Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol because OBD knows how to win. They should have placed the second round tender on him to begin with.

Debatable. It wasn't exactly a huge discussion when they didn't.

They may know more than we do about the potential of Jonathan Williams. Top prospect before his injury, and back to 100% by what we're hearing. And I don't really care that he didn't look good last year - 25 carries is not any kind of measure.

Debatable. It wasn't exactly a huge discussion when they didn't.

They may know more than we do about the potential of Jonathan Williams. Top prospect before his injury, and back to 100% by what we're hearing. And I don't really care that he didn't look good last year - 25 carries is not any kind of measure.

It's not just being questionable on his talent. It's having to use a draft pick, when this roster is full of holes, on another RB.

It's not just being questionable on his talent. It's having to use a draft pick, when this roster is full of holes, on another RB.

Why do they have to use a draft pick?

We're talking about needing a 3rd string guy here.

Why do they have to use a draft pick?

We're talking about needing a 3rd string guy here.

You are hoping that Williams will be good. we already knew MG was. McCoy could miss time with injuries and there is no legit back behind him right now. MG was a nice change of pace back.

You are hoping that Williams will be good. we already knew MG was. McCoy could miss time with injuries and there is no legit back behind him right now. MG was a nice change of pace back.

Good at that, yes - but not quite as good when he had to start. Williams may be better on that front.

Again, they may know more about Williams right now than we do, and have a higher level of confidence that he can fill in just as well if not better, and at lower cost.

I'm confused that people are worried about depth...who do the pats have for a backup RB? Do they need to panic that they only h ave the Bills backup?

Mike Gillislee B-)

But in seriousness, Pats are a bad example. They have 5 RBs now, so a lot of depth.

The media spin cracks me up. If we matched it would have been "Belichick strikes again, forces the Bills to overpay a backup running back" but since we didn't match it's "Belichick strikes again, steals up and coming player from the Bills."

If you look at Pats message boards, a lot of people are not very pleased with this move, giving up a draft pick to pay a former backup like a starter.

Mike Gillislee B-)

But in seriousness, Pats are a bad example. They have 5 RBs now, so a lot of depth.

Pats fans are saying now that their running attack will be unstoppable. Not sure I see the logic there. They just have more backs than usual.

Pats fans are saying now that their running attack will be unstoppable. Not sure I see the logic there. They just have more backs than usual.

do they think they are still signing Blount too? If MG plays like he did pre-Bills he will be cut next year. BB doesn't play around. Edited by YoloinOhio

do they think they are still signing Blount too? If MG plays like he did pre-Bills he will be cut next year.

Could happen if he makes any more boneheaded mistakes like he did on that kickoff BB is the one and done type and I like MG but I also realize he was assisted by Shady's success as well.

Edited by Captain Murica

Could happen if he makes any more boneheaded mistakes like he did on that kickoff BB is the one and done type and I like MG but I also realize he was assisted by Shady's success as well.

or after Reggie Ragland rips his head off behind the LOS. Did I just say that? :lol:

Sorry but their OL looked like **** in the SB and I don't see any improvements. Solder retired, Shaq Mason is still having nightmares about Grady Jarrett and they just cut 2014 pick Tre Jackson.

Edited by YoloinOhio

or after Reggie Ragland rips his head off behind the LOS. Did I just say that? :lol:

Sorry but their OL looked like **** in the SB and I don't see any improvements. Solder retired, Shaq Mason is still having nightmares about Grady Jarrett and they just cut 2014 pick Tre Jackson.

From that sentiment right there I predict a lot of 3 step drops in the future and not the greatest of running attacks.

So I did some looking in the stadium wall archives.

Gilly re-signing on January 4th, 2016 did not even generate a thread. It didn't even get a 26cornerblitz post!

1 year later and we have a 60+ and 30+ page thread. For a guy with 100 carries. I wonder how many pages this thread would be if say Tampa Bay signed him

Solder is still their LT...Vollmer retired

Yoyo asked earlier in the thread if MG had played well with the Bills in 2015......couldn't remember......but lots-o-pinions on the subject. :beer:

The reward is the journey.......thru twitter.....apparently.

The season.....meh. :flirt:

ah yes typo. Still need a LT though - Solder's deal is up this year and they rarely pay their own. Doubt they find his replacement in the 3rd or later of this draft. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm sure his nightmares are helped by the fact that his team won the SB.

The one having nightmares is our league MVP, who pissed away a 25 point lead in the 3rd quarter and couldn't just get a few first downs to grind some clock.

Then when given a 1st and 10 at the NE 22 with an 8 point lead and 3 minutes and change to go, STILL couldn't keep it together enough to even try a FG.

Plus I'm having nightmares too... I'm sure Shaw Mason is fine because when it counted he blocked his man well enough to earn the W

Gilly re-signing on January 4th, 2016 did not even generate a thread. It didn't even get a 26cornerblitz post!

1 year later and we have a 60+ and 30+ page thread. For a guy with 100 carries. I wonder how many pages this thread would be if say Tampa Bay signed him

I'd guess about 5-10

And they Batman is the world's greatest detective

I'm sure his nightmares are helped by the fact that his team won the SB.

The one having nightmares is our league MVP, who pissed away a 25 point lead in the 3rd quarter and couldn't just get a few first downs to grind some clock.

Then when given a 1st and 10 at the NE 22 with an 8 point lead and 3 minutes and change to go, STILL couldn't keep it together enough to even try a FG.

Plus I'm having nightmares too... I'm sure Shaw Mason is fine because when it counted he blocked his man well enough to earn the W

unless he is retiring he still needs to keep playing and will probably have PTSD from the game. Film don't lie and film don't die.... every DC will try to copy what Atlanta did to that OL. Isaiah Prince's team beat Michigan but that doesn't mean he doesn't still see Taco Charlton in his nightmares. SB ring won't mean much next year. Of course he's lucky that TB throws the balll in less than 2 seconds. If Grandpa TB gets hurt and he's blocking for Jeneane or Jackie Brissett, good luck to him. Edited by YoloinOhio

The media spin cracks me up. If we matched it would have been "Belichick strikes again, forces the Bills to overpay a backup running back" but since we didn't match it's "Belichick strikes again, steals up and coming player from the Bills."

If you look at Pats message boards, a lot of people are not very pleased with this move, giving up a draft pick to pay a former backup like a starter.

Once again, it didn't have to come to this.

Here i will say it very slow.

To flip a street UFA to a 5th round pick is actually decent value.

Does saying it slower help you process your own bull ****?

It matters not one whit whether the player was a street UFA or not. His value was in his production, not in his draft status. Would you trade Tom Brady for a third round pick? No, because that argument is asinine.

the Pats traded a 5th rd pick in this draft for one season of Barkevious Mingo, already gone to the Colts. Think about that. This season they are trying to replace Marcellus Bennett's production with Dwayne Allen (skeptical), Blount's production with 2 RBs they are collectively paying 7.5 mill for this season, and they traded a 1st round pick for a player they didn't need who is a FA in 2018. They also have no LT, in a terrible OT draft, where they don't pick until the 3rd round. Their moves have been far less than genius, but they have Brady and it doesn't matter (so far). Until he gets hurt.

I know yet everyone holds them up as some shining example, but in reality if you have the best QB by far in the league it is hard to do anything else wrong.

Edited by Rochesterfan

I know yet everyone holds them up as some shining example, but in reality if you have the best QB by far in the league it is hard to do anything else wrong.

Hogwash. Quarterback is the most important position in the NFL by far, but it is not as important as all the others combined, by far.

Non-playoff teams with top tier quarterbacks: Colts, Saints, Chargers, Panthers, Bengals.

Other non-playoff teams with franchise quarterbacks: Buccaneers, Titans, Ravens.

Any interest in signing LeGarrette Blount? He had a very good season for the Pats last year. It would be nice to effectively trade MG for LGB plus a fifth, and stick the Pats with a $4M bill for a RB who might not even start for them.

Especially if he on paper takes a very small part of the cap. I am sure Kraft compensates him outside the league rules.

Especially if he on paper takes a very small part of the cap. I am sure Kraft compensates him outside the league rules.

like I said, they really are in a different universe than the rest of the league. But, imo, it's a ticking time bomb. Won't be fast enough for us, though.

Any interest in signing LeGarrette Blount? He had a very good season for the Pats last year. It would be nice to effectively trade MG for LGB plus a fifth, and stick the Pats with a $4M bill for a RB who might not even start for them.

In his final six games including the postseason in 2016, Blount had 86 carries for 241 yards. That's a healthy sample size, and it's 2.8 yards ypc. And he looked that slow too.

Will be interested to see how Mike makes out in NE. Dont see him in the mould of what I imagine the prototypical #1 NE RB is like - a tough inside runner capable of getting the short yardage when needed but athletic enuf to break out on other downs. Mike and Blount are very different backs. Do their guards pull a lot or can they if required. Are their WRs and D Allen good blockers?

Call me crazy, but I trust the evil hoodie and the Pats organization in general opinions over a bunch of !@#$s on a message board. Particularly a Pats message board.

Solder retired? I think you mean Vollmer. Who hadnt played in almost 2 years.

Mason is a better run blocker than pass blocker. Pats are usually pretty consistant in the run game.