No rumor, Bills are working out RB Kar. Williams today!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut Bush, Williams, and Salas to start making room for the new guys. Maybe you can put Williams in the PS. But he has shown nothing to make anyone believe he is a better back than Karlos.

J Williams has only had like 5 snaps and had broken ribs for the 1st few weeks. Cut him some slack his college tape is !@#$ing crazy!! It would be a mistake to let him go now. Theres other people you can cut for Dareus, Shaq, and Karlos besides Salas and J williams. In fact I bet you they wont cut J WIll or Salas.

Problem is Gillislee hasn't gotten many chances to tote the ball. And when he has he's done a very good job. Keep in mind the reason Karlos got so many touches last year is because McCoy had a gimpy hamstring that was lingering. I realize Karlos had nine TDs last year, but Trent Richardson had 12 total TDs his rookie year and look how he panned out. For me, Karlos didn't look like the dominant runner a lot of people on this board think he is. When he finally got to start, he didn't play very well but when Gillislee started, he played exceptionally. To me Karlos is nothing but a change of pace back

Problem is Gillislee hasn't gotten many chances to tote the ball. And when he has he's done a very good job. Keep in mind the reason Karlos got so many touches last year is because McCoy had a gimpy hamstring that was lingering. I realize Karlos had nine TDs last year, but Trent Richardson had 12 total TDs his rookie year and look how he panned out. For me, Karlos didn't look like the dominant runner a lot of people on this board think he is. When he finally got to start, he didn't play very well but when Gillislee started, he played exceptionally. To me Karlos is nothing but a change of pace back

:thumbsup:

I hate to say it because he played well last year, but I feel like it was kinda a fluke. I honestly like Gillislee better than Karlos. Gillislee has great vision which I don't think Karlos does. Karlos isn't a power back and isn't a shifty back. He's just a tweener it seems like.

I don't understand why they are bringing him back. Did he even play special teams when he was here?

He is a power back. And last season he proved to be a beast to tackle. If he could play with the same zest as last year, even with his added weight, he would be an asset to this team and would score touchdowns for this team.

Having said all that, I think it is time the Bills organization started taking personal character into consideration when signing players. So I say kick him to the curb and let him stay there.

Or did they? His GF

savage ‏@DakotaaaRayyy 16m16 minutes ago

hey you guys.. this is the gods honest truth. buffalo cancelled los' trip for this weekend. waiting for a rescheduled visit.

savage ‏@DakotaaaRayyy 12m12 minutes ago

this visit was strictly a workout. no talk of resigning was ever mentioned.

This is a good thing. the omelet station at OBD could get tense if Karlos and the ryan twins all get there at the same time.

In, I think, the second pre-season game I started getting nervous about the RBs, including J. Williams, watching them get knocked around, caught behind the line, easily tackled. not breaking through. One after the other. They seemed small, and light. And I kept wishing Karlos was there, that he'd taken his career seriously and was the "thunder" to McCoy's "lightning." I think his absence (or that of a similar back) has hurt the offense all season long. If he has indeed gotten himself in shape, and made some mental changes, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. And if he adds what he did last year, I believe the Bills are suddenly a team to reckon with going forward.

Fingers crossed.

Cut Bush, Williams, and Salas to start making room for the new guys. Maybe you can put Williams in the PS. But he has shown nothing to make anyone believe he is a better back than Karlos.

I agree with all of that.

J. Hunter & KWill> G Salas & R.Bush....put JWill on PS

Depth is always a good thing, he is familiar with the system and the team. Hopefully as a change of pace short yardage back he works out. But I like McCoy getting 70% of the snaps, I don't think they need to use Karlos in a more full time role. McCoy is a stud run him as the primary back no need to run him to the ground but he seems to be rolling right now and until he shows signs of wear and tear you don't need to force Williams into the rotation more than as a solid backup.

In, I think, the second pre-season game I started getting nervous about the RBs, including J. Williams, watching them get knocked around, caught behind the line, easily tackled. not breaking through. One after the other. They seemed small, and light. And I kept wishing Karlos was there, that he'd taken his career seriously and was the "thunder" to McCoy's "lightning." I think his absence (or that of a similar back) has hurt the offense all season long. If he has indeed gotten himself in shape, and made some mental changes, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. And if he adds what he did last year, I believe the Bills are suddenly a team to reckon with going forward.

Fingers crossed.

Karlos is actually a slow starter but built momentum when he got a few steps going forward. Susceptible to being tackled in the backfield and a lousy short yardage guy. Gillislee is the more effective short yardage guy and has been remarkably consistent. The area where Karlos is surprisingly good is as a receiver.

Correction.........thread is ALL rumor :lol:

Edited by #BADOL

Wonder if they brought him in and weighed him, gave him a physical(worked him out) and decided he hadn't met their requirements for re-signing him?

He never came in. The workout was scheduled for tomorrow but is now reportedly cancelled. However, it seems as though it may be rescheduled.

Or did they? His GF

savage @DakotaaaRayyy 16m16 minutes ago

hey you guys.. this is the gods honest truth. buffalo cancelled los' trip for this weekend. waiting for a rescheduled visit.

savage @DakotaaaRayyy 12m12 minutes ago

this visit was strictly a workout. no talk of resigning was ever mentioned.

Interesting, I wonder if that's 'cuz of the hurricane that they cancelled or ??

LOL the issues for Florida are very real. My tow truck companies h

@BF_insiders
Not sure if everyone is on board with bringing 29 back in, source tells me that some are hesitate with bringing him back @BillsFanaticsBF

The talent is evident

I dont want Mike Gilaslee riding the bench in favor of a guy that cant stay on the field

Wow. ESPN's Adam Schefter made it seem like Williams' return to Buffalo was a done deal earlier today. Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News backtracked somewhat, predicting Williams had a "50-50" chance to re-sign with Buffalo. Now the Bills aren't even going to work him out. We're not sure what's responsible for the abrupt change of plans, though it's understandable why the Bills would be hesitant to bring Williams back. He was embarrassingly out of shape at OTAs this summer and just came off a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Where Williams goes from here is anyone's guess.

Wow. ESPN's Adam Schefter made it seem like Williams' return to Buffalo was a done deal earlier today. Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News backtracked somewhat, predicting Williams had a "50-50" chance to re-sign with Buffalo. Now the Bills aren't even going to work him out. We're not sure what's responsible for the abrupt change of plans, though it's understandable why the Bills would be hesitant to bring Williams back. He was embarrassingly out of shape at OTAs this summer and just came off a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Where Williams goes from here is anyone's guess.

More good work by the media.

Why would they need a workout? Just look at him and see if he's still carrying too much weight.

Eddie Lacy showed up carrying too much weight, but evidently pretty fit underneath. I heard in response to my question that Karlos was not only fat, he was way out of condition.

I would think it matters if he's put himself in improved physical condition, not just if he's lost some weight.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I hate to say it because he played well last year, but I feel like it was kinda a fluke. I honestly like Gillislee better than Karlos. Gillislee has great vision which I don't think Karlos does. Karlos isn't a power back and isn't a shifty back. He's just a tweener it seems like.

I don't understand why they are bringing him back. Did he even play special teams when he was here?

Last year wasnt a fluke- Karlos is a football player through and through. He just needs to get his head on straight. And furthermore, im not sure what your watching but he can cram it between the tackles. He also runs great routes.

... and this is why Rex smartened up and didn't waste a roster spot on a 2nd kicker this season. Thank goodness for that - provides some flexibility to bring guys in.

Rex decided not to waste a roster spot on a 2nd kicker because of the rule changes and the announcement that they would carry through the season instead of being reevaluated Week 4.

J Williams has only had like 5 snaps and had broken ribs for the 1st few weeks. Cut him some slack his college tape is !@#$ing crazy!! It would be a mistake to let him go now. Theres other people you can cut for Dareus, Shaq, and Karlos besides Salas and J williams. In fact I bet you they wont cut J WIll or Salas.

McFly where did gouge on the broken ribs come from? He has not been listed on the injury report.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan