If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would find ourselves in another Tyrodesque situation. One year left of his contract, is that long enough for a frank evaluation? Kinda what happened with Kirk Cousins, I guess we could franchise him for 2018.

Wouldn't send a 1st for him. I could live with a 2nd, I think he showed enough ability in the games he played to be worth a gamble. If he falls flat, no long term ties to him. Why not?

The way I look at it is, if he was in this upcoming draft, would I take him in the 2nd rd? I would.

I do realize his contract is coming up but if he's the real deal I'm not worried about that as much with the tag. QB is everything and if he does work out to be the guy it's worth it and you get one cheap year to evaluate.

Pats spent a 2nd on him so if you trust their Scouts...

Edited by YoloinOhio

The way I look at it is, if he was in this upcoming draft, would I take him in the 2nd rd? I would.

I do realize his contract is coming up but if he's the real deal I'm not worried about that as much with the tag. QB is everything and if he does work out to be the guy it's worth it and you get one cheap year to evaluate.

Absolutely and do it as soon as the season ends so he has plenty of time to wash that Patriot stink off of himself.

For a 2nd rounder you get a better passer and you get out from the Tyrod extension, upgrade and shows forward thinking.

I don't think they consider the Bills a rival but I agree it would stupid of them to trade in division if they think he's any good. However, if Bills are the best offer, I don't put it past them to take the draft pick so they can draft another backup they don't have to pay.

I feel like their college scouts whiff a lot, but maybe that is just me being a hater.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/10/former-browns-patriots-exec-sees-a-garoppolo-trade-to-cleveland/related/

Yes and a 2nd. Granted it's only been 3 games but I like what I see from Jeneane.

Under normal circumstances I'd be inclined him a shot for our second - plus a conditional in 2018 based on performance and whether or not he re-signs here. The issues I see with Garoppolo are:

- 2017 is the last season he's under contract.

- We got such a limited look at him. Wentz looked damn good until teams figured him out. Now he looks terrible. Is Jimmy a handful of games from the same?

- I just don't trust Belichick. I get that he has Brady and wants to get premium value for Garoppolo while he can, but he's hosed so many teams out of so many good picks for middling (or worse) QBs that I'm gun shy. Don't forget that Garoppolo would net a substantial comp pick down the road if he hits FA. He's looking for more value, sooner. And it doesn't help that Bill's shill, Mike Lombardi, is already trying to drive up his trade value.

When taken together I have to pass. I'd rather use a 1st or 2nd on a highly talented developmental QB in this draft than hand picks over to Belichick for a QB he knows so very well. I think some team is going to get burned on this.

If BB is willing to trade him to a division rival then that's enough to make me not want to do it.

Exactly...just like Bledsoe...

Will he be another Cassell? System QB who plays like crap elsewhere outside the system?

2nd or 3rd. I'd be suspicious of the Pats. I'd also consider trading for Mike Glennon. He may only cost a 3rd or 4th.

The best approach, IMO, is not to trade for any QB, but to pickup someone who may be cut like Cutler, Bradford, etc. And pare them with C. Jones and a rookie (perhaps Rudolph, from OK State--thinking first 3 rounds are non QB picks this year).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/10/former-browns-patriots-exec-sees-a-garoppolo-trade-to-cleveland/related/

Yes and a 2nd. Granted it's only been 3 games but I like what I see from Jeneane.

A 2nd, no way. He has barely been exposed to NFL defenses and we have seen what happens to hyped QBs who finally come back to earth.

Yup, like others have said, if he is good, BB and the Pats won't let him go cheap, and it will be even more expensive to a division rival. If BB and the Pats let him go cheap, even for just a 1St or 2ND rounder to a division rival, he isn't as good as people want to believe he is. How many QBs have the Pats dealt that have been worth picking up?

I agree with the idea of trying to trade for someone like Glennon who is stuck behind another QB and take a chance on them working out and being decent. Bradford and Cutler I wouldn't waste my time with, they aren't coming here to compete for a job or to be caretakers for a year or 2 until the bills find someone else. Romo is too old and brittle for this team and will cost way too much.

If they don't give Tyrod another year, the best option for next year is to try and trade for another TT type QB (young backup who may be stuck behind someone not on the patriots) and draft someone else early if there's someone with potential.

This is all unless Rex is still around next season, cause if he is here it won't matter who's the QB, they aren't doing anything and it's another wasted year.

i actually don't think he would but I brought it up in the shoutbox the other day and bandit reminded me about Bledsoe

And look how that went for the two sides.

Add in that this includes him trading the young guy and keeping the old guy and I'd be particularly worried.

Under normal circumstances I'd be inclined him a shot for our second - plus a conditional in 2018 based on performance and whether or not he re-signs here. The issues I see with Garoppolo are:

- 2017 is the last season he's under contract.

- We got such a limited look at him. Wentz looked damn good until teams figured him out. Now he looks terrible. Is Jimmy a handful of games from the same?

- I just don't trust Belichick. I get that he has Brady and wants to get premium value for Garoppolo while he can, but he's hosed so many teams out of so many good picks for middling (or worse) QBs that I'm gun shy. Don't forget that Garoppolo would net a substantial comp pick down the road if he hits FA. He's looking for more value, sooner. And it doesn't help that Bill's shill, Mike Lombardi, is already trying to drive up his trade value.

When taken together I have to pass. I'd rather use a 1st or 2nd on a highly talented developmental QB in this draft than hand picks over to Belichick for a QB he knows so very well. I think some team is going to get burned on this.

This. But the fact that he couldn't even last a game and a half, getting injured on what didn't even look like a bad hit, is what is the most concerning.

Exactly...just like Bledsoe...

Will he be another Cassell? System QB who plays like crap elsewhere outside the system?

It took that long to mention the biggest reason not to do it. And yes if BB is willing to trade him to the Bills for anything less then a first and Watkins and McCoy I would be scarred of the trade! Edited by atlbillsfan1975

yes I would.

But Whaley had better be sly about it.

Fans might like to trade Gilly or Dareus. so give me Garropolo and a second and a third and Martellius Bennet.

I will refuse to learn how to spell garrpolo though.

I don't think they consider the Bills a rival but I agree it would stupid of them to trade in division if they think he's any good. However, if Bills are the best offer, I don't put it past them to take the draft pick so they can draft another backup they don't have to pay.

thats funny to say.I mean seriously. They likely do look past us to some degree

I don't think I would. The list of Pats backups who never really amount to sh*t around the league is enough to deter me. He will just be the next Cassel or Hoyer.

David Lee can coach him up !

Box of tape.

what kind of tape?

Game tape? Practice day tape?

TT, EJ , Clay, Ed Egan :D

I'd give em Darius if need be, maybe BB can focus his lazy butt.

No way. He sucks. I betcha the hoodie would trade Garoppolo for Tyrod in about 2 seconds.

DEAL!!!

A 2nd, no way. He has barely been exposed to NFL defenses and we have seen what happens to hyped QBs who finally come back to earth.

or guys who are just good at running but cant find the middle of the field or read defenses

I'd be surprised if Brady played 2 more years.

playing to 45, Brady is obsessive about his health.

maybe they should just trade us Brady :thumbsup:

Browns will probably dangle their 2nd... so we'll have to use a bunch of ammo for them to consider our offerplaying to 45, Brady is obsessive about his health.

The Bills don't want him.

playing to 45, Brady is obsessive about his health.

maybe they should just trade us Brady :thumbsup:

Unless he was doing all this stuff since he was born, it won't matter.

Edited by Doc