McAfee Draft Spectacular Show Featuring Bill Belichick

wppete

11 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Low key Belichick is wasted on this telecast 

I love the fact that these guys are getting picked in the top 3 and the first thing Bill does is break down 3-5 plays on why they suck. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I love the fact that these guys are getting picked in the top 3 and the first thing Bill does is break down 3-5 plays on why they suck. 

I like that aspect, it's different and frankly kinda funny 

Do wish they would stop the constant "jokes" though comes across too forced.

They could provide a cool alternative to the normal telecast 

12 hours ago, wppete said:

Pretty excited about this show tonight. Think it will be the best coverage tonight over ESPN and NFL Network. Sounds like Belichick will be revealing all the secrets and trade craft tonight. Should also be entertaining McAfee and Mad Mel.

Cole Strange will be watching!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Crazy how downgraded Bill has become amongst the nfl elite. 

Him just being on this tools show is hysterical. Best he could do. 

In season McAfee averages like 800k viewers per day and 1.7M on social media clips.

Pat is as big or bigger than any NFL show on tv/youtube.

You don’t have to like the guy, or his show. I don’t care. But to talk about the PM Show like ianybody going on it is the bottom of the barrel is flat out wrong. If Pat isn’t the king of the football media hill he is very close to it.

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mango said:

In season McAfee averages like 800k viewers per day and 1.7M on social media clips.

Pat is as big or bigger than any NFL show on tv/youtube.

You don’t have to like the guy, or his show. I don’t care. But to talk about the PM Show like ianybody going on it is the bottom of the barrel is flat out wrong. If Pat isn’t the king of the football media hill he is very close to it.

News flash: a LOT of the media and their associated pages get “hits” and “likes”. And views.  This doesn’t mean they’re good. 

I’ve watched his show just to laugh at how ridiculous he comes off.  

some of the most lame takes get the most hits.  That’s how the media works.  

Why wasn’t Bill on any of the panels on tv during the draft?  He could’ve been asked to sit with any of the panels doing live coverage during the draft at the show.  He wasn’t.  

Edited by Blackbeard

21 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Can't stand McAfee. He ruined College GameDay. He is the white redneck version of Stepen A Smith. Add the fact he pays Rodgers to spout out his bullshat and he is unwatchable. 

Is there a protest somewhere you could be?

24 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

News flash: a LOT of the media and their associated pages get “hits” and “likes”. And views.  This doesn’t mean they’re good. 

I’ve watched his show just to laugh at how ridiculous he comes off.  

some of the most lame takes get the most hits.  That’s how the media works.  

Why wasn’t Bill on any of the panels on tv during the draft?  He could’ve been asked to sit with any of the panels doing live coverage during the draft at the show.  He wasn’t.  

You’ve missed the point entirely. Those Pat Macafee numbers are bigger than most of the other sports and football shows on any other network. Get Up and First Take average about 600k per day to Pats 800k+. 

You hate the guy. I get it. I am not here to tell you he is the most entertaining shows. But when you ask “why isn’t he on the other networks right now?”. That’s why. Because his daily viewership is as high or higher than everybody else. 

Everything you like the most isn’t the most popular and that’s totally Ok. But it doesn’t make other people bums. 

22 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Can't stand McAfee. He ruined College GameDay. He is the white redneck version of Stepen A Smith. Add the fact he pays Rodgers to spout out his bullshat and he is unwatchable. 

And I thought I was alone. I agree with you.

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

You’ve missed the point entirely. Those Pat Macafee numbers are bigger than most of the other sports and football shows on any other network. Get Up and First Take average about 600k per day to Pats 800k+. 

You hate the guy. I get it. I am not here to tell you he is the most entertaining shows. But when you ask “why isn’t he on the other networks right now?”. That’s why. Because his daily viewership is as high or higher than everybody else. 

Everything you like the most isn’t the most popular and that’s totally Ok. But it doesn’t make other people bums. 

I still disagree. 
My point is Bill have been downgraded.  

if he was such a hot prospect for nfl analysis, he’d be on the larger paneled shows.  

McAfee gets hits sure. But the majority of the people watching nfl are watching it live on tv.  They’re not tuning into some show on social media. 

no sense arguing. 

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

I still disagree. 
My point is Bill have been downgraded.  

if he was such a hot prospect for nfl analysis, he’d be on the larger paneled shows.  

McAfee gets hits sure. But the majority of the people watching nfl are watching it live on tv.  They’re not tuning into some show on social media. 

no sense arguing. 

You asked why. The answer is McAfee is one of the most popular, if not the most popular NFL show in the world. He is on ESPN as well, but his YouTube alone did better than the NFL Network did last year. So he’s likely already beat “one of the larger panels”.

You can “disagree” all you want. But it doesn’t change the viewership numbers which aren’t really an opinion. Lots of people watch McAfee. Way more people than you think. It isn’t bottom of the barrel viewership. Day in and day out it’s top of the barrel. 

You just hate the guy and that’s ok too. But it has nothing to do with BB.

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

You asked why. The answer is McAfee is one of the most popular, if not the most popular NFL show in the world. He is on ESPN as well, but his YouTube alone did better than the NFL Network did last year. So he’s likely already beat “one of the larger panels”.

You can “disagree” all you want. But it doesn’t change the viewership numbers which aren’t really an opinion. Lots of people watch McAfee. Way more people than you think. It isn’t bottom of the barrel viewership. Day in and day out it’s top of the barrel. 

You just hate the guy and that’s ok too. But it has nothing to do with BB.

Great take.  Again 

we disagree bud.  It’s all good. 

If pat McAfee was more the macafee that is on college game day bilichick would have fit in a lot better, which the show tends to be more laid back and "fun" for lack of a better word 

Tried to make it too much the pat macafee show but then tried to be a legit draft show with Belichick sticking out like a sore thumb

I'm guessing Belichick thought this show would have been more game day vs PMS and that's how he ended up there

Wish ESPN would have just a two man team of Belichick and saban breaking down the picks 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If pat McAfee was more the macafee that is on college game day bilichick would have fit in a lot better, which the show tends to be more laid back and "fun" for lack of a better word 

Tried to make it too much the pat macafee show but then tried to be a legit draft show with Belichick sticking out like a sore thumb

I'm guessing Belichick thought this show would have been more game day vs PMS and that's how he ended up there

Wish ESPN would have just a two man team of Belichick and saban breaking down the picks 

Agree on the Saban/Bill show. That would be awesome. I oddly enjoy the Belichick personality, but I really enjoyed how candid he about his film review. We have sen guys early in their broadcast career like Romo take a deep dive only to dumb it down. I hope he sticks to it. He is definitely more stubborn than everybody, if anybody can it is Bill. 

Re: Bill and McAfee, I think he enjoyed himself. He laughed a ton and asked to be a regular on the show. It seemed to catch Pat off guard. They agreed to do a weekly Monday spot this season. I think being the straight man last night made it a reasonable show. I like Pat's daily show, but I wouldn't have stayed tuned in with them last night if not for Bill. I think they are on to something that could be a great draft show with a little fine tuning. 

Also the Rodgers segment was unbearable. I find him annoying in general, but sometimes entertaining in a watching a crazy person be crazy kind of way. It seemed very clear that he expects to have a lot of influence on the FO/draft.