Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another dumb front office move that will keep us out of the playoffs. Not only did we give up a top-tier back up, we gave him up to the Pats, our arch nemesis. Once again the Pats buy low. Mark my word - Gillislee will rush for 1200+ yards and contend for the league lead in rushing this year...

Hopefully jwill isnt suspended for his dui, mccoy doesnt get injured, and we draft a late round rb thats capable of getting 8 tds on 101 touches.

Well fwiw MG was a 5th, Karlos was capable of scoring 7 TDs in 7 games and didn't even start out in College as an RB. Teams find productive RBs without high picks these days.

Thank god, that other thread can die.

I'll miss him, but man I want more picks. Maybe trade the Pats and Dallas fifths for a fourth.

We know what you mean but this is still funny :)

2 -1 = 1.

net loss = 1

Just math baby....

Phew. Liked MG but no big deal and we pick up a draft pick.

This feels like bizarro world. Pats overpay for a backup RB and have like 5RBs on the roster and Bills don't panic, take the cap space and mid round pick.

Another dumb front office move that will keep us out of the playoffs. Not only did we give up a top-tier back up, we gave him up to the Pats, our arch nemesis. Once again the Pats buy low. Mark my word - Gillislee will rush for 1200+ yards and contend for the league lead in rushing this year...

Actually the Bills bought low when they picked up a RB off the scrap heap and sold high when they turned him into a 5th round pick.

how many yards would he have rushed for buffalo? 500 again? Maybe?

Is the contract worth it if he runs for 500? What about if his replacement runs for 400? 4 million dollars for an extra hundred yards?

But no - lets pay him for what he might accomplish with a better rb situation (hes not the defined #2), and with a better team.

Edited by dneveu

I wish teams could put any rd tender on their players.

Pats got a great deal for Gillislee for a 5th.

Bills probably couldn't have got a 3rd, but a 4th and a late 4th probably would be good for both teams.

Three 5th round picks, plus a possible trade down may give us ammo to get additional picks in the 3rd....

Imagine a late 1st, two second rd picks and three 3rd round picks. It's possible.... we may not have those three 5ths when it's said and done but we may be able to deal for 5 or 6 picks in first 3 rounds

Good move by the Bills not to act on emotion due to it being the patriots and match the offer.

+1 McD doesn't have the Pats scar tissue and was able to take the emotion out of it and make the right decision for this team going forward Edited by YoloinOhio

Mark my word - Gillislee will rush for 1200+ yards and contend for the league lead in rushing this year...

Can't see that with White and Burkhead back there as well

Edited by CNY315

Mike G. Will have more all purpose yards from this day forward than Shady. That's the red hot take.

I think he has more time on the DL than Shady, but nowhere near more all purpose yards