Jordan Poyer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'll be a warm body. I see us drafting one, this class is way to deep not to come away with someone.

Hyde at least gives me comfort that we won't take Peppers from Michigan.

Poyer on the other hand, I don't see being a starter.

I saw in an article that he was possibly gone for the season after suffering a lacerated kidney against Tennessee in October, that sounds awful. It did state he was a FS, which I don't know what this means for Graham as I figured if he was going to be a safety for us that would be where he would play

From Chris Trapasso

Random: New #Bills DB Jordan Poyer was my No. 1 cornerback in the 2014 draft class. Has played safety in the NFL though.

hmm maybe a CB for us?

Chris, he was a 7th round pick...there's no way that's true.

As to position, if Chris Brown lists him as a safety, then I would bet that's where the team intends for him to play.

So he was IR'd after 6 games last season when he suffered a lacerated kidney. He had 29 tackles, 10 assists and 2 pass defenses in those games.

Anyone watch him play? Is it possible since he got hurt that he is flying under the radar? Perhaps he is a ST'er?

Edited by Bray Wyatt

So he was IR'd after 6 games when he suffered a lacerated kidney. He had 29 tackles, 10 assists and 2 pass defenses in those games.

Anyone watch him play? Is it possible since he got hurt that he is flying under the radar? Perhaps he is a ST'er?

I think Whaley saw pictures of his girl and wants to take a shot.

I think he'll be a warm body. I see us drafting one, this class is way to deep not to come away with someone.

Don't be so sure.

Hyde is just one piece of the puzzle. Graham is on the wrong side of 30, and Poyer could just be depth.

Safety could still be an issue come draft day.

If they do take Peppers, I would hope they would do so after trading down first.

Seems more like depth or possible camp battle depending on who else we bring in. I cant say much about this pick up untill his contract #'s are released, anyone see them yet?

Yea he definitely has a smokin hot old lady!

His girlfriend is smoke show. That's my entire scouting report on him.

https://www.instagram.com/rachelbush/?hl=en

Too soon to give this post/link the

"post of the century".

Pin this link somehow!

Holy Christ, she is beyond amazing.

The Bills just won Free Agency.....well the fans did I suppose by getting her on board.

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- Defensive back was viewed as a position of need for the Buffalo Bills, and they addressed that need within an hour of free agency opening by signing former Packers safety Micah Hyde and former Browns safety Jordan Poyer.

Hyde is the higher profile of the two signings and his $30 million contract with $14 million guaranteed reflects that. However, Poyer will have a chance to contribute to the Bills in 2017 as well.

Here's what to know about him.

He's versatile

Poyer was an All-American cornerback at Oregon State but has since moved to safety in the NFL. That versatility is important in Sean McDermott's coverage scheme. Poyer can play multiple positions in the secondary, something the Bills could use after losing Stephon Gilmore, Aaron Williams and Nickell Robey-Coleman this week.

He ended last season in IR

Poyer's final season in Cleveland was cut short due to a lacerated kidney he suffered against the Tennessee Titans on this dirty hit.

via GIPHY

That's a tough injury to bounce back from. He started all six games before the injury, however.

He can play special teams

Poyer has experience playing on special teams as a gunner and as a return man. He returned punts for Cleveland at the end of the 2013 season and was among the Browns' leaders in special teams tackles in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

He fills a need

The Bills got awfully thin at defensive back in a matter of days losing Aaron Williams, Nickell-Robey Coleman and Stephon Gilmore. Poyer, along with Hyde, helps ease the blow a bit. This signing points to the value McDermott is putting on versatility in the secondary.

He was recruited as a two-sport athlete

Oregon State originally recruited Poyer to play both baseball and football. His early success on the football field caused him to focus all of his attention on that sport, and it paid off. He made it to a second NFL contract.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/03/5_things_to_know_about_new_buffalo_bills_db_jordan_poyer.html

With Gilmore and Robey gone...probably 3rd or 4th CB. I think Seymour starts

His girlfriend is smoke show. That's my entire scouting report on him.

https://www.instagram.com/rachelbush/?hl=en

that's enough for me