Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

In retrospect yeah.  They would’ve had to have known Penix would be available at 8 when they paid that contract.  Now they’re going to hand a cap-crushed team to a promising young QB who will need talent around him?  Bizarre is right, seems like a failure of process.  Raiders are arguably in better shape long term with zero QBs than the Falcons are with two.  (But the Raiders should’ve went and got Fields when they had the chance.)

absolutely wild- 

either the have a 45m a year backup for 2 years that leaves substantial dead money after that 

or 

they waste 2 years of Penix rookie deal and don’t start him til he is 26 and have dead money from Kirk 

Just now, NoSaint said:

absolutely wild- 

either the have a 45m a year backup for 2 years that leaves substantial dead money after that 

or 

they waste 2 years of Penix rookie deal and don’t start him til he is 26 and have dead money from Kirk 

BB is thankful he isn’t working under that ***** show today

Just now, The Jokeman said:

how many snaps is a rookie WR going to get if we play 12 personnel?

The last 3 seasons the Bills hyped up 12 personnel and it always turns out they're way more effective running with an 11 set.

I don't buy it anymore. 

A potential #1 WR would likely got more playing time than any lineman in McD's rotation.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Herc11 said:

Minny paid a STEEP price to move up 6 picks

If that is the going rate, I'm glad the Bills aren't paying it yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, UKBillFan said:

What the heck are the Vikings doing? They're throwing away picks.

They got a guy who was presumed to be a top pick at a premium position. It’s not bad business at all. 

• Agree 1

Depending on what happens with Jax and Cin, I think we are going to get a real good idea on how Beane has these WRs graded.  With the way the draft has fallen, there will be plenty of opportunities to trade up into the early 20s to secure the guy they like best.  If they don't, I think it will become pretty obvious that we just have all these WRs rated about the same (outside of the top 3).  I think if we get through say pick 20 and no other WRs have gone, if we don't appear on the screen, they obviously don't want to spend even a little bit to get a specific guy. 

At this point, I am really hoping Legette is their guy and they are just confident he's going to be there for them to take.  Guess we'll see over the next 3-4 picks.  But the Rams, Steelers, Jags, Cowboys, and even the Dolphins could want to take a WR.  A lot of teams to dodge to just sit there if we like a guy.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

If that is the going rate, I'm glad the Bills aren't paying it yet.

that is insane what MInny paid. Holy ****

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

this has been the spot lots of people thought the bills would trade to for btj...

but is he a 1st rounder still and is he worth burning picks for?

I had doubts he's the "consensus" #4 receiver.  He wasn't that high during season.

I think this next tier of WRs is very good, but so diverse and specific scheme fits that will work for certain teams.  Won't be shocked if Jax selects BTJ at 23, or if he slides to end of Rd 1 or early Rd 2.  Going to be very good WRs when we pick, or if we move back

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

absolutely wild- 

or 

The benefit of a rookie QB is that you can spend more on skill positions 

Here you take away a huge benefit of a rookie wage QB 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills are fine still as long as BTJ and Worthy are on the board there shouldn’t even be a thought of moving up yet 

Not worthy 

Not Robinson 

Not Mitchell 

If the choice is those three, sell the pick 

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

that is insane what MInny paid. Holy ****

they just replaced Danielle Hunter for a future 3 and 4.  plus 167.  Doesn't seem expensive to me.