Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

he was worth $2.76 million thats for sure. McDermott cannot be happy with Overdorf and Whaley for this gaffe. It worked with Groy, but we lost with TD Mike.

The only way to mitigate this poor management move is to hit on the patriots 5th round pick, which is now ours.

This is utterly wrong. We could find a fast backup RB off of someone else's scrap heap and we will be fine, we don't have exactly one pick to find his replacement. In fact this is the one thing Whaley excels at, finding contributors from other teams' scrap heaps. The run game is literally the least of our worries next year.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so you're saying he's going to lead the league in all those categories again next year??

Where did I say that? The point is that he did that and now the best coach in the NFL just poached him and made him their #1 back.

Edited by Turk71

There's a reason why Whaley makes the bottom tier of GMs on most people's lists.

For his drafting and cap management, not his handling of free agency. We have been very good at free agency since Whaley took over. He leaves other GM skills to be desired.

Where did I say that? The point is that he did that and now the best coach in the NFL just poached him and made him their #1 back.

Trying to understand how much you put into these stats since you have said the same thing over and over again without really saying what that means when you put him into a full time role.

He'll get 1000 yards for them. He was a very good player for us. His production is not that easily replaceable. he was important in an offense that is so run heavy.

They have 3 other backs, they tailor their offense to what the defense does week by week (some weeks Brady throws 50 times), and Gillislee has not shown he can take the kind of workload to get 100 yards, even if the Pats put that kind of workload on him. Which they won't

I have no doubt MG will be a useful addition for them, but to claim he'all run for over a 1000 is butt hurt hysteria.

For his drafting and cap management, not his handling of free agency. We have been very good at free agency since Whaley took over. He leaves other GM skills to be desired.

Has he really been very good at free agency though? Clays contract is pretty bad. McCoy didn't need a new contract but they gave him one anyways. He didn't find a suitable WR when the position is weak. Our best linebacker last year went to another team because he was only signed to a one year deal and they didn't re-up it. Sure he found some gems but I wouldn't call his work in FA "very good."

I would much rather our GM draft well and manage cap space well rather then know how to throw money at FAs until they run out of cap room.

Trying to understand how much you put into these stats since you have said the same thing over and over again without really saying what that means when you put him into a full time role.

Time will tell. Not trying to predict the future, just interpreting the past. Fact is, MG has been really good and NE is betting he will continue to be. Not that hard to understand.

Has he really been very good at free agency though? Clays contract is pretty bad. McCoy didn't need a new contract but they gave him one anyways. He didn't find a suitable WR when the position is weak. Our best linebacker last year went to another team because he was only signed to a one year deal and they didn't re-up it. Sure he found some gems but I wouldn't call his work in FA "very good."

I would much rather our GM draft well and manage cap space well rather then know how to throw money at FAs until they run out of cap room.

Thought Overdorf does the contracts.

Badnuts isn't depressing, he's a mentally unstable narcissist prone to doubling down on his bad takes and who completely lacks a sense of humor about himself.

That makes him hilarious, not depressing.

I'd be lost without you......you are like the nagging wife I never had.

And I actually like Badnuts....it's funny :thumbsup: ....perhaps the best thing you've ever written :flirt: .......would that be my screen name if I lost the bet?

Too bad we didn't have a name for you that sounded just like Badnuts but depicted your lack of intestinal fortitude.....Bad-hmmmmmmm :flirt::lol:

Do you know how much restraint it takes to not hit some of the beachballs you keep lobbing to the plate? ANY idea? :lol:

Our best LB was Alexander and he's back. They restructured Clay.

I kinda feel like this was the plan with him all alone, they would rather have the draft pick and roll with a vet like Mike Tolbert. Also, had they tendered him a 2nd round pick, he could have held out, with the thought process being, that if Buf valued him that much, they should pay him. Now we have some power to get back into the late 3rd or early 4th and pick up a need.

And some Bills fans are just down.

#$%^ some of you are depressing as all hell.

Your avatar conveys the thought that you might just not be happy.

If you come to a Bills board expecting to be filled with positive energy........yeah, no. :lol:

Let me take a note:

"Captain Murica.....#DFW" :thumbsup:

I'd be lost without you......you are like the nagging wife I never had.

And I actually like Badnuts....it's funny :thumbsup: ....perhaps the best thing you've ever written :flirt: .......would that be my screen name if I lost the bet?

Too bad we didn't have a name for you that sounded just like Badnuts but depicted your lack of intestinal fortitude.....Bad-hmmmmmmm :flirt::lol:

Do you know how much restraint it takes to not hit some of the beachballs you keep lobbing to the plate? ANY idea? :lol:

Yes, you're a pillar of restraint. And sanity. And honesty. And you have a set of fully functioning nuts.

No... wait. I got those reversed.

Keep on digging that hole. You're almost to China at this point.

We disagree. just added another hole to a roster full of too many.

holes will be filled. it's april, the roster is not set.

you want to live in doom and gloom, join the other few around here and have a doom and gloom party. meanwhile those that understand the roster is not set and it's months before the season even opens will wait it out and save any criticism, if necessary, for that time.

icon_gloomy.gif

holes will be filled. it's april, the roster is not set.

you want to live in doom and gloom, join the other few around here and have a doom and gloom party. meanwhile those that understand the roster is not set and it's months before the season even opens will wait it out and save any criticism, if necessary, for that time.

icon_gloomy.gif

Sal M was on the radio and he says he has a strong hunch that Whaley will be fired after the draft. That will lighten the mood up some.

Our best LB was Alexander and he's back. They restructured Clay.

Our best LB was Zach Brown and he is gone. Clays contract restructured is still bad. He counts 9 mil against the cap for the duration. The restructure was done to give us cap space last season. Had they not restructured him he would have cost 7.5 mil against the cap next 3 seasons instead of 9.

Our best LB was Zach Brown and he is gone. Clays contract restructured is still bad. He counts 9 mil against the cap for the duration. The restructure was done to give us cap space last season. Had they not restructured him he would have cost 7.5 mil against the cap next 3 seasons instead of 9.

Alexander. Brown's play declined the last third of the year.

Sal M was on the radio and he says he has a strong hunch that Whaley will be fired after the draft. That will lighten the mood up some.

I think that's an insane hunch. Pegulas cannot be in any rush to fire somebody right now, especially right after the draft. That would reek of total dysfunction. Firing our GM after the draft would immediately solidly us as the biggest laughingstocks in the NFL. I don't know if it's just wishful thinking on Sal's part, but it's not happening. Whaley gets this year. I'm not a big fan but of his let's at least see what Lawson and Ragland look like this year. And who we pick up. We still have the draft, then more free agency, then the end of training camp where we will pick up players cut by other teams, then the end of preseason where we will do the same. I can't work up the energy to worry about our 2nd string RB in April.

don't know if I buy in to that notion. I mean, why wait for after the draft?

I'm sure those wanting a QB at 10 might want him fired when he doesn't take one at 10 but I don't see him fired regardless.

stranger things have happened.

I don't really give a !@#$ about losing Gilly but this does nothing but stir the hate I have for the *cheats.

!@#$ em and !@#$ all you *cheat fans that just can't get enough of a Bills fan message board. Take ur asses back to chowdaville and drown in some NE clam chowda you !@#$in loser !@#$s

Yes, you're a pillar of restraint. And sanity. And honesty. And you have a set of fully functioning nuts.

No... wait. I got those reversed.

Keep on digging that hole. You're almost to China at this point.

We need to f*ck right now to get this genital confusion worked out! :censored:

Meet me at LA Fitness in 20 minutes.

don't know if I buy in to that notion. I mean, why wait for after the draft?

I'm sure those wanting a QB at 10 might want him fired when he doesn't take one at 10 but I don't see him fired regardless.

stranger things have happened.

Could be a very interesting week and next.