Tyrel Dodson to Seattle

What’s the story on Jerome Baker? I thought he was one of the better Dolphin defenders, but he’s still a FA. Don’t know how healthy he is, but I’m a bit surprised he hasn’t signed somewhere. I would’ve liked him over Morrow.

Edited by Brand J

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

What’s the story on Jerome Baker? I thought he was one of the better Dolphin defenders, but he’s still a FA. Don’t know how healthy he is, but I’m a bit surprised he hasn’t signed somewhere. I would’ve liked him over Morrow.

Baker is probably considered a starter …so out of our price range 

Morrow is depth and likely under $2m so in our bargain basement shopping area 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

He played much better this past season than the prior season. Best of luck to him.

That was a theme in the LB room. Really maximized each player's contribution, until injuries yanked AJ Klein out of his RV and onto an NFL field. 

Bodes well that the LB coach, who also had success as a safeties coach, is now running the defense. Player development and maximization is the name of the game.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think LB is the only defensive position in which we aren’t terribly thin, but that’s only because we’re base nickel. 

We can be base nickel but Bills need ability to change defense when defense is being attacked and that means we need players who can play in it and coaches who can effectively coach it and game plan it.

Just now, Virgil said:

I'm curious to see the contract details, as I would have liked to have him back.  Him and Dane Jackson were two I was hoping to get back on the cheap

Seems he will be getting starter money .. so will be out of the Bills range 

6 hours ago, Brand J said:

He sucks

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Dodson played better than I thought he would, but I didn't think he was playing as well as PFF was grading him.

Just have to hope Milano comes back to form and/or Williams is ready for more minutes

Maybe at least to start the season Milano and Williams platoon to ease Milano back into things. 

I liked Dodson and thought he was draftable the year he came out. Whenever he got into games for the Bills he looked impressive which is why his struggles last pre-season when given a shot to win the starting job were so odd. But ultimately he got a chance this year and parlayed that into a nice FA deal in a palce with zero other linebackers (their top 3 from last year have all left as FAs) and a great chance to start.

Huge credit to the kid.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Dodson played better than I thought he would, but I didn't think he was playing as well as PFF was grading him.

Just have to hope Milano comes back to form and/or Williams is ready for more minutes

Maybe at least to start the season Milano and Williams platoon to ease Milano back into things. 

Bills coaching staff was using him at right time which is why he was graded as high as he was.

52 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

The fact that in a single off-season, the Bills have had a 7th rounder and an undrafted FA signed by other teams to be starters is a credit to the organization. Keep doing that.

This is part of the reason why it’s been so maddening that we spend money on so much vet depth … Bills FO & Coaching Staff, yall are actually really good at drafting & developing Day 3/UDFA talent.

This doesn’t even factor in guys like Alex Austin that other teams have invested in when we couldn’t roster them.