McAfee Draft Spectacular Show Featuring Bill Belichick

wppete

Pretty excited about this show tonight. Think it will be the best coverage tonight over ESPN and NFL Network. Sounds like Belichick will be revealing all the secrets and trade craft tonight. Should also be entertaining McAfee and Mad Mel.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Different strokes for different folks. I can deal with McAfee over the top sometimes but he’s a hype man he’ll be like Gruden was where he loves every prospect. 

His ADD will overshadow someone like Belichick. I used to watch ESPN for Kiper but they gave up by round 5 and started doing round tables etc so I’ve officially been on NFL network because they keep it simple and stick with picks and analysis 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

As a football junkie the 30 mins  from 730 to 8:00 will be a must watch imo.  Bill Breaking down his board his way and what to expect Rd 1 will be interesting. Im a Pat guy and would watch either way.  I think Bill uncensored on a live mike for 3 hours will change many peoples opinion of him.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm curious to see how Belichick plays the media. I am of the opinion that he is effectively blackballed from coaching again. If he is very candid to the point of dropping dirt on rival organizations I'll enjoy it with the expectation that he is finished. I believe Parcells, Gruden and Vermeil were the only coaches to go from TV back to coaching.

I said this elsewhere, but feel how you want about the guy but Bill Belichick is extraordinary when discussing the game of football. No not the forced weekly pressers where he has to deal with reporters prodding him, but the actual game. 

I think he's going to surprise many tonight and be excellent. It's McAfee and more so his crew of assclows that I won't be able to watch. The only person that may annoy me more than them is Kyle Brandt...but it's close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I said this elsewhere, but feel how you want about the guy but Bill Belichick is extraordinary when discussing the game of football. No not the forced weekly pressers where he has to deal with reporters prodding him, but the actual game. 

I think he's going to surprise many tonight and be excellent. It's McAfee and more so his crew of assclows that I won't be able to watch. The only person that may annoy me more than them is Kyle Brandt...but it's close.

There's talk that Peyton Manning is working on putting together a version of the Manning-cast but for College Football and it would be Saban and Belichick watching the games and commenting together. I would PAY to watch that.

• Agree 1

Belichick's wisdom and insight will be fascinating -- even though he was awful at drafting the past several years (and beyond?). I always said that Bill the Coach is the best ever, but Bill the GM suuuuucks. Nevertheless, he's forgotten more about football than any of us could ever hope to learn.

He and McAfee will be a weird pairing. Like oil and water. Clearly Bill is on his "rehabilitate his image so that he can get another head coaching job" world tour. Smart move.

I'm glad draft coverage has expanded. I usually watch NFL Network's, but in recent years, various web-based draft day shows have surpassed even that. Thank goodness. Never much liked ESPN's coverage.

Now who do I have to call about not going to commercial when the Bills are on the clock for the 14th year in a row?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There's talk that Peyton Manning is working on putting together a version of the Manning-cast but for College Football and it would be Saban and Belichick watching the games and commenting together. I would PAY to watch that.

Me too. The manningcast would be must watch TV if it werent for crappy zoom calls plugging some ***** movie instead of two former NFL QBs just talking football 

• Agree 1

I’m on the fence with McAfee. He can be entertaining sometimes and gets some good guests on. Beane is usually good on that show. 

I haven’t liked “pro wrestling” since I was like 7 years old and found out it was fake so I can’t stand that stuff when they do it. 

I do agree on the Rodgers stuff. I have no issues with him having a weekly spot and then being friends and talking about controversial subjects, that’s all totally fine. But he’s just such a Rodgers apologist. Even after a couple of his really bad performances in the playoffs with GB, Pat was still licking his boots and trying to deflect. 

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Different strokes for different folks. I can deal with McAfee over the top sometimes but he’s a hype man he’ll be like Gruden was where he loves every prospect. 

His ADD will overshadow someone like Belichick. I used to watch ESPN for Kiper but they gave up by round 5 and started doing round tables etc so I’ve officially been on NFL network because they keep it simple and stick with picks and analysis 

See I have different thoughts. I feel like NFL network doesn't show highlights much after day 1 and do the fluffy Rich Eisen run a 40 stuff to death. Day 3 ESPN still recaps and shows highlights for almost every pick, it just sometimes takes them a while to get back to it after listening to Trey Wingo make stupid comments. For me, NFL network has become watching the scroll on the bottom of the screen a lot of the time. The both have way too many commercials...JMO

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So they have the former Patriots coach what about the GM?

Bildschirmfoto_2020_04_25_um_01.34.05.pn

That was the best draft ever and i'm hoping Bill brings this back again this year.......lol

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm firmly team NFL Network. Only tried ESPN once. No thanks.

I live out in the boonies and the only premium channel i get is the NFL network, so.......

• Like (+1) 1

Pat's alright. He gets on my nerves a bit when he gets super loud and a little obnoxious. There are times it definitely sounds forced, like he thinks okay we just got some sort of scoop, lemme get loud! But then there are other times it kinda looks like he doesn't wanna be the loud frat guy type. I guess it just depends on the day. Sometimes I can listen to those guys for most of a show, other times I can make it thru a clip or two.

Ol' Billy Bellychunx was actually pretty entertaining when he was on recently and he pulled back the curtain a bit on how teams process the draft. I'm sure it'll be pretty interesting. 

Is it going to be on YouTube?

Edited by blacklabel
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Pat's alright. He gets on my nerves a bit when he gets super loud and a little obnoxious. There are times it definitely sounds forced, like he thinks okay we just got some sort of scoop, lemme get loud! But then there are other times it kinda looks like he doesn't wanna be the loud frat guy type. I guess it just depends on the day. Sometimes I can listen to those guys for most of a show, other times I can make it thru a clip or two.

Ol' Billy Bellychunx was actually pretty entertaining when he was on recently and he pulled back the curtain a bit on how teams process the draft. I'm sure it'll be pretty interesting. 

Is it going to be on YouTube?

Yes, starting in three hours by the looks of it:

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, stuvian said:

I'm curious to see how Belichick plays the media. I am of the opinion that he is effectively blackballed from coaching again. If he is very candid to the point of dropping dirt on rival organizations I'll enjoy it with the expectation that he is finished. I believe Parcells, Gruden and Vermeil were the only coaches to go from TV back to coaching.

yep im thinking Bill is blackballed as well.  think the league and the owners have had enough of him,  and knowing what he wants,  to break Shulas record,  theyre happy to keep him from getting it.

• Agree 1

I don't get people who hate McAfee. Indifference I can understand. The only people in sports media I dislike are Skip and Wright. Everyone else I treat with varying levels of interest or indifference. The guy's not out there actively trashing the Bills or anything like that. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Belichick didn't exactly draft well & his media appearances like watching paint dry (actually the paint was more fun). This does not sound like a compelling watch. Unless...

🤔

McAfee so pissed off Bill that they actually physically fight. Now THAT, I want to see live. 

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Belichick didn't exactly draft well & his media appearances like watching paint dry (actually the paint was more fun). This does not sound like a compelling watch. Unless...

🤔

McAfee so pissed off Bill that they actually physically fight. Now THAT, I want to see live. 

I think he did well in the NFL's 100 greatest players a few years ago.

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get people who hate McAfee. Indifference I can understand. The only people in sports media I dislike are Skip and Wright. Everyone else I treat with varying levels of interest or indifference. The guy's not out there actively trashing the Bills or anything like that. 

He's a loud, drunken redneck 😆