If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

If the cost was a 1st round pick.....then what would be the downside of continuing to do this.....

IF Tyrod Taylor is not the answer then we should be looking to find the answer......he might be better then any prospect in this years draft.

We cannot let past failures at QB prevent us from continuing to find that guy.

This. It's pretty simple IMO.

A lot of people scared of the Pats shadow.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It is really simple. If Belicheck is willing to trade him to us at this stage of Brady's career we dont want him.

No it is not really simple. He has one year left on his contract and the currently have the greatest QB of all-time under center. Brady may be old but QB's play a lot longer than they did 15-20 years ago and he has showed no signs of slowing down. I am not advocating trading for him nor staying away, but let's not dumb it down to if Belichick doesn't want him then we don't want him. The guy has performed at a very high level when given the chance.

We would find ourselves in another Tyrodesque situation. One year left of his contract, is that long enough for a frank evaluation? Kinda what happened with Kirk Cousins, I guess we could franchise him for 2018.

Wouldn't send a 1st for him. I could live with a 2nd, I think he showed enough ability in the games he played to be worth a gamble. If he falls flat, no long term ties to him. Why not?

He is going to cost a first.

No it is not really simple. He has one year left on his contract and the currently have the greatest QB of all-time under center. Brady may be old but QB's play a lot longer than they did 15-20 years ago and he has showed no signs of slowing down. I am not advocating trading for him nor staying away, but let's not dumb it down to if Belichick doesn't want him then we don't want him. The guy has performed at a very high level when given the chance.

It really is that simple frankly. Brady will be 40 before next season starts. How long you think he has? How long do you think he wants to play? Doesn't seem like the type that wants to go out while not on top. If Belicheck doesnt think he is the future of the franchise you want to bet against him? That would be a typical Whaley move though wanting to gt in a poker game with Belicheck.

It really is that simple frankly. Brady will be 40 before next season starts. How long you think he has? How long do you think he wants to play? Doesn't seem like the type that wants to go out while not on top. If Belicheck doesnt think he is the future of the franchise you want to bet against him? That would be a typical Whaley move though wanting to gt in a poker game with Belicheck.

Brady has more than once said he wants to play till he is 45. Brady is not playing for the money, he is just playing now because he loves football. (Being a billionaire doesn't hurt that lol)

Brady has more than once said he wants to play till he is 45. Brady is not playing for the money, he is just playing now because he loves football. (Being a billionaire doesn't hurt that lol)

No one has ever defeated father time. I will bet you 10K he doesnt play until he is 45. One start in regular season when he is 45 is a winner for you.

I could also see them Franchise tagging him after next year and trading him like they did Cassell. Just get the ma. Out of him, and give Jacoby more time to develop (unless someone offers like a top 15 player KC then I see him listening) but hey I could be way way off lol

There is no chance they will franchise tag him, much less trade him and get anything for him. Their best option may be to keep him as a backup and hope for a 3rd round comp pick in 2019.

He is going to cost a first.

A first round pick would be a reasonable price to play for a starting qb. If he plays at a competent level and is able spread the ball around the field our offense becomes more well rounded. With better qb play Watkins and Clay become more productive players.

If Garoppolo is added maybe the job would be more enticing for McDaniel if Rex is sent packing?

A first round pick would be a reasonable price to play for a starting qb. If he plays at a competent level and is able spread the ball around the field our offense becomes more well rounded. With better qb play Watkins and Clay become more productive players.

If Garoppolo is added maybe the job would be more enticing for McDaniel if Rex is sent packing?

If it meant filling the QB spot, AND landing McDaniels... I might be enticed. But man, I reeeeeeeeally dont want to send NE a 1st rd pick.

I think he goes to Houston for their 1st rounder.

I agree with others that he won't be traded in the division or if he is it's because BB doesn't think highly of him.

He is much better than any other backup they have had imo. This will be an interesting scenario to follow. Maybe they keep him for one more year and part with Brady at the end of next year.

If it meant filling the QB spot, AND landing McDaniels... I might be enticed. But man, I reeeeeeeeally dont want to send NE a 1st rd pick.

In any trade I don't worry about what it means for the other team. The primary concern should be does it make you better. If Garoppolo becomes a credible qb for us that is a major upgrade for the offense in general.

If we make a deal with New England (any deal) we are not going to hoodwink them. To get value you have to give value.

There is no chance they will franchise tag him, much less trade him and get anything for him. Their best option may be to keep him as a backup and hope for a 3rd round comp pick in 2019.

Well they did it with Cassell then traded him to KC for a 2nd and a 5th. As for holding on to him I already said take a major offer to pry him from NE this off season.

Let me ask a question:

Brady will be 40 before the next NFL season starts. Its inevitable that his career is winding down in the next 1 to 2 years. So here is my question:

Why would the Patriots, a team that never over commits to an aging player even when still playing at an elite level, trade Jimmy to a division rival if they felt he was capable of being a quality starter or better in the NFL given Brady will be 40 before the next season begins?

I mean seriously think about that and you will realize there is either no chance we can trade for him or if he is available that means that BB and Pats FO don't think he has much of a future which would make trading for him seem pretty reckless by the Buffalo Bills and an easy pass unless he could be had for very cheap, something also not likely.

Move on, nothing to see here in this trade scenario. Wont happen...and if by some chance it could, then stay away unless it costs us nothing of any significant value like a low round draft pick...something also very unlikely.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Well they did it with Cassell then traded him to KC for a 2nd and a 5th. As for holding on to him I already said take a major offer to pry him from NE this off season.

That's because Pioli was the Chefs' GM. And he actually played a whole season.

BB was a young man when he traded Bledsoe to the Bills. He still had something to prove to himself, his team, and the league. The trade was thought out, and he rolled the dice that the Bills would screw it up, which they eventually did.

Now, BB has much more ego. It's only naturally for men of great power and prestige to underestimate his opponents, and be blinded by his own greatness. He could think, "Who cares, the Bills would screw it up again, even if I send them Tom." So I wouldn't just write off Grap just because BB is willing to send him west. Make Darth Vader pay for his mistakes!!