If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

I think we'll know what the Pats think of their backup quarterbacks by how much playing time they get over the next two games. They have the Jets and then Miami. My guess is the Jets will be getting blown out and leaving the door open for them to bring one of them in. They could have home field locked up before the Miami game meaning they could sit Brady (and blow any chances we might possibly have left of the playoffs by letting Miami win). If Brissett sees the field then I'd think that means Jenine is hitting the market. There is really only a game and a half of tape on Garoppolo and he didn't stay healthy. I'd be wary to say he is going to step into a starting role and blow Tyrod's performances out to the water.

IF the Pats have HFA locked up after tomorrow I would expect a 1/2 of Jimmy G and a 1/2 of Jacoby Brissett. And I see Jimmy G lighting them up like a Xmas tree!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll know what the Pats think of their backup quarterbacks by how much playing time they get over the next two games. They have the Jets and then Miami. My guess is the Jets will be getting blown out and leaving the door open for them to bring one of them in. They could have home field locked up before the Miami game meaning they could sit Brady (and blow any chances we might possibly have left of the playoffs by letting Miami win). If Brissett sees the field then I'd think that means Jenine is hitting the market. There is really only a game and a half of tape on Garoppolo and he didn't stay healthy. I'd be wary to say he is going to step into a starting role and blow Tyrod's performances out to the water.

Brissett just came off IR so he could practice with the team. It doesn't mean he's ready to see any game action. I think you are reading way too into the situation, first off it's not college football, even when teams are blowing teams out backups rarely play more than a series or two, and second off Jimmy G. is clearly the backup QB at this point. One could just as easily take your line of logic and say they could play Jimmy in meaningless time to showcase him for a trade.

IF the Pats have HFA locked up after tomorrow I would expect a 1/2 of Jimmy G and a 1/2 of Jacoby Brissett. And I see Jimmy G lighting them up like a Xmas tree!

In this scenario I see more Brissett. Hoodie knows what has in his 2, will shop his 3.

Miami right now is a playoff team, and has a winning record. AZ was his first ever start and was on the road against a damn good D. (Everyone was saying at the time it was a sure L for the Pats.

RIght now Miami is a playoff team. They looked like a train wreck in week 2 and for their first 5 games (save the Browns game). Unfortunately they turned it around just before playing the Bills. And the Cards are 19th in scoring defense and needed a botched FG to lose that opening game.

Again, he looked promising, but playing not even a game and a half before getting injured makes him a major question mark where giving up a high pick and a ton of money will likely lead to a trade not getting done, or at least for what the Cheaters want.

RIght now Miami is a playoff team. They looked like a train wreck in week 2 and for their first 5 games (save the Browns game). Unfortunately they turned it around just before playing the Bills. And the Cards are 19th in scoring defense and needed a botched FG to lose that opening game.

Again, he looked promising, but playing not even a game and a half before getting injured makes him a major question mark where giving up a high pick and a ton of money will likely lead to a trade not getting done, or at least for what the Cheaters want.

I suspect Cleveland will dangle the #10 overall pick (Eagles pick)to acquire him. But I don't see him being traded unless it makes the team better in the long run.

Why would the Patriots let him go?

Brady has a couple more years in him, max. When Father Time comes QBs drop off fast. It's next to impossible to find the "next guy" unless you get lucky like the Colts and Packers.

Sure, Jimmy is no Brady (nobody is) but he looks pretty damn good already. NO WAY I trade him if I'm the Patriots at this point.

Otherwise, Brady retires and you've got nothing, and you're no better than all the other crap teams who have no QB. Seasons of 5-11 to 7-9 to follow.

It's a very weak QB class and they NEED a QB and if I was them I try and trade get a starting QB. Then use my draft make that Defense better.

True they need a QB. But as mentioned, JG's got a lot of question and teams will be loathe to find out the answers the hard way.

I'm responding to the highlighted segment in your post. BB would have no hesitation of trading Garop to the Bills if they made the highest offer. He certainly isn't going to fear this ramshackle organization that he has beaten at least 90% of the time in his long career because of a qb trade. BB has one consideration and it has little to do with how it impacts that puny franchise in western NY: Is it the right thing to do for his organization? His worry in any trade is not whether it makes the other guy more formidable it is basically is it the right thing to do for his team

I whole heartedly disagree...the struggles of this organization have been deeply rooted in QB play for the better part of 17 years. When we had a very good defense, our offense was marginal to pathetic. This team hasnt been like the Browns, we are perennial 7 or 8 wins a year, and a good QB easily takes that to 10+ wins a year when you look back and see what scrub was under center. Not a chance the Pats give us a QB that is young who could be a franchise guy. They are way too smart for that. Especially since there is almost no chance our offer is better than other teams who would be in play because they have higher draft picks and more of them, like the Browns do to offer. And if the offers were similar, once again, no way they send him here UNLESS they don't think he is going to be all that good, which brings us back to the whole red flag issue.

McDaniels is not going anywhere without BB blessing, he seen what happens to those who leave without his blessing.. they are never heard from again. Also whispers up here is he is being groomed take over for BB ashen he retires. That would be so Steeler like of the Krafts lol.

I read Patricia was the heir apparent ?