Embrace your inner patriot

Beerball

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Seattle ran the ball from the 1 then we would be talking about how the Pats can't win the big one. They are the luckiest franchise in sports history. They just so happened to pick the best QB ever in the 6th round. Boston fans used to be lovable losers, now they are cocky and arrogant. I hope they realize they have become the very thing they despised for almost 100 years. The Patriots are now the Yankees of the NFL

At some point this past weekend I decided it's better for me to simply embrace the fact that the Patriots will win SB 50. They're good, they'll win.

F that. I honestly thought that this was going to be a post about how the Bills should embrace cheating in order to win.

Carolina will destroy them. Right now, the Panthers are in a league by themselves.

Panthers couldn't score for the last 35 minutes of the game.. Their defense let the Seahawks back into the game.

After getting spotted 31 points, Carolina laid down. If they get behind, not sure they can win.

after 49 years of rooting for the Bills, i've embraced the fact that winning seasons are few and far between, and that our best teams in the future may squander their opportunity to achieve greatness - as the 90's team did.

after coming to grips with the likes of that, you think i give two craps about what Babe Parilli's team has done?

I've often thought about this very question: under what incredible circumstances would I actually WANT to see NE* win?

I felt a similar way about the 49ers when they were seemingly always winning. I was sick and tired of seeing them win SB after SB. 5 trophies later it FINALLY ended. Now I don't really care either way about them. IF they win #6 I won't be bothered by it.

I think the only way I could root for Tom Brady and/or Belichick would be if either one is somehow released from the Patriots* and goes back to play them. Then I would root for Brady to get over on his old team, but since that will never happen I will never root for them.

The real question is 5-10 years from now when they are a total train wreck that goes 5-11 or 6-10 every year will we still care? Will beating them be as satisfying?

Edited by TheFunPolice

I can never ever never root for the Patriots. I did root for them (except when playing the Bills), but it was before they won anything. Some sort of twisted old AFL loyalty.

I hate to admit it, but I rooted for them the first time against the Giants. But at the time, I had more hatred in my heart towards the Dolphins, and I wanted somebody, anybody to beat their record, even if it was the Patriots*.

The only time I can root for the Patriots is if they have nothing to play for and they are playing the Jets. The Pats-Jets playoff game in 2011 was sheer torture.

A few years ago I picked the Patriots to win the SB in a post-season pool. I still rooted against them every step of the way.