Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Let's be honest - the Bills didn't want either Worthy or Legette, but clearly called the Panthers bluff by saying they'd draft him if the Panthers didn't take 32. Perhaps they even did the same with the Chiefs, as I'm not sure who would have picked Worthy had they stayed at 32.

Right decision? Wrong decision? Goodness knows. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another trade back from 33. My biggest disappointment is Josh is, so far, getting so little support yet will get the blame when the team falls short again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The Xaviers are regarded as having mid Day-2 grades. If Beane is right and they are reaches at the draft picks he traded out, where the Bills reap the benefits, and gets his guy anyway after being pushed down (and lower salary!) then we're not Worthy.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They must have told us the WR they wanted and it wasn't our guy. 

There’s not a chance in hell that happened.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

AD Mitchell and Ladd sitting there still. 

Personally hope we go Mitchell (high ceiling) and then double dip on day 2, but I’d be happy with Ladd. He’s kind of a slightly smaller Steph. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Nothing more hyped than a 1st round pick, especially the 2nd half of the round.  More picks increases odds of hitting on players.  Plus Bills in retool mode.  Couldn't beat KC with aging core so gets more players in the draft and hope some can play.     

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Yup completely what I'm doing - I'm sooo much better than you -

Was that you? Idk I'm truly not mad at you. I'm disappointed atm. It's not personal. I'm sure you're actually a good person. My apology for being passive aggressive. Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Of course I’d be upset, but not at Beane trading back.  I’d be pissed if we drafted worthy to only have him get injured right away, or turns out he can’t catch the ball

if the chiefs maximize the ability of him, so be it.  This isn’t us trading the first overall pick.

you can’t be “scared” as an NFL gm.  Beane has someone in mind for our pick, and he obviously knows he will get him

so let kc squirm and find another partner, or make them overpay

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The big fail here is not that we didnt get what some presume to be hall of fame college players. Heck every draft has steals. But what i do see as a FAIL is letting K.C. the only team we cannot beat get exactly what they want. We did it with Mahomes and now with the fastest player ever to run at the combine. Just doesnt make any sense.

Edited by Cuboirs
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. Wonderful said:

Nothing more hyped than a 1st round pick, especially the 2nd half of the round.  More picks increases odds of hitting on players.  Plus Bills in retool mode.  Couldn't beat KC with aging core so gets more players in the draft and hope some can play.     

5th round players are no guarantee to even make the team. This team needs a few difference makers not Meh scrubs.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

We must be trading for a vet WR

Vikes only have 1,5,5 next year

go get Jefferson

We don't have the cap room for a veteran unless we make a post June 1 trade. Yet I can't imagine drafting a guy only to trade him a few weeks later. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

go get Jefferson

I’d like to think, but is the draft capital we collected really good enough to be useful in a trade? I don’t think so. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

go get Jefferson

are the Vikings going to pay his salary this season?  Or can Beane do more creative restructuring… lol

8 minutes ago, TOboy said:

AD Mitchell and Ladd sitting there still. 

Personally hope we go Mitchell (high ceiling) and then double dip on day 2, but I’d be happy with Ladd. He’s kind of a slightly smaller Steph. 

Mitchell would be a steal 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

This will be the draft that cost Brandon Beans his job. You watch. 

What the heck are you talking about?  He's had more success here than anyone since Bill Polian and you think he's going to get fired.  LOL.  He's getting more pics hoping he can hit on some of them.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Options at #33 for those that are purely focused on WR:

• Adonai Mitchell (majority believes he's the #4 or #5 WR in the draft even if I personally do not)
  • My personal #5 through #9 WRs (granted one of them is Cowing who is simply not a fit for the role we need to fill)
  • Brandon Aiyuk? #33 is roughly what the projected cost would be to acquire him and SF did just draft a WR at 31.

We made some significant moves up the board while still having a guy available that most people preferred over Worthy/Legette anyways and several options that I personally prefer and that's just at WR.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Agree 2

The Xaviers are regarded as having mid Day-2 grades. If Beane is right and they are reaches at the draft picks he traded out, where the Bills reap the benefits, and gets his guy anyway after being pushed down (and lower salary!) then we're not Worthy.

Day 2 will tell the tale, but the talking skulls are killing Beane right now for trading out of picks used to pick players they are sure the Bills needed.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Cuboirs said:

The big fail here is not that we didnt get what some presume to be hall of fame college players. Heck every draft has steals. But what ki do see as a FAIL is letting K.C. the only team we cannot beat get exactly what they want. We did it with Mahomes and now with the fastest player ever to run at the combine. Just doesnt make any sense.

So should the Bills have drafted him to keep the Chiefs from getting him? Because it was pretty likely the Chiefs would get him anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Let's be honest - the Bills didn't want either Worthy or Legette, but clearly called the Panthers bluff by saying they'd draft him if the Panthers didn't take 32.

I disagree, the Panthers probably told the Bills who they wanted to take and the Bills weren’t going to take that player anyway.

This deal was all about trading draft compensation for the 5th year option. I doubt anybody did any bluffing.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills trading down makes sense.

KC trading up for Worthy makes no sense.  There is an excellent chance he would be there at 32 if they just stood pat.

But because of Mahomes and McDuffie, I'm sure the national narrative will be "KC did it to the Bills again" for awhile. But I simply don't see the negatives here.  If both KC and Buffalo stood pat, we probably both end up w/ the same WR's we're getting anyway. And they gave up draft capital, while we gained it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Cray51 said:

Maybe the trade we received was in fact a premium…?

It was not by any metric.

no scale or historical comp shows that as higher than normal value. 

Any moderators in here?  Look, like, not one to grovel and such but am only a few points left in rookie status and did forewarn the site was gonna crash come pick 32 here during pick 28 lags.  

What say ya give me a bump?  At least someone will leave this thread tonight with something to show.for it.   😁

1 minute ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

What the heck are you talking about?  He's had more success here than anyone since Bill Polian and you think he's going to get fired.  LOL.  He's getting more pics hoping he can hit on some of them.  

Destructive personalities.