hard the runner is to bring down independent of blocking, taking into account forced missed tackles and yards after contact) of 57.6 last season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-need-to-match-new-england-offer-on-mike-gillislee/

Because it's the one thing the Bills franchise always seems to do well, no matter what. Whether it's Cookie Gilchrist, OJ Simpson, Greg Bell, Robb Riddick, Thurman, Kenny Davis, Derrick Holmes, Jonathan Linton, Antowain Smith, Travis Henry, Sammy Morris, Willis McGahee, Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Karlos Williams, Mike Gillislee, or Shady McCoy... The Bills will run the ball.

?? -- Really?? How do you figure? Please explain. Know that i come from the school which regards Gillislee as objectively good. I also come from the school that prefers known good players to unknowns or guys who look bad to date (Jonathan Williams).

The post I was responding to posited that this move made the P*triots better and the Bills worse. I agreed.

But the P*triots were better than the Bills before they got TD Mike, and would still be better than the Bills if they had retained his services. The point being, MG isn't going to be the guy who determines whether or not the Bills beat the Cheats and visa versa.

I'm a TD Mike fan. The team is worse off without him. But it's not the death blow by any stretch as it's being made out to be by some in this thread. I was merely pointing that out.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

To anyone saying a 5th round pick is adequate compensation for a RB that led the NFL in yards per carry last year for a team that is trying to build a run-first offense, I'd just like to point out this team just gave up getting a 3rd & 4th next year for Ducasse and Davis. (who combined will now be making approximately what we would have had to pay to match Gillislee's offer, so not even a salary cap benefit)

I'd prefer Gillislee + 3rd round pick + 4th round pick over Ducasse/Davis. I'm not convinced anyone currently at OBD knows how to build/maintain an NFL roster..

i rhink everyone should read this word for word and really feel how clueless Whaley is.

The post I was responding to posited that this move made the P*triots better and the Bills worse. I agreed.

But the P*triots were better than the Bills before they got TD Mike, and would still be better than the Bills if they had retained his services. The point being, MG isn't going to be the guy who determines whether or not the Bills beat the Cheats and visa versa.

I'm a TD Mike fan. The team is worse off without him. But it's not the death blow by any stretch as it's being made out to be by some in this thread. I was merely pointing that out.

Miami lost to NE twice last season and still made the WC. Losing good talent doesn't help the Bills chances of making a WC.

Good.

They maybe messed up by not putting the 2nd round tender, but don't double down by overpaying. That's how the terrorists (aka Pats) win.

Yup. And in the end we signed a street FA and essentially traded him for a 5th.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to keep MG, but you don't negotiate with terrorists.

Gillislee, 26, was the Bills' No. 2 running back last season behind LeSean McCoy, rushing 101 times for 577 yards and eight touchdowns. Among NFL running backs with a qualifying number of carries, Gillislee led the league in yards per rush (5.71), rushes per touchdown (12.6), first-down rate on rushes (38.6 percent) and third-down conversion rate on rushes (75 percent).

a 5th round pick should replace that pretty easily I would think. smh

Dont stop the narrative here. Dont you know these cliches:

Just another guy.

Rbs are a dime a dozen.

Udrfa blah blah

I mean we ahould be able to find jordan howard in the 5th.

Dont stop the narrative here. Dont you know these cliches:

Just another guy.

Rbs are a dime a dozen.

Udrfa blah blah

I mean we ahould be able to find jordan howard in the 5th.

Cliches become so because the subject matter comes up again and again

A lot of brave talk here. Wait 'till Shady gets hurt. Wait'til shady can't hold up to 25 carries/game. JWilliams not yet a proven pro. It takes TWO good rb's to succeed, and we will have one proven...and another....oh well. I am glad I didn't reup the season tickets.

A lot of brave talk here. Wait 'till Shady gets hurt. Wait'til shady can't hold up to 25 carries/game. JWilliams not yet a proven pro. It takes TWO good rb's to succeed, and we will have one proven...and another....oh well. I am glad I didn't reup the season tickets.

Brave? Come on it's talk about one guy on a football team.

Why did no other NFL team think MG was worth a 5th round pick at that salary, but we're the dumdums?

Do you understand the term signed to an offer sheet?

Which ever team has the largest offer/best team usually gets the player to sign the offer sheer. Teams dont report such and such player might sign an offer sheet...

Saying multiple metrics is the easiest way to show that you don't understand football. He had 100 carries and 1 reception. Nice stat line but a gimmick one too. SM

It's like saying that a pinch hitter with 100 AB who had the highest OPS would do the same thing getting starter ABs.

Did the pinch hitter score 12% of his teams runs on the season?

Miami lost to NE twice last season and still made the WC. Losing good talent doesn't help the Bills chances of making a WC.

I agree.

But I don't think MG's numbers or impact is impossible to replicate for cheaper. Hence, the outrage expressed in this thread (to me) is slightly misplaced.

Do you think with Hogan , Gilmore , and MG in the fold the Bills would unseat the Pats? Do you think that without these three players , the Pats would not simply plug in someone else from another team and continue to win? Don't let the fact that they sign a few Bills players cloud your judgement. I'm betting their Super Bowl odds across the country would be no different without these signings.

Yes under the right coach. The Bills can beat the Pats. I have faith.

Farewell to His Dizziness, TD Mike Gillespie (sic). Two years in a row, the Bills lowball a tender, and the Pats get a good player. The Bills definitely came out on the short end of this deal. Maybe someone can do what TD Mike did, maybe not. What is indisputable is that backup RB is now a question mark going in to 2017. JWill did not impress with the fumblerooskis. No idea who the dumpster dive guys are.

i rhink everyone should read this word for word and really feel how clueless Whaley is.

he forgot the 5th we get for mg, and that 3rd and 4th comp wouldnt be gauranteed. They also depend on how the playing time and other things. If it just went by player additions and subtractions we would have gotta a 6th or 7th this year but didnt.

They were probably counting on guys like douzable, bryant and felton getting signed but they havent yet

He's better than the fifth round pick.

And you know this how?

What do you mean? Are you asking because you don't know? Obviously next man up, in this case JWill or a draft pick. Not that complicated and not that big of a difference.

Who the heck is Bryan Henning? I am asking because I don't know.

Obviously a guy that thinks a 27 year old back is the future for McCoy lol